• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#61 Javabean

Javabean

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 05:28 PM

Guess you didn't see Zach's comment to one of my posts in the ST Select thread,lol!

J-R!

This Sept so he said,thank

#62 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 11:18 PM

No,not what he said. Comic-Con is in July.

J-R!

#63 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 01:08 AM

My guess is that at SDCC this year DST will show off the prototype for the Reliant, TNG phaser, the Khan Select, possibly the Romulan Bird of Prey as a finished product and their next Select figure in some kind of prototype/artwork format. I think being the 50th DST may decide SDCC to be a better place to show more Star Trek off than they did at Toy Fair. Which makes sense. By SDCC also, we may know who has the toy licence for the new Star Trek TV series!

#64 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 09:40 AM

A finished BOP seems like a certainly at this point.

#65 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 12 May 2016 - 12:23 PM

No,not what he said. Comic-Con is in July.

J-R!

What's so hard about highlighting a bit of text, copying it and posting it here for all to see?! :rolleyes:

#66 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 03:30 PM

Hmm, strange that I didn't weigh in on the aztec debate. I'm going to disagree with my distinguished colleagues and opt for Team Bumpy Saucers - I love the way it looks on the TWOKerprise and the A.

EDIT: That said, they've been out-doing themselves lately with the paintwork, and if they could pull off a well-balanced matte/gloss aztec, that would be even better.

EDIT AGAIN: I mean, look at how cool this looks:

2146_st_vi_undiscovered_ent_a_ship_glow.

#67 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:06 PM

What JK,you don't read all the threads?! Come,come.....explore a little,be ADVENTUROUS!! LOL!

Yeah,hoping for some info at Comic-Con,but they might actually save it for the Trek con in New York in September,or even NYCC in October. As long as Paramount has a booth at Comic-Con to hype up the movie that opens the same weekend,it's all good,lol!

J-R!

#68 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:28 AM

I'd imagine that the Defiant and Voyager are the two ships on top of their list to be made. The Borg Cube, Enterprise C and the Klingon D7 ship from TOS are I'd imagine also on DSTs list as well.

1701D, I would agree wholeheartedly with this assessment based on statements that Zach and Chuck have made here and in AskDST in the past. That's pretty much Chuck's "wish list" in no particular order anyway, so at this point it seems like a matter of which one of those will come first after the Defiant rather than whether or not we'll get them at all. Personally, a Saratoga variant of the Reliant would satisfy my DS9 craving for a bit, so my top two picks would be Voyager and the Enterprise–C, with both ships effectively being deadlocked as far as my preference goes. I expect Voyager to have some really cool bells and whistles, but I also expect to be paying a premium for said bells and whistles, just as I did for an Enterprise–D with saucer separation. I also expect Voyager to be variant–heavy, which is also fine with me as I love that ship's design, and would happily purchase variants that we've discussed on here previously. As for the Enterprise–C, now that DST has modern versions of every other Prime Universe ship named "Enterprise" except for this one, I feel like I have this "massive hole" in my collection, and I really want to plug it, particularly since I feel like I'm waiting on DST so that I can update my display to have every ship named "Enterprise" lined up in order from the Starfleet NX–Class to the Enterprise–E. (While I'm aware of ENT's "Enterprise–J," I feel that its existance, at least as we saw it in ENT, could be the result of temporal anomolies, and I consider it a can of worms not worth opening.) For now though, we've still got the BoP and the Reliant to look forward too, although once the BoP is out, I'd hope that we could start talking about the ship after the Reliant, and possibilities for what it might be.

Oh and speaking of the subject of this thread, the Reliant, I sincerely hope there's something either on or in the packaging that in some way acknowledges the late Thomas Sasser given that this was the last of DST's ships that he had a hand in, and that his work has been on display above my bed in some capacity for over a decade now.

Better have Sisko screaming "We just can't LEAVE HER HERE!" and that garbled "no" as he's hauled out.

Oh, I'd consider that a certainty on a Saratoga variant, and barring the release of a proper Borg Cube, would also expect to hear Patrick Stewart's "We are the Borg, resistence is futile, lower your shields and surrender your ships" speech that was broadcast to every ship at Wolf 359. Open with that and end with The Sisko's "We can't just LEAVE HER HERE" line, followed by the destruction of the Saratoga, and you'd definitely have something really awesome. Bonus points if we get both battle damaged and non–battle damaged paint schemes as a sort of variant of the variant.

Hmm, strange that I didn't weigh in on the aztec debate. I'm going to disagree with my distinguished colleagues and opt for Team Bumpy Saucers - I love the way it looks on the TWOKerprise and the A.

Destructor, I'm also on "Team Bumpy Saucers" for this ship, as I've mentioned before, precisely because of the "bumpy saucers" used onto the TWOK 1701 and the Enterprise–A. If this were a TNG–era ship or something that had a different overall aesthetic to it I'd be all for using paint apps, but given that the Reliant is most likely to be seen next to the TWOK 1701, I feel that the raised Aztek is, to quote a certain half–Vulcan, "logical." Any other Miranda–class ships would obviously have raised Aztek as well, which is something that I'd be fine with given that it fits with DST's take on the "era" that this class of ship originates in.

#69 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:34 AM

It's SDCC time and i'm placing bets on whether or not we see DST's USS Reliant model. 

#70 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:44 AM

I hate being a downer, but two strips says it's a no-show. Toy Ark seem to upload pictures really quickly, and it seems they're done covering Diamond Select already. :/

By the way, the two sites I use/check frequently, are Toy Ark, and Toynewsi. Are there any others that are similar, that would cover the ships and stuff as well as figures?

#71 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:18 PM

I hate being a downer, but two strips says it's a no-show. Toy Ark seem to upload pictures really quickly, and it seems they're done covering Diamond Select already. :/

By the way, the two sites I use/check frequently, are Toy Ark, and Toynewsi. Are there any others that are similar, that would cover the ships and stuff as well as figures?

Those are the two I usually check out, never really been able to find anything better. 

It seems weird they did DST so quick, they don't usually show their stuff for a couple days in. 

#72 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 07:00 PM

To be honest,I didn't see anything Trek at the DST booth. Zach told me there was no Reliant or Borg,and mentioned why. Guess it's just a waiting game again,lol!

J-R!

#73 trekhunter1701

trekhunter1701

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 21 July 2016 - 07:19 PM

It's the same old crap from them. Oh we have things but just can't show them to you. Good job DST once again!!!!!

#74 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 07:42 PM

LOL! Well,that wasn't the excuse this time,but something in that vein,yes.

J-R!

#75 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 07:47 PM

What was it?

#76 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 07:58 PM

Why wouldn't you just day what the excuse was instead of saying they had an excuse?

#77 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:02 PM

I'll leave that to Zach. I don't remember anyways,something about the production or factory run not being ready,or something. That's why I don't just say what the excuse was since I'll probably get it wrong again. So when Zach has time he'll tell you.

J-R!

#78 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 12:44 AM

Robster, do you remember if it was a good or bad reason for that.....or should we wait for Zach??

#79 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 05:41 AM

I'll ask him today. Actually gotta leave right now,lol!

J-R!

#80 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 08:03 PM

Ok,didn't get to talk with Zach today,but did talk with another guy there who was more than willing to help. He said it was because the ST Select Borg and the Reliant weren't finished in time. And I said,well they could've done ONE of each just for display,and that's what he had said as well. So I asked what about NYCC? Will you have one for display then? And he wasn't too sure about that,probably not. And then we just talked non Trek stuff for a bit,like the not happening LiS Select that I would've LOVED to buy! MAYBE they'll do a Jupiter II.

J-R!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users