2 replies to this topic

#1 Redshirt#7

Redshirt#7

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:Avoiding landing parties, surviving till the titles roll

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:36 AM

While I realise this is a Trek website, not a B5 site, I know a few people are fans here, and I thought I'd share my work.

In the last year, I re-watched Babylon 5 start to finish, and they were as good as, and in some cases, much better than I remembered. B5 is one of my favourite shows along with Trek, but I'd never really bought any B5 merchandise. Re watching the show rekindled my interest, I knew some Micro Machines existed, but what I didn't know was that some action figures had been made, six inch sized and nine inch sized.

I decided to go for the six inchers, and started collecting them. What killed me was who wasn't made, while they'd done most of the crew and cast, large gaps were present, Sinclair, Morden, Byron, "Kosh Vader", Ta'Lon and Zack were the biggest gaps to me, but others such as Talia, Zathras, and various variants existed in my mind. And others, such as Bester, Lockley, and a Shadow were ultra rare, so I decided, why not make them myself? Here are the results:

20671593443_3cc1e09529_z.jpg

Emperor Cartagia (made using an X-Men Professor X)

21282160482_04c5a4c3ec_z.jpg

Cartagia and the offical Londo figure

21292781315_6e2685f37a_z.jpg

Byron and Lyta (my weakest figure, the closest I could find to Byron, but he's too "big", particularly around the neck. Made from a "Warriors of Virtue" figure)

21104703850_57b9a85bf0_z.jpg

Modified G'Kar (gave him a Star Trek 4.5 inch Playmates Gowron robe to complete G'Kar's season 4/5 look)

20671723693_8d1c32a2fe_z.jpg

Lt Corwin (made using a Spider-Man Norman Osborn figure, hand painted the lines on his shirt, just need to add his link)

21105955489_ac0d58f31f_z.jpg

Corwin with the official Lockley

21105961739_1866d613cd_z.jpg

Zathras (made using an X-Files cave man figure)

21105990819_1f0fd540bd_z.jpg

The One Who Was, Valen (made using a Space suit Picard from the first contact line, with a lord of the rrings robe)

21105018118_c6e7d161c1_z.jpg

Mr Morden (made using a Buffy the Vampire Slayer Angel figure)

21106217819_8582f46672_z.jpg

"What do you want?"

More to come soon, including a group shot with the rest of the official figures

#2 Loggy

Loggy

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:17 PM

Some pretty cool customs here, Redshirt, I was really impressed by the patterns on the Corwin shirt, which were quite outstanding for hand painting. Also, great use of the Willem Dafoe Spiderman figure, I've never seen B5, but from what I can gather he has a pretty good likeness to Corwin. Go Dafoe! After seeing your figures I was inspired to get my hands on a Londo because he has such an awesome outfit, but then I read that they were 6 inchers and the enthusiasm died down a bit. If they were in scale with the smaller Trek Playmates figures, I'd be all over them!

Also, Valen reminded me so much of Mark Margolis as Dr Apgar in the TNG episode Matter of Perspective.

amatterofperspective147.jpg

"Something, something, something, Riker!"

amatterofperspective180.jpg

*BANG*

amatterofperspective181.jpg

"You're a deadman, Apgar, a deh'mahn!"

Beautiful episode.

#3 Redshirt#7

Redshirt#7

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:Avoiding landing parties, surviving till the titles roll

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:50 PM

Thanks Loggy! And great to hear from you my friend. I'm glad you like them, Corwin turned out very much better than I thought. That shirt was a pain, but worth it. It's a strange, textured fabric, so I sat down for a couple of hours watching TV with the end of a pen dipped in paint, scrawling the lines based on some pictures of a screen used shirt on eBay I think. The six inch figure size killed my enthusiasm a bit too, but I got a couple on discount, and coupled with my love for B5, I got hooked!

Hahaha, those Riker shots, brilliant! Always gets me the way Frakes says those lines when I watch it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users