• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:42 PM

Well, I finally got around to measuring my Pike chair and calculating it with the McMasters blueprints. I seems to be close to 1:10 scale to me.

Here is my Pike chair with its forementioned monitor gone that was referenced in another thread on a base that needs serious spot work:

I am going to repair this and apply my Kirk chair to this soon. My first question possible to Tiberius or Samwise or any other, is what color do you think the chair is?

Thanks

#2 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 09:42 PM

Oh wow, that looks great! biggrin.gif
It's really the first picture of the chair that I have seen that looks good. Granted, it's more of a side view, but it doesn't look too wide to me anymore. Anyway, if you are talking about the color paint AA used, then I'm afraid I can't help you. Sorry, but I haven't even been charged by Rick for any of the chairs or mirror figures yet. sad.gif

#3 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 10:37 PM

I think he is looking for the colour scheme of the actual chair. I dont know if this is entirely accurate, as I have seen it go from an eggshell to white. I call it as an off white at most. Sorry I cant give you the exact one at the moment. If you are trying to match your chair to the conn, dont worry, it was carpeted for the most part...

#4 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:37 PM

This will serve a template for any TOS helm display you might attempt. Just size the helm length up to 6 cm and it is in the scale of the AA TOS figures. Of course the astrogator is seperate:

#5 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 02:44 PM

Nice info, thanks!

I'm curious, did you ever find a good paint color that matches AA's Kirk chair they put out? All of the greys I have found are too dark, while the whites are too white. sad.gif It's one of the main holdups right now.

#6 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE(Samwise Gamgee @ Jan 31 2007, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice info, thanks!

I'm curious, did you ever find a good paint color that matches AA's Kirk chair they put out? All of the greys I have found are too dark, while the whites are too white. sad.gif It's one of the main holdups right now.

Sory, no I havn't it might come down to mixing a little gray and maybe baby blue. It's quite perplexing.

#7 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:19 PM

Hmmm....I've been trying to stay away from mixing due to the fear of not making enough and then having to match it for another batch. By the way, do you know that Kirk's actual chair is a different color than Pike's? Kirk's is more off-white, while Pike's is blue-ish.

#8 thecapn

thecapn

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE(Samwise Gamgee @ Jan 31 2007, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm....I've been trying to stay away from mixing due to the fear of not making enough and then having to match it for another batch. By the way, do you know that Kirk's actual chair is a different color than Pike's? Kirk's is more off-white, while Pike's is blue-ish.

I'm not sure of the color of the paint I used was, but it seemed to match up fairly well to Kirk's chair. I'll check out the color this evening.

BTW, did you guys think of repainting the chair to match instead of the other way around? It may save you some time if you have paint lying around.

#9 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:19 PM

I was thinking of doing a TWOK Bridge custom, since they're releasing these action figures. Don't know where I'd put it, though. sad.gif

#10 DavAnthony

DavAnthony

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:22 PM

I'd love to see a TWOK bridge custom! That is one I think I might attempt, but I need some time to do it and I've never attempted something like that before. It seems to me that the movie era bridges except for the Ent -A, were alot simpler then the t.v. show.

#11 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:42 PM

Not to mention that the Enterprise A bridge kept changing from movie to movie. I was actually a fan of her bridge in TFF. That was my favorite version of it.

#12 thecapn

thecapn

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 02:20 PM

I liked both designs of the A bridge...The one in 5 felt like TOS tech was finally advancing, and the color scheme was gorgeous, all those green and blue control panels! But the one in six felt more like a submarine or battleship, and seemed much more fitting for a ship that was about to be decommissioned...the steel floors were nice. I like both, and they both seem to fit their respective movies.

As a (somewhat experienced) bridge builder, I will say this: A TWOK-era bridge will be hard. Very hard. It's not easy to create curved shapes, and especially the TMP/TWOK bridge had them in abundance. The TOS bridge was all corners - not a curve anywhere, which made it a lot easier.

#13 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 06:33 PM

Finally after all this time a Burke chair!! Its a combination of Sculpey, aluminum foil, wood doel and styrene plastic. I am not too happy with it. This might be my guide as I make a set of two that match in the for Sulu and Chekov.

#14 hemble

hemble

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:military models, Star Trek, custom figures

Posted 04 April 2007 - 05:12 AM

Hi Sybeck

The colour looks like naval sea grey to me, but you might even get away with using light grey as a base colour and the chairs look great to me, look forward to seeing more pics.

Ron

#15 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 02:25 PM

Hey, that's cool! I would love to have one that looks that good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users