1324 replies to this topic

#1121 DSTZach

DSTZach

I can stop I just don't want to.

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE (ShipNerd @ Mar 13 2013, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was of the opinion on the DST Nemesis Enterpise E that it's AZTECA patterns on the top of the Saucer section were incorrect.

I don't know where people are getting that, as most of the reports I've seen say that it is fairly accurate, aside from possibly needing more contrast on one section.

Also, I have seen another report of a missing block of Aztec on the saucer, in a different section from Alex's. They're isolated incidents, and more likely human error than anything.

#1122 ShipNerd

ShipNerd

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (DSTZach @ Mar 14 2013, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know where people are getting that, as most of the reports I've seen say that it is fairly accurate, aside from possibly needing more contrast on one section.

Also, I have seen another report of a missing block of Aztec on the saucer, in a different section from Alex's. They're isolated incidents, and more likely human error than anything.

Zach,

I had the first version DST came out with on the Enterprise E, and those features were not there. Also being a Ship Geek...I have many artistic renditions of the E, that did not have those features.

That led me to believe the blocks were wrong.

I ended up being wrong when I discovered the Paper Model E has the same features.

I thought I mentioned I was the one in error on my last post, not DST or the company that made the Paper Models that I displayed.

ShipNerd

#1123 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (DSTZach @ Mar 14 2013, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach, thanks for the heads

#1124 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:17 AM

The aztek pattern is perfect on my Enterprise-E. smile.gif

#1125 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:06 AM

As is mine!

Random question guys (I'm sure one of you might know this), what type of glue would I use to stick the plastic this is made out of, together? Reason I ask is because on my old one, the screw is knackered due to the batteries leaking, and as I'm not bothered about it 'working' any more, I'll just stick the battery door to the ship (once I've forced it open to remove said batteries). So aye, any knowledge you have would be most welcome. smile.gif

#1126 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

I am just trying to figure out how crazy obsessive you have to be to even notice that an aztec pattern doesn't match the screen version. I guess I just don't have the eye for it, which is a good thing, cause I don't need anything else to get my blood pressure up.

#1127 Alex

Alex

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (slayerone76 @ Mar 15 2013, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am just trying to figure out how crazy obsessive you have to be to even notice that an aztec pattern doesn't match the screen version. I guess I just don't have the eye for it, which is a good thing, cause I don't need anything else to get my blood pressure up.
Slayerone76, I think Destructor was the first to notice that the pattern was correct, back when he found some decent reference material to compare to the paint master. After that it was just a matter of comparing the finished ship to the paint master to confirm that the pattern is indeed correct. ThomasModels' shot of the original ship next to the paint masters also proved that the Aztec was correct. None of us had the new ship in hand at the time, so it was a way to make the wait go by faster. smile.gif

I have to give DST even more praise than usual for nailing the Enterprise

#1128 ShipNerd

ShipNerd

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:33 AM

This is not the best picture of the REAL DEAL..but it WAS the REAL DEAL Film Model for First Contact, then came CGI.

The three Red Arrows indicate the Azteca blocking I thought did not exist, I was wrong.

Good Job DST!

ShipNerd
(You can debate model kits...but the Pre-CGI filming model? eh..no.)

#1129 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:52 AM

Nothing really to add to this topic, except that I've just now had my pigment markers delivered, and had a little practise on my old Enterprise-E, and wow - the results are instantaneously amazing! Went ahead and ordered a light-blue 0.03 pen (http://images.tcpglo...CH4300-S-10.jpg), just to experiment with it. Hopefully, it'll turn out something like the lit windows in this shot:

Going to experiment on my old version. smile.gif

#1130 ShipNerd

ShipNerd

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (Jay K @ Mar 20 2013, 04:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nothing really to add to this topic, except that I've just now had my pigment markers delivered, and had a little practise on my old Enterprise-E, and wow - the results are instantaneously amazing! Went ahead and ordered a light-blue 0.03 pen (http://images.tcpglo...CH4300-S-10.jpg), just to experiment with it. Hopefully, it'll turn out something like the lit windows in this shot:

Going to experiment on my old version. smile.gif

Good Luck Jay K. I still am awaiting another Nemesis E to arrive. I have never attempted such small work since getting slaughtered in Calculus classes in school!

ShipNerd

#1131 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

Looking forward to seeing your progress Jay K....

#1132 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

Okay so i just got this ship in my hands and I really can't believe how bad some of the complaints on here were over this thing. I am REALLY happy with it. I think it looks amazing, and looking at some of the tinyest things that were being nitpicked....IE the windows not lining up, the aztec pattern being off, and just other stupid things like that its almost like someone was taking a microscope to the ship LOOKING for problems. But...like i said i am really happy with her overall.

On a side note, with a certain person gone from the board I have noticed a DRAMATIC change in mood here and attitude and i gotta say i am glad things are heading back to a positive note.

#1133 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

I was on the bubble about getting the new E-E because I didn't see the need for buying a second one. What changed my mind was the blue LEDs in the warp nacelles. Despite the minor imperfections, the light bleed and gaps, this is one of DST's better efforts. If they can keep the quality up to these levels on future releases they will have many happy fans. The Aztek paint job is spectacular. It really makes the ship "pop" and me taking the time with the fine tipped Gundam pen has made it look even better. I loved my old E when I got it,largely due to the sculpt. The paint looked a bit off to me but I wasn't about to complain about a free starship. I say free because I had bought an item from an ebay seller around that time, and several months later after receiving said item I get a box from him that has a first release bronze handled phaser, and several minimates. I contacted him and asked why he had sent them. He realized he sent them to me by mistake and he gave me a list of Trek items he had available and he told me to choose and item or two and he would send those to me if I sent the package he sent me to the proper destination. I agreed. I sent his items off and chose the Enterprise-E (first edition) and a Lt. Worf by AA/DST.

So yeah I loved my original release even more so because I had gotten it for free. biggrin.gif

#1134 Alex

Alex

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (Commodore Kor'Tar @ Mar 24 2013, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Despite the minor imperfections, the light bleed and gaps, this is one of DST's better efforts. If they can keep the quality up to these levels on future releases they will have many happy fans.
I completely agree with you, Commodore. This is definitely one of DST's better releases, and the minor imperfections are just that, minor. Heck, the more significant ones are even things that fans can usually fix with a little elbow grease. Don't like the application of the legal copy? Mineral spirits can supposedly be used to remove it. Don't like the gaps? Pressing the ship together and/or slightly loosening the screws when needed supposedly fixes them. Don't like the minor light bleed? Paint the inside of your ship. This is a perfectly excellent toy, and while it's possible to tweak it, there's absolutely no reason why one can't display it out of the box as

#1135 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

I personally think the E, B, and BOP.... are the finest of offerings from DST... the AGT is pretty darn good also.

#1136 Alex

Alex

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (Prometheus @ Mar 25 2013, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I personally think the E, B, and BOP.... are the finest of offerings from DST... the AGT is pretty darn good also.
Prometheus, I couldn't agree more. The E, B, and BoP are definitely DST's best work, and while I realize that it was created by Play Along, I'm tempted to lump the missing NX

#1137 ShipNerd

ShipNerd

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (Alex @ Mar 25 2013, 02:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Prometheus, I couldn't agree more. The E, B, and BoP are definitely DST's best work, and while I realize that it was created by Play Along, I'm tempted to lump the missing NX

#1138 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

I also agree, this new version is stunning.

Tiny update (if you can call it that) on my window-colourage. Painted a few windows black in a random order, but I'm going to wait for my light-blue pen to arrive before I go full-steam ahead with it:

The ship from this angle is incredible, I find. smile.gif

Also, got a random present out of the blue from someone, and decided to 'take it for a ride' as it were. AGT version of the Enterprise-E, anyone?

Shakedown 'test.' I personally think this version of the E, is a bit of a 'Lemon.'

And that's me done with the Portal puns. tongue.gif

#1139 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

Looks like a hot potato to me!

But holy crap, every time I see a new photo, I want this ship all the more. HURRY UP, FPI!

That underside shot, near the deflector... the detail... THE DETAIL!!! *eyes bleed*

Also, I think your window colouring idea is really cool! If it works out as well as I expect it will - prepare your cranium for a heist, because I'mma stealin' your idea!

#1140 Alex

Alex

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

My new Enterprise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users