Photo

VOY Figures More or Less of a possiblility now?

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

Poll: Possible? (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Possible?

1. More of a Chance (16 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

2. Less of a Chance (8 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

3. About the Same Chance (20 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 DS9_Fan

DS9_Fan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:18 AM

I'm hoping for a FC Locutus. That'd be cool. Perhaps one of the figures for that wave could be a Picard in the grey vest he wore underneath his command red shirt from the final Engineering scene in FC. Would go great with FC Data.

#42 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE (DS9_Fan @ Jan 14 2009, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm hoping for a FC Locutus. That'd be cool. Perhaps one of the figures for that wave could be a Picard in the grey vest he wore underneath his command red shirt from the final Engineering scene in FC. Would go great with FC Data.

Do we really need another Picard? Let's not repeat the 1,001 Kirk variants in the TNG line. wink.gif
I am guessing they won't do a human Picard in a Borg wave, but that's just my thought.

#43 gotham_knight

gotham_knight

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Most things toys and sci-fi

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE (Chalksquared @ Jan 14 2009, 06:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do we really need another Picard? Let's not repeat the 1,001 Kirk variants in the TNG line. wink.gif
I am guessing they won't do a human Picard in a Borg wave, but that's just my thought.

Some of us like Kirk, some of us like Picard....Kirk has just had more love...Picards turn now.

#44 DS9_Fan

DS9_Fan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:46 AM

It was just a thought. Was thinking that Picard with FC Data and the Borg Queens skull infornt of one of the alcoves would make a great display from DC. There is one Picard that I strongly feel still needs making and that is a Regular movie duty uniform. And perhaps a Generations Picard.

#45 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:31 AM

Two packs for Voyager is fine by me. I think we've already listed a few possibly combinations to maxmize interest in each. I would definately have to buy extra because Id like to customize people like The Doctor into multiple forms. I have patience and can wait for what I want! Right now Im pointing to "more of a possibility" than before

#46 spider1981

spider1981

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:56 AM

Heres how I'd split them up if they were in 2-packs.

Capitan + Commander

B'Elanna + Paris since they were a couple

Tuvok+Neelix because of their 'friendship' dynamic on the show

Doctor + Kim. They didn't necessarily have a lot of screen time together, but the previous pairings makes Harry Kim the odd man out, so this way he's paired with the Doc, who's one of the more popular characters guaranteed to sell.

That leaves 7of9, who is already taken care of.

I guess Kes could be a possibility, but at this point, I don't know how great the odds are of even getting the cast above.

In addition to that, and this is definitely dreaming, I'd love to see Species 8472, the Hirogen, Ensign Wildman, Tuvix, and the futuristic Borg drone

#47 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:19 PM

I enjoyed Voyager for the most part when i watched the whole series on video a couple of years back, but i would have to say that it would take a lot of thought on my part before i would buy the figures. I own Playmates Voyager 9 " figures, but i bought them at a discount and mostly to complete my collection. There is so much that DST and Playmates are putting out right now that i would rather have than Voyager figures that i have to say i am not that interested in them right now, if ever. I know its been said many times, especially by DST that the interest is not there in Voyager, and that means the money is not there either. The interest has never really been there for Voyager, even when the show was on the air, except for a very small fanbase. I applaud all of you that are keeping the torch burning for Voyager figures. I also enjoyed DS9 when i watched the whole series as well a couple of years back, and the only DS9 figures i have are the awful T & T figures that AA put out a few years back. I may yet buy more DS9 figures, but right now my focus is on the TOS and TOS movie figures, which are my favorites of all.

#48 spider1981

spider1981

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (VulcanFanatic @ Jan 14 2009, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I enjoyed Voyager for the most part when i watched the whole series on video a couple of years back, but i would have to say that it would take a lot of thought on my part before i would buy the figures. I own Playmates Voyager 9 " figures, but i bought them at a discount and mostly to complete my collection. There is so much that DST and Playmates are putting out right now that i would rather have than Voyager figures that i have to say i am not that interested in them right now, if ever. I know its been said many times, especially by DST that the interest is not there in Voyager, and that means the money is not there either. The interest has never really been there for Voyager, even when the show was on the air, except for a very small fanbase. I applaud all of you that are keeping the torch burning for Voyager figures. I also enjoyed DS9 when i watched the whole series as well a couple of years back, and the only DS9 figures i have are the awful T & T figures that AA put out a few years back. I may yet buy more DS9 figures, but right now my focus is on the TOS and TOS movie figures, which are my favorites of all.

While I agree that TOS is where the money seems to be for companies at the moment (even if its not my cup of tea), I still think Voyager was and remains somewhat underrated in terms of its success and fanbase. I personally know a lot of trek fans, and it seems the hardcore TOS and to a lesser extent TNG fans seem to discount Voyager as having been a flop more so than most fans who enjoy trek on the wider spectrum.
It's been many years now, but I think I recall (And may in the end be incorrect) Voyager being on par with DS9 many times in weekly ratings.
Heck, even a google of Star Trek Voyager returns almost 2.5 million hits versus Star Trek Deep Space Nine which returns about 1.1 million.
Completely anecdotal, but it shows that Voyager does have a presence out there in the universe, and I believe people would buy the figures.
Maybe in the end its just a case of Voyager being the last series in line on DST's current timeline and not having been given the figure treatment yet.
I'm still hoping wink.gif

#49 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:17 PM

Hey I would even accept wonky legs if it meant getting Voyager figures!!

#50 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ Jan 14 2009, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey I would even accept wonky legs if it meant getting Voyager figures!!

You say that now...

#51 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:13 PM

I think they are bad but given the choice I would choose lesser quality than not having the figures at all. I plan on customizing most of the Voyager figs to do the new expanded universe Trek stuff anyway and I really just need the heads to be made.

#52 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (spider1981 @ Jan 14 2009, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heres how I'd split them up if they were in 2-packs.

Capitan + Commander

B'Elanna + Paris since they were a couple

Tuvok+Neelix because of their 'friendship' dynamic on the show

Doctor + Kim. They didn't necessarily have a lot of screen time together, but the previous pairings makes Harry Kim the odd man out, so this way he's paired with the Doc, who's one of the more popular characters guaranteed to sell.

That leaves 7of9, who is already taken care of.

I guess Kes could be a possibility, but at this point, I don't know how great the odds are of even getting the cast above.

In addition to that, and this is definitely dreaming, I'd love to see Species 8472, the Hirogen, Ensign Wildman, Tuvix, and the futuristic Borg drone

Interesting. If I were trying to do it, I would probably try to pair a popular figure with a not-so-popular figure as well as trying to force people to get multiple packs to complete some common pairings... such as:

Janeway (S7 hair)/Chakotay - Janeway can't be argued for her popularity. Chakotay was a waste of a character. I think Beltran's a bit of a whiner who shouldn't have been so vocal to the fans. (Biting the hand that feeds you?) He was, however, essentially correct in most of his statements.

B'Elanna/Tuvok - The most volatile personality with the most reserved. Would force any Torres/Paris shippers to buy 2 2-packs.

Kim/Paris - a nice buddy 2-pack. Customizers looking for a Nick Locarno head would probably lead to more Kims than otherwise would've been sold

EMH/Neelix - EMH is easily one of the most popular figures. Neelix, I don't get the sense would sell very well on his own. Plus, they were the 2 outside observers of the cast.

If they did release everything in 2-packs, I think one thing they should do is make 2 variants -

Janeway (Ponytail)/ Blue Seven
Silver Seven / ECH

An interesting mental exercise. I wonder how others here would pair them....

#53 spider1981

spider1981

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees @ Jan 14 2009, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting. If I were trying to do it, I would probably try to pair a popular figure with a not-so-popular figure as well as trying to force people to get multiple packs to complete some common pairings... such as:

Janeway (S7 hair)/Chakotay - Janeway can't be argued for her popularity. Chakotay was a waste of a character. I think Beltran's a bit of a whiner who shouldn't have been so vocal to the fans. (Biting the hand that feeds you?) He was, however, essentially correct in most of his statements.

B'Elanna/Tuvok - The most volatile personality with the most reserved. Would force any Torres/Paris shippers to buy 2 2-packs.

Kim/Paris - a nice buddy 2-pack. Customizers looking for a Nick Locarno head would probably lead to more Kims than otherwise would've been sold

EMH/Neelix - EMH is easily one of the most popular figures. Neelix, I don't get the sense would sell very well on his own. Plus, they were the 2 outside observers of the cast.

If they did release everything in 2-packs, I think one thing they should do is make 2 variants -

Janeway (Ponytail)/ Blue Seven
Silver Seven / ECH

An interesting mental exercise. I wonder how others here would pair them....

Hmm, yeah, I think your combinations would probably sell better now that I look at them, and I work in marketing. Go figure smile.gif

Last night I tried giving one of the 3.5" glossy cartoon character Janeways from the Playmates days a realistic paint job, but alas she ended up just looking like a cartoon character with a realistic uniform. DST, please don't let us Voyager fans down.

#54 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:20 PM

So now that the Worf /Gowron 2 pack is coming could we possibly see a Chakotay figure? I have no idea on the height of Star Trek actors but if I remember correctly Beltran is pretty tall. Even if it isn't a perfect fit I would rather have that than no VOY figures. The Sisko from the other 2 pack or command chair could be used for a EMH, Kim or Paris. I think Tuvok was a little taller. Thoughts?

#55 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:39 PM

I think all the male characters from Voyager could use the Sisko body.

#56 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:47 PM

I didn't realise Mulgrew & Dawson were soo small!

Definately the Troi body for them.

And Kira Nerys is actually taller than Beverly Crusher! Good lord DST. biggrin.gif

#57 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:22 PM

With only a couple of inches being the difference between the shortest VOY males and Sisko, they could definitely get away with using the S3 Sisko. I'd prefer slightly shorter legs for Kim and Chakotay to add variety, though.

That chart really shows why Janeway and Torres need a new body made rather than using the S3 Jadzia, but they could make pretty much every single female on the Voyager crew with that one body. It's like the only tall women they had on there was Seven and one girl that came back from the dead for an episode.

#58 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (Artistix @ Feb 19 2009, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't realise Mulgrew & Dawson were soo small!

Definately the Troi body for them.

And Kira Nerys is actually taller than Beverly Crusher! Good lord DST. biggrin.gif

Yeah, that really just confirms what we all knew, which is that Kira needed the Dr. Crusher legs.

#59 Scarlet Spider

Scarlet Spider

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:21 PM

It may be the optimist in me but I see the release of the DS9 S3 (S1, S4 ... whatever) uniforms as a good "omen" for getting atleast a few VOY figures. I mean DST said it was too easy not to do these (its in one of the ask DST threads) so the fact that we are getting these is a good sign. I was thinking too that they have two easy Janeway variants to do, if they re-use the AGT Beverly body we can have an Endgame Admiral Janeway, and the reuse of a Nemesis duty uniform female can give us Admiral Janeway from Nemesis... Here's to hoping for some VOY figs!

SS

#60 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:35 AM

They'd need a new torso sculpt to do an Admiral Janeway from Nemesis since the Admiral's jacket is different from a standard duty jacket.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users