Next KRE-O Set?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

I really hope that this becomes available to amazon.com or someone else eventually so I can buy it. Hasbro UK told me this won't be released in the UK so I'm a little annoyed!

Also hoping for some classic/TNG sets being shown at toy fair next year. 

#22 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

Dear Santa...

Ideal KRE-O Sets:

Star Trek Into Darkness:

Garbage Barge Fight: 
Includes garbage barge from final scene of Into Darkness KREONS: Spock, Khan, Uhura

Star Trek (2009):

Young Kirk Car chase:
Chase scene involving Young James T Kirk being chased by Police hover bike Includes car, hover bike and 2 KREONS: Young Kirk & Police Man. 

Stranded on Delta Vega:
Including escape pod, Polarzilla, Big Red Monster and Ice cave diorama plus 3 KREONS: James Kirk, Spock Prime & Scotty

The USS Kelvin: 
Light Tech USS Kelvin set with interior bridge play set and 5 KREONS: Captain Robau, Captain George Kirk, Winona Kirk, Nurse & Romulan General Ayel

Orbital Jump Mission: 
Light Tech USS Enterprise shuttle, Romulan Drill platform diorama with 5 KREONS: Captain Pike, Orbital Dive Kirk, Orbital Dive Sulu, Orbital Dive Olson, Romulan Soldier

CLASSIC Star Trek & Star Trek: The Next Generation:

Classic USS Enterprise:
Light Tech USS Enterprise set with new pylon mould, interior bridge play set and 5 KREONS: Captain Kirk, Mr Spock, Dr McCoy, Uhura, Khan

Romulan Bird of Prey: 
Light Tech Romulan Bird of Prey set with interior command play set and 2 KREONS: Romulan Commander, Romulan Soldier 

Shuttlecraft Galileo:
Light Tech shuttlecraft ship including 2 KREONS: Mr Spock, Mr Scott 

Alien Planet set:
Light Tech alien landscape, includes rock formations, exploding parts and 4 KREONS: Battle Ravaged Kirk, The Gorn, Mr Spock, & Battle damaged redshirt

TNG USS Enterprise D: 
The largest KRE-O set to date! Light Tech USS Enterprise D play set with interior bridge and ready room play set plus 7 KREONS: Captain Picard, Commander Riker, Lt Commander Data, Dr Crusher, Borg Drone, Councillor Troi, Romulan Commander Tomalok

Klingon Bird of Prey: 
Light Tech Klingon Bird of Prey ship set including 3 KREONS: Commander Worf, Chancellor Gowron & Lursor

Mini-figure blind bags series 2, 3 and 4: 

2: Locutus of Borg, Admiral Kirk, Wrath of Khan Khan, Quark, Captain Archer, Shran
3: Admiral Pike (TOS), Salt Vampire, General Chang, Borg Queen, Captain Janeway, 7 of 9
4: Odo, Scotty (TOS), Naked Time Sulu (TOS), Mugato, Geordi Laforge

Doesn't have to be by Christmas but over the coming years. Thanks

#23 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:24 AM

I know this would be bizarre, but what about Kre-o role play?  Build your own phaser with Light Tech?  Tricorder?  Communicator?  They would not have to be very big, and they could incorporate their lighttech stuff easily.

#24 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:32 AM

Also, what about:

STID: USS Enterprise Engineering Playset

Mini model of the National Ignition Laboratory Engineering Playset with Radiation Door Spock, Kirk and Scotty.  (I know, a little macabre, but still...)

Kre-o Fleet

Mini Ships like Reliant, Excelsior, Voyager, Defiant with their respective Kre-on captain: Khan, Sulu, Janeway, Sisco....

#25 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

Also I'd like to see an ultimate USS Enterprise set that looks like the one in the Hasbro Kreo Star Trek short.

#26 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

WITH A PURPLE STICKER

#27 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:57 PM

http://www.geeky-gui...nd-bag.html?m=1

Anyone seeing these at retail??

#28 trekhunter1701

trekhunter1701

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:53 PM

http://www.geeky-gui...nd-bag.html?m=1

Anyone seeing these at retail??

Good question. I'm going to start looking. Never saw them yet.

#29 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:58 PM

I honestly thought this line was scrapped! I wonder if there will be any surprises from Hasbro at Toy Fair? In all honesty, I am just meh about Hasbro, Mattel, DST. None of these companies have really done anything worthy of anticipation, with the exception of the 6" Star Wars line. I find that the most ground breaking announcements are coming from Funko and Zica! But you never really know.

#30 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:22 AM

I find that the most exciting announcements are coming from LEGO... A sign of the times I think as traditional play is abandoned for interactive toys, video games or Lego.

The black series was a big announcement but it's a line very much geared towards adult collectors. I think it's a change I'd not really noticed but when you think about it, Hasbro haven't really been giving kids much in the way of must have product since their Big Millennium Falcon and AT-AT

I'd like for their to be some Star Trek Kreo on show at TF but I'm not holding my breath.

#31 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:25 AM

Hopefully it'll be cancelled and some REAL cool stuff will come out instead,LOL!

J-R!

#32 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

Yes Lego is really making some awesome announcements too. I was trying to collect The Bridge Directs, The Hobbit line, but I get the feeling they are going to do with The Hobbit what DST and Playmates have done with Star Trek. Tease us with all kinds of cool product we would gladly buy and fail to deliver. Lego has had some outstanding releases for Star Wars (Jabba's Palace and Rancor Pit) The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings( I'm blown away with everything released to date and cannot wait to see what they do for a Smaug and Erebor set) Yes Lego has certainly run away with my imagination in the last few years!

#33 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:23 AM

I'm actually looking forward to the Simpsons Lego that's coming out soon,lol!

J-R!

#34 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:05 PM

Lego are like Apple of the toy world... Anything they release is instantly awesome, totally going to buy that Simpsons house!!

#35 Bryan

Bryan

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:20 AM

I heard about wave 2 of the figures but nada at retail.

Only new thing I've seen is the Enterprise/Klingon set. Too bad it's a different set of figures than the regular Enterprise ship.

#36 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:19 AM

Well Hasbro UK are useless, they don't seem to know anything about any of their product and take days to reply and they wonder why they're loosing out to companies like LEGO when the staff don't even know what stores stock the Star Trek KRE-O sets (if any at all). 

4 years ago I wished so hard for Hasbro to have the license, now I'm hoping LEGO get it, produce a video game, sets and gifts and DST get a license to do ships, figures and role play. Also someone like the guys who make Skylanders putting their talents to a Disney Infinity type game using Star Trek's Prime, Alternate and Online universes. 

#37 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

Totally agree with ya on that one! I never liked what they did,as most of you well know,so here's hoping the license goes to someone else. I would LOVE if DST got to do new movie stuff as well!

J-R!

#38 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:47 AM

I agree. Hasbro needs new management or something. In recent years they have succeeded in almost destroying any demand for Star Wars, Marvel, etc. They have ceased Q&A's with the fan base and made really questionable decisions on pack out ratios for figures. Instead of following a logical course with the Big Vehicles and giving fans either a Big Death Star or Sail Barge, they did the Droid Carrier from the Phantom Menace and Helicarrier from the Avengers which should have been a sure miss was garbage. There they successfully killed off any chances for future big vehicles. Where I and many other fans used to spend between $500-$1000 on Hasbro product annually, I maybe spend about $200. Not because I don't want more. My money just goes to Lego, NECA and companies that make fun product!

#39 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:07 PM

In terms of Star Trek, its up to CBS. If they want to sell Hasbro action figures, LEGO or Skylanders toys to kids, they've got to sell Star Trek to the kids. Right now they're not doing that. Now either thats because the suits feel that Star Trek isn't something they feel kids would really get into or it's just not happened, in which case I'm pretty sure there have been meetings to discuss where they'd like to take the franchise next. Star Trek Into Darkness may not have hit the studio expectations but certainly did well enough for them to be happy about the prospects Star Trek has but I'm pretty sure that unless someone comes along and does a TV series or animated series that's family orientated, that Star Trek will be more a smaller geekier James Bond than Star Wars as a business.

Hasbro definitely do have problems and will need to change with the times one way or the other. Disney acquiring Hasbro, which has been mentioned is perhaps one way for them to move on.

#40 trekhunter1701

trekhunter1701

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:29 PM

So lets say that Hasbro manufactured Series 2 in the same quantity as Series 1........where are they at?? Besides in the Philippines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users