Photo

Rumour: Round 2 readying 1/1000 scale TOS 1701 and D7 pre-painted snap-kits!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:29 PM

Found via a Star Trek modelling group I'm a member of on facebook. Pretty sure the group is locked, so I'll copy the text here. It was posted by Robert Lyons, who covers this stuff for TrekMovie.com - he's also the source of the information I posted on the 1/2500 versions as well. He indicates a new article will be going up soon containing pictures etc, so I'll post the link in here when it's up:

Okay, a few bits and pieces that I'll share more about in my upcoming article:

1) The 1:1000 TOS Enterprise and Klingon Battlecruiser models are going to be released later this year or early next year pre-detailed, similar to the now-shipping 1:2500 Ships of the Line series. All markings, paint, etc. fully applied. You just snap her together and she's done. I will have photos up for you with the article, but I have admit, they look sweet!

2) Preliminary work on the 1:1000 Excelsior revitalization is complete. Project moving to next phase. Hoping for release between December and March. Lots of moving factors will affect this, however...

3) Movement continues on the Galileo project. Some varying options being considered for moving forward.

4) Some interesting possibilities for the future of the Ships of the Line 1:2500 set. Can't say more at the moment, but I think ya'll might be surprised with one of the possibilities if it is released.

5) For those who lament the non-production of the 1:1000 Akira... don't. It's a very complicated story, and you really should be happy it didn't get done.

Fantastic news in my opinion! Also some good news for modellers there as well (Excelsior). I'm looking forward to finding out what went wrong with the Akira model as well.

#2 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:45 PM

This is what I was hoping for, I love that they're going to be releasing the larger kits as pre-painted as well. Hopefully they'll do their entire cadet series so we can get all the Enterprises to scale, alongside them making the larger kits. 

Perhaps my dreams of an Enterprise C aren't so far fetched. Come on 1/1400 scale kit, please be made into one of these. 

EDIT: As bad as it may sound, if Round 2 does start churning out larger Trek ships as prepainted, DST will be far less interesting to me. I don't care about lights and sounds, they're just the only option right now for Trek ships at a larger scale. 

#3 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:20 PM

I cant wait to see what these look like

#4 Kyp Durron

Kyp Durron

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:ST props, models, and Lightsabers OH MY!

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:10 AM

This is what I was hoping for, I love that they're going to be releasing the larger kits as pre-painted as well. Hopefully they'll do their entire cadet series so we can get all the Enterprises to scale, alongside them making the larger kits. 

Perhaps my dreams of an Enterprise C aren't so far fetched. Come on 1/1400 scale kit, please be made into one of these. 

EDIT: As bad as it may sound, if Round 2 does start churning out larger Trek ships as prepainted, DST will be far less interesting to me. I don't care about lights and sounds, they're just the only option right now for Trek ships at a larger scale. 

This is exactly what I've been waiting for, I lost interest in the DST ships when I saw how craptacular the "revamped" 1701-A turned out. Now if they'll just do the refit Enterprise and Enterprise A, I'll be all set! :)

#5 Will Decker

Will Decker

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:19 AM

Found via a Star Trek modelling group I'm a member of on facebook. Pretty sure the group is locked, so I'll copy the text here. It was posted by Robert Lyons, who covers this stuff for TrekMovie.com - he's also the source of the information I posted on the 1/2500 versions as well. He indicates a new article will be going up soon containing pictures etc, so I'll post the link in here when it's up:

Fantastic news in my opinion! Also some good news for modellers there as well (Excelsior). I'm looking forward to finding out what went wrong with the Akira model as well.

I will buy all of those!

#6 mars396

mars396

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:25 AM

I've had an unstarted 1:1000 Enterprise refit/A for years now, that I've been too afraid of the decals to start to bulid.

If I can buy a prepainted refit/A (or both!), than this is a dream come true.

I will buy every last 1:2500th they produce pre-built.  Actually, multiples of some.

#7 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 04:18 PM

It would be cool if they had lights as well.

#8 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 04:25 PM

It would be cool if they had lights as well.

These aren't assembled kits, expecting the people who buy snap kits to be able to install light kits is a bit much.

#9 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 01:54 PM

These aren't assembled kits, expecting the people who buy snap kits to be able to install light kits is a bit much.

Yeah your right when you think about it.

#10 Kyp Durron

Kyp Durron

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 05:55 PM

We need those pics mentioned in that quote. :)

#11 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:56 PM

Hey guys, because it's been a long time now, here are the links to the facebook group (closed membership, requires you to be accepted), and then to Robert Lyons' individual posts in there, concerning these models and Round 2 in general. I post these because there's no sign of the article whatsoever:

https://www.facebook...startrekmodels/

July 6th

trcD4GC.png
https://www.facebook...91654504364049/

July 14th

WkSwPoJ.png
https://www.facebook...3736830822483/

EDIT: Got a reply off him on facebook, he said Part 1 will be submitted to his editor tomorrow (so hopefully will be up at some point then as well). I can't wait to see the pictures. :)

#12 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:52 AM

Preorder Listings:

Enterprise

http://www.bigbadtoy...023&mode=retail

D7

http://www.bigbadtoy...024&mode=retail

I'm for sure getting the Enterprise, but am not 100% sure on the D7.

#13 Will Decker

Will Decker

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:34 PM

I will buy like three D-7s to SURROUND my Enterprise!

#14 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:31 PM

Klingons, do scout in threes

#15 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:13 PM

So tempted.  The only issue for me is the cost.  Thats over a hundred if you want two.  I have no idea if the price is right for the market.  I can just speak on what I can afford.

#16 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:36 PM

If they are nicely detailed and well engineered the 45.00-55.00 price tags will be mostly reasonable.

#17 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:05 AM

Can't imagine any reason I won't be getting the Enterprise (it'd have to be a real mess detail-wise for me to pass on it), and even though I definitely prefer the K't'inga over the D7, that shape is just too irresistible to pass up, especially with it in-scale to the Enterprise.

If I had the money and the space, I'd be right there with Will Decker!

Pre-painted Enterprise's C, D and E would be instant buys should they ever decide to do that. Would they ever go for a 1/1000 Defiant? :rolleyes:

#18 Kyp Durron

Kyp Durron

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:14 AM

Can't imagine any reason I won't be getting the Enterprise (it'd have to be a real mess detail-wise for me to pass on it), and even though I definitely prefer the K't'inga over the D7, that shape is just too irresistible to pass up, especially with it in-scale to the Enterprise.

If I had the money and the space, I'd be right there with Will Decker!

Pre-painted Enterprise's C, D and E would be instant buys should they ever decide to do that. Would they ever go for a 1/1000 Defiant? :rolleyes:

I think you're going to find them doing most if not all of their Star Trek 1/1000 line eventually. I'm going to get the TOS Enterprise, and will snap up the refit version and the "A" if/when it comes out as well. 

#19 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:00 PM

Wonder if they will do the 1/1000 Excelsior in this format?..... There are rumors that it's being retooled for release.

#20 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:26 PM

If they do well enough, there is no reason for them not to do more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users