• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 QuePaso?

QuePaso?

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:44 PM

Same here.  I've had that bad feeling ever since the RBoP was announced.  No evidence to justify anything, but as someone once said in a famous movie...

" I gotta bad feeling about this.... "

#82 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:57 PM

My thinking is the same.

I don't think DST will be carrying on with Star Trek product at all beyond their Reliant and Borg Drone Select.

If anything I think CBS are looking at Mattel.

#83 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:01 PM

"We're making the Romulan Bird of Prey for the anniversary! But we're not releasing it during the anniversary."

Well to be fair, CBS kind of did the same thing with the new series, (granted it was initially for legal reasons, but at the rate things are going they'd be wiser to use it to promote or tie into TNG's 30th anniversary,) so I'm not sure I can blame DST for doing just about as well as the primary owner of the series as a whole. Sure we got "Beyond," but for a franchise like Trek, a movie and nothing else is a bit underwhelming, even if the movie itself was excellent and arguably the best of the Kelvin Timeline films.

Abysmal show from DST over the 50th.

I'm not sure how much I can fault DST for not releasing a ton of product, especially when as noted above, CBS didn't exactly push a ton of new material themselves. The Reliant was never going to be out the door in time for the 50th anniversary, the TNG Phaser makes more sense this year (TNG turns 30,) and any ship after the Reliant wasn't in the works at the time the Reliant was announced.

I suspect that the Reliant, should we see it, will be the last we'll see of the SS Legends. I'm not trying to be all doom and gloom, but I have a feeling.

I honestly disagree. Thomas Sasser's unfortunate passing left DST without someone designing ships for awhile, I think it's reasonable to believe that they wanted to find someone who could create a work that lived up to the bar he had set for their next ship. As much as I would love for DST to announce new ships today, let's be honest, if they did, tomorrow we'd all whine that they were three years off still, and when the Reliant came out, we'd be complaining about the ships we don't have instead of the one that we do. There's plenty more for DST to cover, and I hope they get to it sooner rather than later, but I realize there's only so much that they can do at once, and that as long as CBS isn't actively pushing Trek, they have little incentive to make a big push of their own right now. They're better off waiting until DSC launches before announcing a bunch of new stuff, as that should at least give them a boost in fan interest as a whole. Let's not say that the sky is falling just yet.

#84 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:06 AM

Do we know who is the replacement sculptor?  It would be cool to know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users