• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#1 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:20 PM

So I suppose its time this bad boy got its own thread for discussions and what not. I've gotten the 3 pictures that we've been able to find in the toy fair thread, and will post them here for us. 

http://imgur.com/a/Qeyvd

(I still haven't figured out how to post pictures directly...)

The biggest question for me is, what is the stand base? It doesn't look like the Romulan Star Empire Logo, and I don't recognize it. 

#2 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:34 PM

I know this is off topic with your post but I saw a episode of TOS where the Romulans had D7 ships.  If they had a a reason for it I didnt hear it.  WIth that being said that was one more variant DST could have done with a D7.  Im not sure why they have not gave us more pics of this ship.  Again what we have here is a failure to communicate.

#3 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:36 PM

I know this is off topic with your post but I saw a episode of TOS where the Romulans had D7 ships.  If they had a a reason for it I didnt hear it.  WIth that being said that was one more variant DST could have done with a D7.  Im not sure why they have not gave us more pics of this ship.  Again what we have here is a failure to communicate.

If I remember right the Klingons traded D7s for cloaking technology.

Pretty sure DSTs logic was that they wanted a TOS ship for the anniversary, and didn't want to do 2 Klingon ships in a row for some reason. All that was left was the TOS BoP. 

#4 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:00 PM

Wait,are you saying there are no other ships from TOS they could've done? I'm pretty sure there are a few other ships in the three seasons we got,lol. I would've liked a Tholian ship myself. But I know you mean something that's instantly recognizable of course.

J-R!

#5 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:05 PM

Wait,are you saying there are no other ships from TOS they could've done? I'm pretty sure there are a few other ships in the three seasons we got,lol. I would've liked a Tholian ship myself. But I know you mean something that's instantly recognizable of course.

J-R!

Pretty sure the backlash against a tholian ship would have been higher then the what we've seen for the BoP. 

And yes, I meant iconic TOS ships. 

#6 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:54 PM

Lets get back to what the OP wanted.  It was my fault for derailing it.

#7 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 21 February 2015 - 02:54 PM

Is it just me, or does the angle of the wings seem a bit off? They look a bit too vertical to my eye, but that could just be me.

#8 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 03:01 PM

Is it just me, or does the angle of the wings seem a bit off? They look a bit too vertical to my eye, but that could just be me.

http://vignette3.wik...&path-prefix=en

http://vignette1.wik...&path-prefix=en

http://vignette3.wik...&path-prefix=en

There's a couple shots from memory alpha, supposedly of the studio model. The angle might be a little to steep, but not to bad. 

http://img2.wikia.no...-aft-dorsal.jpg

http://vignette1.wik...&path-prefix=en

And that is the CG model.

It would really help if we had an actual good picture of the ship from dst...

#9 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:40 PM

Pretty sure there'd be backlash no matter which ship they chose,lol. But to everyone who's happy and excited about this ship,fantastic. And for us who're disappointed....bummer,and better luck next time. If I really liked this ship I would of course get it the moment it hit stores,or online.

J-R!

#10 DSTZach

DSTZach

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:54 PM

The RBoP and NX-01 were completed for Toy Fair, but RBoP is not 100% approved by CBS. We'll show it eventually. Glad there are those who want to see more pics, adn are not simply dismissing it out of hand like others.

I was not fully on board with the RBoP until I saw our protoype. It's pretty nice. I had a model kit when I was a kid, but it was not like this.

If I remember right the Klingons traded D7s for cloaking technology.

Pretty sure DSTs logic was that they wanted a TOS ship for the anniversary, and didn't want to do 2 Klingon ships in a row for some reason. All that was left was the TOS BoP. 

More or less, but you can confirm with DST Chuck in Ask DST.

#11 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:15 AM

I may not be thrilled with the choice of the RBoP, but I am anxious to see some good shots of it to see what it's like.

I have every intention of buying it either way really, looking forward to replacing my playmates version.

#12 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:01 AM

Oh I'd like to see some more pics,sure. I know I dismissed it right off the bat,but it's more like.....I don't really like the ship,even though I do have four or five versions of it floating around in my collection,lol! But hey,you got plenty of other stuff I wanna buy so you'll get my money nonetheless,just not for this ship. Unless my incredibly short attention span says otherwise,LOL!

A TNG era Romulan Warbird though? Now THAT I would buy in a New York minute. A New York minute is really fast and short,right? lol

J-R!

#13 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:02 PM

Hey Zach, I know we can't see pictures yet, but is the paint job on it just a plain white with the painted windows? Or is there gonna be some aztecing like in this picture: http://img2.wikia.no...-aft-dorsal.jpg

#14 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:46 PM

Oh I'd like to see some more pics,sure. I know I dismissed it right off the bat,but it's more like.....I don't really like the ship,even though I do have four or five versions of it floating around in my collection,lol! But hey,you got plenty of other stuff I wanna buy so you'll get my money nonetheless,just not for this ship. Unless my incredibly short attention span says otherwise,LOL!

A TNG era Romulan Warbird though? Now THAT I would buy in a New York minute. A New York minute is really fast and short,right? lol

J-R!

Ditto.

#15 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:47 PM

The RBoP and NX-01 were completed for Toy Fair, but RBoP is not 100% approved by CBS. We'll show it eventually. Glad there are those who want to see more pics, adn are not simply dismissing it out of hand like others.

I was not fully on board with the RBoP until I saw our protoype. It's pretty nice. I had a model kit when I was a kid, but it was not like this.

More or less, but you can confirm with DST Chuck in Ask DST.

Thanks for chiming in.  Is there any more info on the Federation ship?  

#16 trekhunter1701

trekhunter1701

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 23 February 2015 - 05:33 PM

I'm not against the RBOP and will probably get it because of the quality DST will put into to it but the D7 had so many variants that could make the big $$$$$!!

#17 tuvok47

tuvok47

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:14 PM

I'd imagine producing the RBOP does not preclude doing the D7 at some point. Some of ya'll make it sound like it was an either/or.

#18 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:37 PM

Just a thought, but with a few pieces of plastic, different paint with aztecing and different nacelles, could the Enterprise Romulan BoP be a possible variant?

#19 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:56 PM

Just a thought, but with a few pieces of plastic, different paint with aztecing and different nacelles, could the Enterprise Romulan BoP be a possible variant?

I think the sculpts are way to different for that to be feasible.

#20 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:35 PM

I never compared the models, it was just a thought. Maybe a variant could've with the unproduced Romulan Commander? Haha, just being hopeful for us and them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users