Excelsior starship in fall of 09?

• Please log in to reply
486 replies to this topic

#401 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:01 PM

My U.S.S. Excelsior has arrived from Entertainment Earth!! Very well done, DST! You've hit another one out of the park with this one!

2q0pvko.jpg

#402 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:24 PM

For more photos please follow the link.

https://www.facebook...152223296813152

#403 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:29 PM

Congratulations, Commodore!

I think we may need to crowd-fund you a new camera, though!

My own Excelsior finally arrived the other day. She's a beautiful model of a beautiful ship, there was only one minor assembly oversight that I was able to correct by carving a little excess plastic off and snapping an incorrectly mated part into place.

She refused to work, out of the box. I ended up swapping battery "sleds" with the Enterprise-B, and now both are working, though the Excelsior's bridge-button is a lot more finicky and particular about how it likes to be pressed than the Enterprise's. A minor complaint.

Here's a link to an album of pictures of it.

And some samples:

igMTeWw.jpg

kXXFsk7.jpg

bPmApQy.jpg

Loads more where they came from in the album link.

#404 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:53 PM

Thanks. It's an old cell phone camera but it get's the job done. lol

#405 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:17 PM

33m3exw.jpg

Star Trek Battle Damaged USS Excelsior SDCC Exclusive Electronic Starship A Diamond Select Toys Release! All hands brace for impact! The U.S. S. Excelsior has engaged the enemy, and it shows in this new battle-damaged edition of the original Excelsior-class starship! With new paint applications showing damage from the Battle of Khitomer, this limited edition of 100 ships will only be available at Comic-Con! Push a button to light up the bridge, deflector dish, impulse engines and warp nacelles, and trigger dialogue by George Takei as Captain Hikaru Sulu! Limited to 100 pieces. Packaged in a window box with try-me feature. Designed and sculpted by Art Asylum! (Only available at Booth 2607, $70.00)

http://diamondselect...s-for-sdcc-2014

#406 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:53 PM

Well how about that? That would be cool to get.

#407 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

Limited to 100...ugh are you kidding me? That is worse than the cloaked BOP

#408 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:49 PM

Limited to 100...ugh are you kidding me? That is worse than the cloaked BOP

Isn't it the same as the cloaked BoP? And it's probably going to have the exact same sounds, just some battle damage paint. I'm more excited for the burning Godzilla.

#409 tuvok47

tuvok47

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:55 PM

The BOP was limited to 200.

#410 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:55 AM

Seriously?! WOW,even easier this year for that ONE scalpe.....person.....who bought all 200 last year! Bet it's not limited to selling 25 a day,lol! But then again they might do a Hallmark and have 100 for NYCC as well,lol! Hallmark don't have Comic Con exclusives anymore,they have con exclusives,so they can sell them at both Comic Con and NYCC. Same amount all days at both cons. Yeah,they limit it to a certain amount EACH DAY as well! Gives everyone a chance,not just one bloody scalper. I F'****G hate scalpers,in case that didn't come across properly,lol!

I'm more excited about the Hot Toys Back to the Future stuff anyways,which is NOT a bloody exclusive! But good luck to anyone trying to beat the scalpers at their own game. Still going by the DST booth of course,say hi to Zach,have a quick word with Chuck,and see if they have any of the stuff I'm looking for.

J-R!

#411 DSTZach

DSTZach

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:54 PM

That edition size may be a mistake, I'll have to double-check.

But yeah, it's the same dialogue. Just battle-damaged paint.

#412 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:10 AM

I REALLY Hoe that is a Typo, I mean 100 would be gone to the first 30 people in line for them. Taking into account most people wont just only buy 1, they will get like 2 or 3 if it is THAT limited. I had a friend at the booth in line at bright and early on Day 1 last year for cloaked BoP and they were already gone. They all sold on Preview Night, which is nearly impossible for your average convention goer to even get tickets for. 

#413 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:11 AM

I am already gonna set aside 150 bucks for this on Ebay, might as well do it now.

#414 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:35 AM

30 people? You mean the ONE scalper that bought them all,right? LOL! DST booth was my first stop soon as con opened,but it was Thursday of course,as I didn't have PN last year,and don't this year either,and that's one reason to not even bother trying to get one.

Zach - hope you'll have some MS and maybe SPM KITT for sale at the booth,and some regular ST ships and ST select,just in case I get back into Trek by the time I get to the con,lol! Will any of the MS exclusives be for sale? Wasn't the Disney exclusive ASM for sale back in '12? Thought I saw it there,but maybe it was just for display.

But there's plenty of other fun things at the con so it'll be the usual mad fun! lol

J-R!

#415 tuvok47

tuvok47

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:36 AM

I'll roll a regular release Excelsior in the dirt for $100.

#416 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:02 AM

LOL! Yeah,that'd work too. Get a regular one cheap,skip the 70 bucks for this exclusive,and roll it in the dirt a little. I could just take it to work and get the kids to do a paint job on it,they'd LOVE that,lol! They're always asking me if I've gotten any new spaceships lately,or new toys,and they think my Hallmark new movie Enterprise is REAL,'cos I told'em that there's a button I press and it becomes HUGE and I can travel in it,lol! When they ask me to push the button while at work I tell'em I can't 'cos it would destroy the building. They also believe I'm bff's with Spidey and that's who I visit every time I go to New York,lol! Kids are just great. Then they grow up.

J-R!

#417 data_2006

data_2006

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:09 AM

again.... really should stop collecting DST if all they are doing is extreemly limited ships which are next to impossible to get for the regular collector....

#418 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:21 AM

Why stop collecting? Exclusives aren't ALL they're doing,lol! And since I'm nowhere near being a completist,I don't care how limited or exclusive something is. It bugs me,sure,but that's more how they,and other companies,do the whole thing. SOME companies have it worked out how to make it fair to everyone though. But I won't stop collecting just because they have an exclusive I don't want. They have PLENTY of other stuff,easily available,that I DO want. Sometimes. lol!

And nothing is impossible. You just have to put your mind to it. You can achieve anything you want,if you really want it.

J-R!

#419 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:06 AM

Well Data is a completionist collector like myself. He has pretty much everything. including box variants and such. If he were to stop collecting that would be a huge deal thats for sure. But yeah I mean 100 is going to be nearly impossible to get one at the con thats for sure.

#420 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:06 AM

Well Data is a completionist collector like myself. He has pretty much everything. including box variants and such. If he were to stop collecting that would be a huge deal thats for sure. But yeah I mean 100 is going to be nearly impossible to get one at the con thats for sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users