• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:27 PM

Over the weekend, between Walmart and K-mart putting new merch out before release date, I was able to hold in my hands all of the upcoming Star Wars Micro Machines (K-mart) and some unexpected new toys called Box Busters (Walmart).

I tried to buy all of it, and was rejected both places.

The Micro Machines looked great, I can't wait to pick them up.  The 3-packs were tagged $4.99 each at K-mart.

The Box Busters had no price on the scanner or the shelf.  They're miniature playsets that fold up into cubes, which are apparently used together as some kind of game.  You can see dice in the large Death Star set's blister.  There're also two 2-packs (Naboo/Hoth, Tusken Raider/Yavin), and 6 individual packs (Naboo, Hoth, Tusken, Yavin, Rebels Tie Fighter, and Endor).  I saw these before I knew the Micro Machines existed, and they reminded me of those, so I was very excited.

I haven't seen the Box Busters mentioned anywhere online.  The packaging contained what I think was both French and English so I suspect these were packaged for Canada, maybe not even supposed to be in my Walmart??  I didn't get better pics because I was 100% sure they would sell them to me but I was wrong.

Looking forward to Force Friday, I may take the day off work and go on a hunt.

Click for hi-res:

IMG_20150823_192310.jpg

#2 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:15 PM

I know Toys R us is going to open at 12am Sept 4th to release all the new Force Awakens stuff. I thought about going briefly but then decided to pick through the leftovers during more reasonable hrs. Lol

#3 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:52 AM

If you frequent any SW toy sites,like me,you'd have read about the Box Busters weeks ago. Even if I was in the US on FF,I seriously doubt I'd attend since there's nothing of the Hascrap stuff I actually want,the only thing being maybe the MM playsets,as I used to love those back in the day,and the RC BB-8,whenever it's out. Jakks and Hot Wheels have some items I want though,but no rush to get it. Still looking forward to the movie of course,but this is getting close to TPM hype,and we all know how that ended,lol!

So I'm still searching for something new and fun to collect,so far nothing has spoken to me. And some movies and tv shows I WOULD like stuff from.....there aren't any. Oh well,maybe NYCC in October will have something that JUMPS out at me,lol.

J-R!

#4 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:41 PM

I'm interested in the hot wheels and black series titanium series but that's about it.

#5 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 05:42 PM

I want the titanium series, but can't justify the cost of collecting anymore... We'll see if I have the strength to resist.

#6 Morgan

Morgan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:26 AM

Question: are those micro machines to scale with Galoob's 1990s ones?

#7 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:08 PM

Yes, the Micro Machines are just like the originals.  The Millennium Falcon looked just like the original, but with the new rectangular dish, etc.

I would like the Titaniums too.  I have a complete set of the previous run(s).  But...I fear any new toolings will be hard to get like they were at the end of the last run...and that there will be a lot of needless paint variations on preexisting toolings begging me to buy them or lose my "complete" status.  :/  We'll see.

#8 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:02 PM

My local Walmart had a big display of new hot wheels ships. I was able to purchase the X-Wing, Tie Fighter, and Obi-Wans Jedi Starfighter, but wasn't able to buy the First Order Tie.... There was also a new Falcon with the rectangle dish, I didn't try to get it but I'd imagine I wouldn't be able to buy it either. 

#9 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:36 PM

Ive found that the only sw stuff I seem to be into are the over seas product.  Of course thats why I dont have any because they cost so much more lol.  I may get into the Black series if they pick up there efforts.

#10 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:13 AM

So it begins.... 

Here is my first trip to Walmart at 6am, they had a BUNCH of stuff left. The person there told me there really wasn't much of a crowd at midnight. 

All I bought were the new movie vehicles from the new titanium line. Looking at some of the older ships, like the Y-Wing, it seems like they're using the same sculpts as the old line. The only one that seemed different is the new Falcon, which I did purchase. 

Here be an album. 

http://imgur.com/a/phkcM

The only other thing I PLAN on buying is BB-8, I have him reserved (hopefully) at a bed bath and beyond, but plan on hitting up barnes and noble first since I have a 15% off coupon.

After that I'm headed to the Mall of America to check out the Disney Store, The 7.5 inch Kylo Ren statue intrigues me. 

I want the titanium series, but can't justify the cost of collecting anymore... We'll see if I have the strength to resist.

I did not have the strength past me... boy did I not... 

#11 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:40 AM

I went to TRU and got in line at 11:15 last night. I was the 20th person. By the time it opened there were over 100 people in line. I went to get the new black series figures but when I hit in they were all gone. Looked like they only had about 8 full sets. I did get a free poster and Lego though, lol. As soon as I saw the last figure plucked from the shelf I left and drove yo Walmart around the corner. I got there just at the right time as there were only a small handful of figures left. I managed to get 3 figures. Unfortunately the 6" first order storm troopers were sold out.

#12 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:16 AM

http://m.imgur.com/rAtZkfr

Mission accomplished.

#13 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:19 AM

So how cool is the little droid? Is it as good as the ad makes it out to be? Details,man,DETAILS! LOL! A review perhaps?!

J-R!

#14 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:45 AM

My last haul from the Disney Store.

The Resistance X-Wing and the Die Cast Elite Series Kylo Ren.

http://m.imgur.com/a/ai8J8

So how cool is the little droid? Is it as good as the ad makes it out to be? Details,man,DETAILS! LOL! A review perhaps?!

J-R!

I'm considering doing a video of all my Force Friday goods, with brief reviews of each item. Probably will be up later today.

#15 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:54 AM

BB-8 is amazing. :D

#16 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:03 PM

BB-8 doesn't like being video taped, especially in a confined area with other toys. He tends to immediately ram them at full speed whenever he moves. 

#17 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:26 PM

Alteran, do you have any video game controllers (Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 4)? If so, and you're controlling him with an android phone/tablet, plug the controller into the tablet (you might need a converter), and you should be able to use that with him. The Sphero app has full controller support, and it makes it much easier to use, and way more fun, so I'm assuming the BB-8 does as well. :)

#18 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:46 PM

Recorded a thing, can't get it to save/upload... done trying. 

The titanium series ship are decent, for the most part they're slightly better than the hot wheels ones. The only one I don't like is the landing shuttle thing, I just don't like the design of it. 

In short, BB-8 is awesome, I'm a little disappointed that the sounds he makes don't come from him, but from the app. He takes some getting used to control wise, but I think I've got it down a bit better now. My only grips are the sounds come from the app instead of BB-8 himself, and his head likes to come off if he's going to fast and taps something.

The Disney Store Elite Series Kylo Ren is fantastic. Good articulation and the arms, legs, and body are all die cast, which makes it feel nice and solid. He also comes with a cool base to stand on, and is pretty well detailed.

The Disney Store Resistance X-Wing is also a step up from their older ships, and probably the best new X-Wing currently available. The blasters aren't warped at all like the older OT X-Wings were, and it seemed pretty universal on the other ones in the store.  It includes landing gear, which is nice since it doesn't have a stand. It has some nice paint detailing, and my only issue with it is the lack of a display stand. 

#19 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 04:06 PM

Forgot about the sweet free pin I got from the Disney Store.

http://i.imgur.com/0Nn52gt.jpg

#20 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:43 AM

I really am into the Elite Series.... I bought Cpt Phasma, Rey, Flametrooper, and Kylo Ren.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users