• Please log in to reply
3700 replies to this topic

#1681 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:32 AM

So I know the Equindx had issues, but what was wrong with Voyager and Defiant?

#1682 Darth Duranium

Darth Duranium

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:43 AM

Haha, all good man, really appreciate you and the guys over at Rebelscum in terms of pictures and news etc. Didn't know you were a member here until the other day, cool. :)

Regarding DeSalle, that reddit post basically nails it as far as I'm aware. The person could be extremely rude (without any provocation, trust me there), but I do hope that 'they' seek help, as the talent on display was unquestionable.

And about the corrected ships, I'd like to get a Defiant, but I'd need to see proof that ordering one from their website would mean getting it. I'm sure it would judging by how quickly they sell out, but that's something I'd consider doing towards the end of this year, just to be safe.

My collecting these ships will come to an end soon in terms of every single one, and then I'll be ordering directly from them for the occasional few (Raven and Shuttles for example).

Yep, a late joiner but I pop by here regularly. And you guys' efforts here are appreciated too! Loads of juicy info on a bunch of topics.  :) Strangely, not a lotta love for Attack Wing here but we banter about that at RS, too.

Sorry to hear that you're playing the Valeris card and leaving the full collection. Running out of space?

So I know the Equindx had issues, but what was wrong with Voyager and Defiant?

From reports and pics on FB, they thinned the paint on the top hull of V'ger so the detail comes through better. Defiant's now got the pennant pointed correctly on the port engine. Marauder's missing those silly burn marks/battle damage. The J'H bug seems to be more purple. Think there's more but that's all I could think of off-hand. Pics at this JP blog:

https://translate.go...g/12712943.html

#1683 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 01:09 PM

Come on, guys.  10-20 years from now, when Star Trek merchandise is at an(other) all-time low, you will be thinking "that Borg Cube from Eaglemoss really sucked...but I wish I had it."  WE ALL KNOW THIS TO BE TRUE.  I mean, we would buy an officially licensed Borg Cube made from cardboard.  And rave about it.  Even the people with the Japanese one will be like, "I wish I also had the US version."

#1684 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 01:38 PM

Come on, guys.  10-20 years from now, when Star Trek merchandise is at an(other) all-time low, you will be thinking "that Borg Cube from Eaglemoss really sucked...but I wish I had it."  WE ALL KNOW THIS TO BE TRUE.  I mean, we would buy an officially licensed Borg Cube made from cardboard.  And rave about it.  Even the people with the Japanese one will be like, "I wish I also had the US version."

Going completely off topic here: In 10-20 years I'd expect 3d printers will be commonplace, and significantly more advanced then they are today. We wouldn't necessarily have to buy the physical merchandise, we would just pay to download their "plans." I don't see acquiring these types of collectibles would be even remotely as frustrating as it is now.

Of course I'm sure people would still want the stuff from today, but not because they couldn't get a future current day version. 

#1685 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:09 PM

LOL. Well I love the Borg and I was really looking forwarding to getting the Borg cube when I took out my subscription but it really is terrible. Just a big piece of plastic tat. No amount of time would make me look back on it fondly, next to my other models it looks terrible. I have seen some people paint the cube and make it look much better but I don't have any skill painting which is why I buy these ready made models.

#1686 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:59 PM

My brother who has a 3D printer and said the same thing. He was like...I could 3D print a better borg cube

#1687 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:12 AM

Oh, in the era where we can print our own toys, the toys from the era where you couldn't will still be sought after and valuable.  Probably moreso.  Anyway, I could 3D print better toys than a lot of Star Trek merchandise over the years.  A lot of it is even just plain stupid.  The "marshmelon" dispenser, anyone?  And people still want them.  A licensed Trek item, is a licensed Trek item, no matter how crappy it looks!

#1688 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 09 July 2015 - 12:07 PM

Quick report on the Enterprise: Out of the two I bought today (picked an extra one up for a friend), one is perfect, and one was missing its starboard bussard collector - completely missing, not even in the box. Shame because like mine, the nacelles and saucer were about 95% perfect, structurally speaking.

Pictures of mine tonight. Really happy with it. :)

#1689 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 08:28 AM

Decent interview with Ben here:

http://trekclivos79....0-with-ben.html

Big thing to take away is that the Enterprise-A will be in the early 70s.

#1690 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:11 AM

I just got shipment notice for the Negh'var and Armored Voyager, which is weird since I just got billed for it on Tuesday.

#1691 trekkier

trekkier

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:32 AM

Same here, and i just got my malon and my ent c last week!

#1692 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:39 AM

Same here, and i just got my malon and my ent c last week!

Same, this is the fastest they've shipped something out to me. 

I should be billed again in a couple days for the D4, wonder if it will ship out just as fast. 

#1693 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:32 PM

I posted this in the SDCC thread, but figured it belonged here too.

Courtesy of DJC:

BaNnwQA.jpg

J8E1UW2.jpg

Bj3hIud.jpg

K7Biqvo.jpg

God she is gorgeous.

#1694 Darth Duranium

Darth Duranium

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:02 PM

Wow!!!! Just stunning, looks like the QMx!

Cheers for the post Alteran and many thanks to DJC for shooting those pics. :)

#1695 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:12 PM

As much as I hate the JJ stuff, I have to admit the Kelvin is a gorgeous design.

#1696 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:51 PM

For a minute there I was...is that the Eaglemoss version.

#1697 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 03:03 PM

For a minute there I was...is that the Eaglemoss version.

It is indeed, easily their best looking special. 

#1698 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 03:29 PM

Wow the Kelvin looks far better than I could have dreamed, stunning

#1699 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 07:18 PM

More from DJC:

nTCZObO.jpg

hM0joHQ.jpg

BDGsTPl.jpg

YSNH4PD.jpg

osjvFjk.jpg

#1700 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:54 AM

Well Im definetly picking that Kelvin up.  i wonder if the Enterprise-J will be a special.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users