• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:36 PM

Since the Trek Tek line and the Starship Legends line seem to be the only viable lines now, how about a wish list thread for them. At least this thread might actual produce something in reality.

Boomerang phaser with working power meter. There can be three variants produced from this, so DST can get a lot of extra mileage out of this mold.

Variant one: Standard DS9/Voyager model. This will have an all green power meter, off-white setting buttons, silver trigger, and no cosmetic accents.

Variant two: First Contact Picard's phaser. This will have a power meter with the top line being green and the bottom line being red. It will have a red trigger with silver paint accents on the emitter.

Variant three: DS9 "Hard Time" phaser. This will have a power meter that has the bottom line being green and the top line being red. It will also have the black squares on the two trapezoidal panels in front of the power meter and the two red bars on the vertical panel in front of the power setting buttons.

Mark IX science tricorder. The props had over 90 LEDs. I'm hoping if DST makes this, they will have just as many LEDs in their version. Automatic activation upon opening a must. They did it with the TOS comm, so no reason they cant' do it here. Would gladly pay more than the standard Trek Tek price point to have full electronics in these. There can be two models so there can be an exclusive version.

Variant one: DS9/First Contact version with the red scanning bar.

Variant two: Voyager version with the yellow scanning bar.

Star Trek 3 phaser. There is the regular version and the prototype version. Would be nice to see both.

Star Trek 5 assault phaser. Just a cool phaser and would love to get a couple of cases of them for around $50 per phaser. Would make an awesome weapons locker display.

Star Trek 5 tricorder. Change the scanning head face and you can have a Star Trek 3 variant. The rest of the molds would be the same.

Star Trek 5 communicator. Again, change the faceplate and you have a Star Trek 3 variant. The rest of the body is the same.

Then "the would be happy with the above list but would also love to see" list:

Cricket phaser. Recently people have been able to make cricket electronics with a working power meter as well as firing effects with full lights and sounds. That's something no one was able to get in a single electronics package for the cricket phaser before the past few months. Now that it is possible, no reason why DST can't do it too. There is the TNG S1/S2 all silver version as well as the multi-color TNG S5/Voyager version.

Dolphin phaser. Opening cowl would be nice, but not necessary. Would love to see the Nemesis version as well as the Voyager "Endgame" variant (just a paint variant to make use of the Nemesis molds).

"Cage" laser. Must have a WNMHGB version as well. Has to have the extending barrel!

#2 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:10 AM

I really like your first two choices Knightone; the variants also make a convincing argument DST should look at. I do think that 90 LEDs in a Tricorder may be a bit much, but there should be a way to reduce the number of LEDs and still create a convincing replica. I'd welcome 24th Century Trek Tek, especially phasers at this point; if DST hasn't run out of variants from TOS yet, they probably will soon, and I'm starting to feel like it's time to try something new. The TMP/TWOK stuff was fun, but let's give the 24th Century it's due. Since you started with Tek, I'll start with Tek. It should go without saying, but where possible, variants are implied. Tek is kind of "in order," while ships are definitely "in order;" currently planned releases are excluded from the list.

Trek Tek:
- Boomerang Phaser
- Mark IX Science Tricorder
- Mark IX (?) Medical Tricoder
- Cobrahead Phaser
- "First Contact" Phaser Rifle -- I'd be willing to pay $50.00+ for one of these
- Dolphin Phaser

Ships:
- U.S.S. Voyager NCC-74656
- U.S.S. Defiant NX-74205 (U.S.S. Valiant and U.S.S. Sou Paolo variants should be easy here,)
- U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-C

As far as the ships go, if DST followed the above suggestions, once the Enterprise-C was released, I'd like to see them do several more alien ships and simple variants where possible. The variants could be used to fund the creation of new molds, and we could get ships like the U.S.S. Prometheus, the Equinox and Rhode Island variants from Voyager, the Stargazer from TNG, and the Grissom from ST III among others. When demand justifies it, DST could reissue past ships; the Enterprise-A for example, could use a bit of a "space lift" given its age, and would go well with the Enterprise-B and/or the Enterprise-C. Similarly, the Prometheus could be run with two different registry numbers giving us a "Message in a Bottle" and "Endgame" version respectively, while non-Federation ships would consist of Klingon BoP repaints, Romulan ships, and maybe a nice "Dominion War" line, which could also justify the U.S.S. Prometheus and several variations of molds DST will already have. If said "Dominion War" line were to be done, I also wouldn't mind seeing DST take creative liberties to give us a "U.S.S. Defiant NX-74205-A" variant. Although never seen on screen as such, Ira Steven Behr said that in his mind the Sao Paolo was renamed and renumbered as the U.S.S. Defiant NX-74205-A, and that the ship would have been branded the "Defiant-A" on screen had budget allowed it.

Finally you'll note that I've only listed three ships; that's because DST seems to work on three ships on average at any given time. Right now they're focusing on the Enterprise-B, Excelsior, and Klingon BoP, the latter of which is likely the most time-consuming to design. Similarly, in the above list, Voyager would be the most time consuming, although landing gear and the retractable nacelles could use the same technology that the BoP uses making it a bit easier for DST to handle. The Defiant is a relatively simple release, as is the Enteprise-C, much the way that the Excelsior and Enterprise-B are relatively simple compared to the BoP.

#3 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:33 AM

I think with the ships, at some point you exhaust your options. I would never expect to see a USS Equinox because it doesnt have enough screen time. I think once you get past Voyager, the Defiant, DS9, and maybe the Ent-C (just because of the name) you have to start looking at villian ships and not any more federation ships. Those other vessels I think are more suited to the model market where you can get obscure and less important. My list would go

BoP
EnterpriseB/Excelsior
Defiant
Klingon d7 (maybe a romulan variant)
Voyager (year of hell variant)
Klingon Battle Cruiser
DS9
Romulan Warbird

#4 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:57 AM

Tek:

Phasers

Dolphin Phaser (Nemesis)
STIII Phaser
Box set of TOS Type 1, TNG Cricket, Small Klingon disruptor from TVH (The one Chekov used when he said "I vill have to Stun you")
Assault Phaser (STV)
Cage Laser
Enterprise phase pistol (rel release)

Other Tek
TNG Tricorder (science)
TNG Tricorder (Medical)
Data Pad (with lights and scrolling pages)

Communicator box set.
(TNG, Voy, Bajoran) all with chirping sound

Now on to ships:

Tos Movies

Reliant
Excelsior (still on wish list becuase of the amount of time it is taking to actually get out)

TNG movies

Akira class
Enterprise C

DS9

Defiant
Runabout
Jem Hadar attack ship

Voyager

Voyager (with detachable landing gear)
Voyager (armored)
Voyager (year of hell)
Equinox
Delta Flyer
Prometheus
Dauntless

#5 tazzy2918

tazzy2918

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:37 AM

In addition to the many good suggestions, I would like to see a version of the Romulan Valdore class.

#6 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:18 AM

I just found this website that actually has a valdore class model...pretty pricey but its a beauty!! They also have an Enterprise-J coming soon....I may have to take the plunge on that one!!

Heres the link:
http://www.starship-...n/startrek.html

Heres one of my other favorite model sites:
http://federationmodels.com/

#7 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (Alex @ Aug 6 2010, 03:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
- Mark IX (?) Medical Tricoder

The medical was the Mark X on DS9 and First Contact. It had a blue scanning bar and a medical graphic on the screen. Although from about season 2 to season 6 of Voyager, the Voyager crew used a Mark IX science tricorder with the medical scanner compartment in the back instead of a real Mark X medical. Not sure why, maybe just to set Voyager apart since they also used the yellow scanning bar on their Mark IXs instead of the standard red used on DS9 and the TNG movies. It wasn't until Season 7 of Voyager that the Mark X magically started appearing on board the ship.

Yes, variants extend the use of the molds, which would be more cost effective. That's something DST is always keen to do. If the boomerang and the Mark IX/X tricorder can sell, it would be worth it for DST to pursue.

The boomerang variants only need slight paint variances between the different releases and slightly differing electronics. All relatively easy to do and inexpensive if developed together.

The main bodies of the Mark IX and the Mark X are basically the same. 95% of the molds can probably be used throughout all four variants (Mark IX science DS9/FC version, Mark IX science Voyager version, Mark IX medical, Mark X medical) with the only real differing element, mold-wise, is the medical scanner compartment on the medical versions.

90 LEDs may be a lot, but the effect is impressive and I'd like to be able to get that impressive display right out of the box. If they don't, I would at least want them to make the body as accurate and detailed and high quality as possible. That way, even if they cut corners on the electronics, I can eventually upgrade it with some custom electronics (which someone is bound to create if the quality of the body is high enough).

#8 iams001efni

iams001efni

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:35 PM

Dont forget the Mark XI in nemesis.

#9 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:47 PM

Yes! The Mark XI. Another use for the same basic body. It uses slightly less complicated electronics setup since the screen graphic isn't animated like the Mark IX. So that's a fifth variant use of the molds!

#10 iams001efni

iams001efni

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:52 PM

Well, If you really wanted to squeeze the Mk IX ... molds...

Mk IX DS9 Red
Mk IX Voy Yellow
Mk IX Medical DS9 Red w/ scanner
Mk IX Medical Voy Yellow w/ scanner
Mk X First Contact Medical, Blue back with Yellow and green bars
Mk X Voy Medical 1 Blue back with Yellow and Blue bars
Mk X Voy Medical 2 Blue back with yellow and Purple bars
Mk XI Nem, with Static Display, white lights, and yellow back
Mk XI Nem with Enterprise E display (was a stunt tricorder)
Mk XI Nem Medical ( Another stunt, has the Mk XI graphics with the medical display)

Thats all the ones I can think of, I can show pics and vids if you need proof lol

#11 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:43 AM

K7 Space Station would be cool. Have lights and dialogue clips from the episode. Maybe even a mini 1701 and D7 to put in orbit on plastic clear arms .

#12 Zodou

Zodou

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:22 PM

Tek:

-ST III and V Comm
-ST V assault phaser
-TNG cricket phaser
-Cage/WNMHGB laser

Ships:

-Reliant
-TMP battlecruiser
-TOS Romulan BOP

#13 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (iams001efni @ Aug 6 2010, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, If you really wanted to squeeze the Mk IX ... molds...

Mk IX DS9 Red
Mk IX Voy Yellow
Mk IX Medical DS9 Red w/ scanner
Mk IX Medical Voy Yellow w/ scanner
Mk X First Contact Medical, Blue back with Yellow and green bars
Mk X Voy Medical 1 Blue back with Yellow and Blue bars
Mk X Voy Medical 2 Blue back with yellow and Purple bars
Mk XI Nem, with Static Display, white lights, and yellow back
Mk XI Nem with Enterprise E display (was a stunt tricorder)
Mk XI Nem Medical ( Another stunt, has the Mk XI graphics with the medical display)

Thats all the ones I can think of, I can show pics and vids if you need proof lol

Holy cow! Thats allot! ANd you know what... if they did as good a job on them as they did on TWOK phaser I'd buy them all! DST put a solid effort in on the TOS tric, but it has a few issues... not enough to keep me from buying one of each, but things like the light bleed were annoying, but fixable!

#14 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:31 PM

I know it would be a long shot, but the ship I would most love to see one day is V'Ger from Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Not Voyager 6, but the vessel built to carry it back to Earth. I'd also be very happy with a Romulan Warbird, DS9-The Station, a proper Borg Cube, Reliant and an Abrahms Enterprise and Kelvin!

#15 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ Aug 6 2010, 07:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think with the ships, at some point you exhaust your options. I would never expect to see a USS Equinox because it doesnt have enough screen time. I think once you get past Voyager, the Defiant, DS9, and maybe the Ent-C (just because of the name) you have to start looking at villian ships and not any more federation ships. Those other vessels I think are more suited to the model market where you can get obscure and less important.

I actually picked the USS Equinox simply because it had its own two-part episode, and the mold could be reused for a USS Rhode Island variant. I agree that once you get past Voyager, the Defiant, DS9, and the Enterprise-C, (I consider this a must now that the Enterprise-A has been released,) so-called "villain ships" sort of become your "bread and butter" so to speak, but I disagree that you have to stop looking at any other Federation starships altogether. While I'd rather see several of the "villain ships" that have already been listed here given the DST treatment first, eventually it'll make sense to do a new Federation ship every once in awhile, even if it's not a ship that's as well known as the Enterprise, Defiant, or Voyager. Remember, prior to the Art Asylum Enterprise-A, it was often said that the Enterprise-A was "too obscure" to be produced, but once it was, it sold out rather quickly.

I actually think that the USS Prometheus would be a good ship for DST to create at some point after several villain ships have been released, not because it's one of the most popular Trek ships ever, but because it would make an excellent toy. In fact, if DST decided to do the USS Prometheus with Multi-Vector Assault Mode alongside a Romulan D'deredix class ship, I actually think that you could use one ship to promote the other and vice-versa. The voice clips on the USS Prometheus could include the line with the computer stating "specify who to attack," and the EMH Mk. I and Mk. II shouting "THE ROMULANS!" while the Romulan ship could use vague sound clips (much like the Enterprise-E,) so that it could be used with the Prometheus and with other ships as well. (Of course, if DST wanted to purposely run off multiple variants of the D'deredix class with new sound chips in each run, then it would make sense to make it clear that this particular Romulan ship was intended to attack the Prometheus.) There's usually a small description of each ship on it's box, the Prometheus could mention the Romulan Warbird, and have a picture of the DST toy of said ship, while the Romulan Warbird could mention the Prometheus as one of the many ships that it went up against in battle, and have a picture of the DST toy of that ship as well on it's packaging. Again, that's just my $0.02 cents on the ships.

As far as the Mk. IX Science Tricorder, the Mk. X Medical Tricorder, and the Mk. IX Tricorders go, it definitely sounds like it should be on DST's "to do" list right along with the "boomerang" phaser. DST would get plenty of life, and plenty of money out of the Mk. IX Tricorder mold with all of the variants that are possible, much like they did with all of the Phaser Variants. Since they're unable to do 24th Century Communicators, (Comm-badges are considered Cosplay items, not toys according to Chuck,) that means that DST could focus on Phasers and Tricorders from the 24th Century shows.

Finally, I think I can explain the "Mk. IX Medical Tricorder" on Voyager and the random "Mk. X Medical Tricorder" showing up in the 7th season. When Voyager was initially lost in the Delta Quadrant, the Mk. X Medical Tricorder didn't exist yet. We know that Voyager replicated shuttles and other equipment as needed. Likewise, we know that the Voyager crew designed a shuttle that was intended to be more suited to the delta quadrant than the Class II shuttles that they initially set out with--the end result was the Delta Flyer. Thus, it makes sense that if Voyager had Mk. IX Science Tricorders, and the Mk. X didn't exist yet, they'd simply create their own medical tricorder, in this case, the Mk. IX medical tricorder--it seems like it'd be a lot easier than, say, coming up with a shuttle like the Delta Flyer. Likewise, by the 7th season, Voyager had made contact with the Alpha Quadrant, first via the USS Prometheus, and then via the Pathfinder project. Thus, it makes sense that at some point, someone sent Voyager the schematics for the Mk. X Medical Tricorder and they began to replicate them and slowly phase out their customized Mk. IX medical tricorder, that was likely exclusive to that particular ship simply as a result of their situation. Again, it's just a theory, but I think it makes some sense. smile.gif

#16 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:15 PM

In the fourth season of DS9, where the Mark IX tricorder was first seen, they also used a Mark IX medical. I believe it was either late in the fourth season or in the beginning of the fifth season that the Mark X was introduced on DS9. It was probably time and/or budget constraints that prevented the Mark X from showing up sooner. It was probably faster and/or cheaper to wire up a bunch of Mark IX's and slap a medical scanner holder in the back if they needed a medical tric. Later, when there was more time and/or money, they took the time to label and wire-up the separate Mark X's to set it apart from the science trics.

So the Mark IX was, at one time, official Starfleet issue. Later, Starfleet R&D probably came up with a more specialized tricorder with more sensitive, medical specific sensor systems and issued it as the Mark X.

#17 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:22 PM

Has any company made a TNG medical case? I'm sure I saw a classic version at some point.

#18 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:05 PM

I don't think there has been one mass produced. I've seen one-off reproductions before.

#19 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:28 AM

Ship-wise, the Defiant. Anything after that is a really nice bonus.

Prop-wise, anything from TNG onwards.

#20 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:15 AM

Not really a big Tech fan but as for ships biggrin.gif:

In order:

Top 10:
USS Enterprise C (TNG 25th Anniversary ltd. edition)
USS Defiant
USS Voyager
USS Reliant (Varient: USS Saratoga)
Romulan Warbird (TNG)
Romulan Bird of Prey (TOS)
Klingon D7 Battleship (Varient Romulan Battleship)
USS Enterprise A (re-release W/ new sound FX and paint apps)
Borg Cube (W/Mini Sphere)
Enterprise - NX-01 (re-release W/ new sound FX and paint apps)

Bubbling under:
Deep Space Nine Space Station
USS Grissom
USS Faragut
Cardassian Galore Warship
USS Pasture
Klingon Vorcha' Attack Cruiser
The Schimitar
Nemesis Romulan Warbird
Shuttlecraft Galileo (Built in mind for a possible 3 3/4 scale figure series)
Shuttlecraft Goddard (Built in mind for a possible 3 3/4 scale figure series)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users