Question about Wesley in Nemesis

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 04 March 2007 - 02:48 PM

Ive been trying to find a clear picture of him in the wedding ceremony but cant. Does anyone know what rank he holds during the ceremony? I smelling a new custom down the road...

#2 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 04 March 2007 - 04:56 PM

Wasn't he in dress uniform in Nemesis? That's a lofty custom. His Wikipedia article states that he is Lt. J.G.

This is the best I can come up with for a screen shot:

IPB Image

If you zoom in enough, it's grainy, but does look to be Lt. J.G.

I also found his deleted scene on Youtube, but it's very grainy.

#3 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 04 March 2007 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Mar 4 2007, 05:56 PM) View Post

I also found his deleted scene on Youtube, but it's very grainy.

Thank you so much for providing the link to Wesley's deleted scene AND a few other deleted scenes. Why they weren't on the DVD I don't know, but thank you thank you thank you!!! biggrin.gif

#4 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 04 March 2007 - 08:39 PM

You are quite welcome. I don't like how they, once again, made him annoying. Why can't they just write a decent one or two lines for him. He seemed far too pimpy in that clip! laugh.gif

#5 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 04 March 2007 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Mar 4 2007, 09:39 PM) View Post

You are quite welcome. I don't like how they, once again, made him annoying. Why can't they just write a decent one or two lines for him. He seemed far too pimpy in that clip! laugh.gif

I would have used the term "awkward" and "desperate"... but I guess "pimpy" works too.

I liked the fact that he was going to serve on the Titan (though if he was in engineering why wasn't his dress uniform be yellow?) and I liked that in another clip it SHOWED that Beverly had left the Enterprise. I know that is what was always planned, but in the movie they made no mention of it so theoretically should could have still be the CMO.
[color=#FF0000]

#6 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 09:00 PM

Hmmm, good question about the uniform color. Maybe he had been command level on his current assignment and since he hadn't reported to the Titan yet, he didn't have a new uniform color. After all, most of the con officers wore red and thats where he sat and trained on the Enterprise.

#7 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:08 PM

Is he a character in the Titan series of books?

#8 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:12 PM

Do we ever see his division color? The only indication of division on the dress whites, I believe is the band on the wrists, but we never get a look at his wrists, at least not that I saw.

#9 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 06:52 AM

If you look close enough, you can see departmental colors around Wesley's collar. And as you can see in this picture, Data and LaForge have the gold:

IPB Image

The captains uniform was the only one that didn't show department colors around the collar ... I think.

#10 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Mar 5 2007, 06:52 AM) View Post

If you look close enough, you can see departmental colors around Wesley's collar. And as you can see in this picture, Data and LaForge have the gold:

IPB Image

The captains uniform was the only one that didn't show department colors around the collar ... I think.

Ah. I see. Cool. I never noticed the division colors on the collar. Thanks for the info. biggrin.gif

#11 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE(thehsbr @ Mar 4 2007, 11:08 PM) View Post

Is he a character in the Titan series of books?

No, At least not in the first two. I am not finished with number 3 yet.

#12 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Mar 5 2007, 01:37 PM) View Post

No, At least not in the first two. I am not finished with number 3 yet.

He's not in #3 either. As far as I know there are no plans to introduce him since it was never mentioned on the released version of Nemesis.

#13 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE(Chalksquared @ Mar 5 2007, 11:01 AM) View Post

Thank you so much for providing the link to Wesley's deleted scene AND a few other deleted scenes. Why they weren't on the DVD I don't know, but thank you thank you thank you!!! biggrin.gif

Yes, cheers heaps for that....never seen any of it before.

They deleted too many of the scenes where people besides Data got time to shine! biggrin.gif

So none of those are in deleted scenes on the DVD release??

This youtube thing is odd with Worf & Beverly!

#14 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:52 PM

I know the Wesley scene is on the DVD. I remember watching it when I first got it.

#15 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:21 PM

It isn't on the original widescreen release DVD. I looked for it when trying to find out Wesley's rank. Maybe on the collector's edition version?

#16 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:25 PM

Yup, on the collector's edition two disc DVD set.

#17 Zapp Brannigan

Zapp Brannigan

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 12:28 AM

His rank is Lieutenant Junior Grade, Command division, which to me opens up a whole can of worms. After seeing that deleted scene on YouTube, I

#18 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:15 AM

How many TNG's have we all watched?

Want to leave Star Fleet? Remove your come badge.
Want your job back? Put the com badge back on.

His path?

Farm boy leaves farm, goes to big city, hates big city, goes back to farm. He never knew until he left that was were he wanted to be.

#19 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE(knightone @ Mar 5 2007, 11:52 PM) View Post

I know the Wesley scene is on the DVD. I remember watching it when I first got it.

I am going to do something I never thought I would do...
disagree with Knightone.

Knight, I have Nemesis on DVD and though they have a deleted scenes section, thet one with Wesley is not on it.

So, that leads me to believe that perhaps we have different DVDs maybe?

#20 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE(Chalksquared @ Mar 6 2007, 11:45 AM) View Post

I am going to do something I never thought I would do...
disagree with Knightone.

Knight, I have Nemesis on DVD and though they have a deleted scenes section, thet one with Wesley is not on it.

So, that leads me to believe that perhaps we have different DVDs maybe?

Look above Chalks ... he has the Collector's Addtition DVD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users