• This topic is locked This topic is locked
115 replies to this topic

#1 PhatRam32

PhatRam32

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Anyone think or heard of Hasbro will be making any 4-4.5inch figures for the upcoming new movie? I'm sorry but im not diggin the KREO series.

#2 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

Based on what Playmates did with the last film, I'd be surprised if Hasbro does anything remotely as huge. So far though, i haven't personally seen anything regarding STID figures, models, etc. at all. I wonder if we will be flooded in January or February.

#3 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

Certainly the press release months ago suggested that a select range of action figures and role play items would be coming out as well as Kreo but its hard to tell. I emailed Hasbro UK regarding release dates and they didn't tell me a thing, just to come back in February and March so we'll probably find out more as toy fair approaches

#4 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

NY Toy Fair is really where it will be revealed. I wouldnt expect anything before then and if theres nothing there I wouldnt expect anything at all.

#5 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

Since I have moved to mostly 1.6 scale stuff I am really hoping Hot Toys does at least a couple of figures from the new movie.

I would also be on board for Hasbro doing figures from the new movie in the same size and style of their Star Wars or GI Joe line. I would probably buy everyone and multiples of some.

#6 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

I hope that if they do a line of figures (and I'm of the opinion that if they don't it'll be really stupid on Hasbro's part) that they pepper in figures from the 2009 movie , TOS and TNG as well. TNG to cover the 25th Anniversary. PEZ alone isn't enough!

#7 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

I would like to see some Hasbro figures from Star Trek (2009), TOS and TNG as well as Star Trek Into Darkness but also I'd love to see diorama sets in the 3 3/4 inch scale such as:

Cop Chase:
Features Young Kirk and Police Officer with Electronic sounds Car and Hover Police Bike

Stranded on Delta Vega:
Features Kirk, Polozilla and 'Big Red' monsters as well as Spock Pime and USS Enterprise Escape Pod

Orbital Dive Set:
Large Electronic USS Enterprise shuttle featuring push button orbital dive launch system and Electronic lights and sound Romulan Drilling platform with light up plasma column which doubles as a display stand. Features battle damaged sections that explode off at the push of a button. Includes Pike, Orbital Dive Olsen and Romulan Soldier. (Orbital Dive Kirk and Sulu sold separately)

Enterprise Launch:
The largest set features the USS Enterprise itself. At 3 ft long this giant play set and ship features authentic screen-accurate details, Iowa Construction Yard stand, lights and sounds taken from "Star Trek" and Star Trek Into Darkness. Tap various parts of the ship to hear authentic phrases from Bruce Greenwood, Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Benedict Cumberbach, Zoe Saldana, Anton Yelchen, John Cho, Simon Pegg and Alice Eve, taken from the actual movies. Quick the Enterprise is under attack, fire all phasers at the press of a button and watch as 4 projectiles fire from the 4 phaser turrets hidden on top of the saucer section. The Enterprise has been hit, recreate the battle damage by popping off the hull to reveal lights and sounds damage! Quick, Spock needs rescuing, launch the shuttle crafts from the shuttle bay to complete your rescue! Featuring firing projectiles and mini shuttle craft. Includes Bluetooth digital camera within the view screen for online mode, 3 Mini Shuttle Craft, 4 translucent orange phaser projectiles and 2 translucent blue photon torpedo projectiles! The Greatest space ship ever is yours to own!

And now you can take control of your 3ft Enterprise to a whole new world. Switch the toy to online mode and by using your computer, iPhone or Android phone you can take a detailed tour of the Enterprise by walking the corridors as seen in Star Trek Into Darkness! Turn the view screen on and create your own voyages! Relive epic moments and missions with exclusive video content taken from the 2009 and 2013 hit Star Trek movies, download new action figure stop motion stories set within the Enterprise created by Hasbro and Bad Robot! Meet Keenser as he helps you engage warp drive (Deep Roy) and Engage red alert and activate the lights and sounds on your USS Enterprise! Download the app at Hasbro.com or Hasbro.co.uk and take your seat as the Captain of the USS Enterprise today! (App updated regularly with new content, Toy works as normal without the app also but excludes the extra content)

#8 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

I'll have what he's having! Seriously, I'd buy a three foot long Enterprise even without those features, but that kind of interactivity would really go well with the more cerebral nature of Star Trek!

#9 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

But also Kids are getting so much technology these days that Star Trek toys could really find their niche. Trek is all about the technology when it isn't about the social and ethical issues so what better property to bridge the gap between tech and toy than Trek.

Educational toys too, science toys and Hasbro could really do something unique with Star Trek that includes a lot of interactive features that work with like a Vtech pad or something. No imagination left in the toy industry though thats why it's really feeling the pressure these days.

#10 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

Over at Star Trek.com they have another article dealing with Star Trek toys in 2013, it's almost just the same as the press release, but Kreo and"select figures and role play", seem to be two separate entities. Hurry up and get here Toy Fair 2013!

#11 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

I read that! Very promising, whatever comes I'll be picking it all up

#12 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

I watched the 9 minute clip in front of The Hobbit in IMAX 3D....There were several cheers for the Star Trek trailer. This movie is absolutely screaming for a good action figure/ action toy line! The Spock in the volcano action sequence alone has to be witnessed. This movie looks like it will definately put butts in the seats and they will all be on the very edge of those seats!

#13 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

Maybe they can reuse that Mustafar playset again

#14 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

Hasbro isn't above a little reuse. Lol That Mustafar playset actually wouldn't be a bad foundation for a "Planet Hell" set! That thing has already been Boulder Hill in the old Mask line, Mustafar for Star Wars, and Akator in the Indiana Jones line. Hasbro has certainly gotten some mileage out of that set! Throw in some nice figures of Kirk, Spock, McCoy and a battle damaged shuttle and you got something I'd buy in an instant! Maybe throw in a few slight retools of those Crystal Skull Natives as Alien-Natives too. So much potential for reuse from other Hasbro lines that mold reuse is unnoticeable.

#15 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

Not a clue what that play set looks like but certainly this movie looks more toy friendly with more opportunities for toys so it would be a huge shame if Hasbro didn't do what they do best... Toys! Kreo is all very well but I want Hasbro to go to town doing with Trek what they have done with Wars and even doing cross overs if studios allow it. Also I'd love an Enterprise transformer Optimus prime

#16 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

Here's the playset over the years. I'm not 100 %sure that the MASK Boulder Hill Set is the same, but I've heard from several Star Wars forums that it is a retooled set. Surely something not to far out of the realm of possibility. Enjoy:

http://www.rebelscum...S05mustafar.asp

http://indianajones...._Akator_playset

http://figure-archiv...px?itemID=10808

#17 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:18 AM

It looks nicer as the Indiana Jones set but yeah I could see this as well as a shuttle being quite cool! Maybe add some lights into the set too since it looks like the main play feature would be boulders spewing from a very large lava lake as Spock becomes enveloped within the lava? So maybe having more lava sculpted pieces/translucent pieces with lights and sounds as you launch the large lava boulders towards your Spock in volcano suit action figure? Possibly including some kind of light changing feature when or if Spock deploys the big Ice Cube?

The shuttle could then come with Sulu and Uhura with battle damaged nacelle and winch/zip line for Spock to attach to.

But if your gonna do that you might as well do a large Enterprise vehicle with Kirk and McCoy action figures (not to scale) or an underwater Enterprise toy kids can use in the bath pretending to take off from under the waves?

Then you may want to go and do an Enterprise bridge play set! That could be linked to other Enterprise interior play sets sold separately

The only problem I see with such a volcano set is that unlike Mustafar or the temple, it is just a Volcano in Trek unless they add the nearby alien village to the set which could either be saved by Spock or destroyed

#18 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (1701 @ Dec 13 2012, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But also Kids are getting so much technology these days that Star Trek toys could really find their niche. Trek is all about the technology when it isn't about the social and ethical issues so what better property to bridge the gap between tech and toy than Trek.

Educational toys too, science toys and Hasbro could really do something unique with Star Trek that includes a lot of interactive features that work with like a Vtech pad or something. No imagination left in the toy industry though thats why it's really feeling the pressure these days.

Just reading an article on another site that reminded me of the conversation here. It's time that people step back and give credit where credit is due: Star Trek is shaping our future. What better way to capture the imaginations of our next astronauts, engineers, game developers,etc than to incorporate more technology and interactivity in a toyline. Star Trek is the best option for making it so!

http://www.actionfig...n-On-Their-Turf

#19 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

I don't want to siderail this thread, but the idea of tablets replacing toys all together is a bit farfetched. Nintendo and other game stations didn't kill off toys, so I don't think tablets will be the death nail. However I do think the toy companies would be smart to somehow link aspects of their toylines with some sort of app.

#20 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

if anything will kill off toys its the skyrocketing production costs. Its tough to collect at the prices now and I fear what they will be in 5 years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users