• Please log in to reply
393 replies to this topic

#21 2thGuy

2thGuy

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:12 PM

I'm absolutely thrilled that Hasbro will carry the Star Trek licence for the 2013 movie. They have a great distribution network, which should translate to seeing a lot of ST product in retail settings. However, I'm less than thrilled to see what they are promoting right out of the box. This "Kreon" line is clearly aimed at the younger audience. Seems to me that it might have been wiser to simultaneously announce other products targeting the more "mature" collector. Right now, my interest in Hasbro Star Trek is zero. I'm hoping this changes with their future announcements. I've got money to spend!

#22 Commander Hunter

Commander Hunter

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

Omg... this seriously the best news I have heard in years...... I collect only one thing right now and its marvel universe... and those are awesome.... I cannot wait to see TO SEE WHAT HASBRO has got in store..... whahokooookk

#23 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:06 AM

lots of activity on this topic!

I suspect that DST still has the license to do role play, ships and the 7 inch line of toys, but I view this as a positive, just like I viewed playmates as a positive. I'm not interested in the Kreon stuff... and I may not be interested in anything else Hasbro does, but I want it to be a success, because if people like what Hasbro does, then DST may get more interest from retailers too.

Though I still see old playmates stock in the TRU and Big Lots here ;-( So overall playmates didn't help the franchise, but hopefully Hasbro will do better!

Hasbro is on a role right now. The Star wars stuff is great, and they really stepped up the Marvel Universe line. Also, they have returned with Marvel Legends 6" line and all these look better then they have in years! So Hasbro has shown they can execute!

So hopefully they will execute the Trek License well, and there will be exciting products that not only get me to purchase but others as well!

So yeah I'm with the consensus, this is good news!

Though were gonna need a Hasbro forum to praise, bitch and moan in when they come out ;-)

#24 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:20 AM

I will not buy the new movie stuff, but I would love to have some TOS figures who could interact with the Star Wars/Indy figures. Talk about some serious cross over adventures thirty years in the making!

#25 Commander Hunter

Commander Hunter

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

Now that I have time to digest that Hasbro has the license, I am still excited. It in my hopes that Star Trek will be given the red carpet treatment that it deserves. 3 3/4 OR 1/18th scale would be The Best for the line.

I have been a huge fan of the scale literally my whole life from the early days to Star Wars to GI Joe to modern times with GI Joe to Marvel Universe. Hell I even have a complete set of DC infinite heroes... so Star Trek..... yeah... that would rock.... and Hasbro are the masters of that scale.....

#26 Skot

Skot

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:03 PM

good, then you guys know about
Colour me exited.

i just learned about this...and i'm syked.

I just HOPE and PRAY that this is just the TIP of the iceberg, and that we will ALSO will get MU quality 3.75" figures or even ML quality 6" figs.
Hasbro are the gods of 3.75 with their Star Wars, Marvel Universe, GI Joes and etc, and Playmates just SUCKED at it with their ST and Terminator.

#27 Tomparis

Tomparis

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

Im not sure about the lego type figure things but I do hope they make some decent action figures. I would like to see them do something for kids and then like a collectors edition for older trek fans. Hopefully Hasbro has seen what not to from playmates recent mistake. A real pity too because i love most of my 90's star trek action figures and playmates was given another chance and ruined it.

#28 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

STAR TREK RISK (NOT JJ-VERSE). WANT. NOW.

djparty.gif

//edit: ALSO TITANIUM

#29 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (TrekMovie)
For the first time in their history, the giant toy company Hasbro will be making Star Trek toys. That’s right, the company that does Star Wars and Transformers is headed to the final frontier. The news was announced today in advance of the annual Toy Fair which kicks off on Sunday.

According to Hasbro, their Star Trek line will kick off in 2013, ahead of the Star Trek sequel. However, TrekMovie is told that Hasbro’s license is for more than the next movie as it extends to the entire Star Trek franchise. The Hasbro Star Trek toys will include KRE-O building block sets along with action figures and role play toys and possibly more. We should expect Hasbro to be able to bring Star Trek into many big box stores like Target and Wal-Mart, as well as Toys R Us, much like they do for their other lines.

This news means that Playmates Toys, who did toys for the 2009 Star Trek film, will not be returning for the sequel. Diamond Select Toys still holds a Star Trek license and they will be making some Star Trek news at Toy Fair as well (TrekMovie will be reporting that early next week).

Ok.... holy shizzmitz! I'm excited now!

Source...

#30 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (Destructor!!! @ Feb 11 2012, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok.... holy shizzmitz! I'm excited now!

Source...

I am not buying these brick toys, I am not buying them, I will… Grrr, I can't buy these…
Ok, they win, I will probably buy them I hope they are cheaper then mini-mates though!

#31 Skot

Skot

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:33 AM

QUOTE (Tiberius @ Feb 11 2012, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...I will probably buy them I hope they are cheaper then mini-mates though!

If they sell in the same format as the Transformers Kreo, they won't come alone, they'll come with some ship or something.
I'm hoping for a bridge set and ships and etc.

#32 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

Fantastic news. I dont know the specifics other than what was posted above but Hasbro and DST both do work with the Marvel line so its not breaking any new ground to think that they might have similar agreements here. They might even be in cahoots with one another and use the rumored DST stuff as a guide for a new 1/18 line. I think anything will top what playmates did but at the ame time Im not expecting Star Wars level of investment. Actually Im not even expecting an Indiana Jones level of investment considering how that line went over. I think looking at the Iron Man/ Captain America/Thor movie lines would be a much better indicator of what we will get.

#33 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:56 PM

Toy News International has a correspondent on the show floor at the New York Toy Fair, with some interesting, and possibly slightly disappointing news...

QUOTE (TNI)
So while at the Hasbro showroom today for the New York Toy Fair, I did some digging to see if I could find out what was going on. Would Hasbro be doing a full line of figures and vehicles for Trek fans??? Well I will admit I wasn't able to get the entire picture, and it is still a little confusing to me what we will actually see from Hasbro for Trek in 2013. This is what I found out: Hasbro has gotten the license for all Star Trek, not just the new movies. However I was told not to expect collector-oriented product to be forthcoming from the company. What exactly that means I am not sure, but it sure doesn't sound like we should be expecting realistic 3.75" or 6" lines from Hasbro.

What also is unclear is if Playmates still has some part of the Trek license. Last I had heard (albeit several months ago), they did but that may have changed. We will be sure to ask the folks at Playmates when we visit their showroom this weekend. I am pretty sure Diamond Select still has the ability to make 6" figures and vehicles based on Classic Star Trek even though they aren't doing too much with it right now.

#34 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (Destructor!!! @ Feb 12 2012, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Toy News International has a correspondent on the show floor at the New York Toy Fair, with some interesting, and possibly slightly disappointing news...

This is kinda confusing and doesnt sound good for collectors ! :-(

#35 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

I now wish I hadnt read this thread....

#36 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:23 PM

There's really no telling what the hell to make of that statement until we see the goods. The current crop of awesome lightsabre, spaceship replica, and action figure toys, for both The Clone Wars, AND the film series of Star Wars - are they considered "collector" toys?

I know I've bought a shed-load of them for my nephews, and them things get PLAYED with, big time.

#37 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

Yeah.... I guess we will just have to wait and see as 2013 approaches.

#38 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

I think they will do figures for the new movie and if the do well then they will branch out to the non JJ stuff. We just have to wait and see. The good news is that Hasbro has the license and anything can happen now.

#39 hcmv007

hcmv007

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:27 AM

Oh wow I started a similar topic on another thread!

SO excited though!

Hopefully they do the 3.75 inch format for the action figures, and give us cool playsets and vehicles. The 6 inch format IMO is not a good move to make, it takes up too much space and the cost is too high. I hope they are able to give us Nero, Ayel, Romulan soldiers, Klingon General and Guard, Sarek, and Gaila figures from the 2009 film.

#40 hcmv007

hcmv007

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE (Destructor!!! @ Feb 12 2012, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Since they did just recently acquire the license I wouldn't expect them to show all their cards on the table. Starting with the Kre-O line is pretty safe, but if you want to get the collector's happy you have to iron out some things first, and then move on with your plans. IDK when Diamond Select's agreement runs out, but Playmates shouldn't have any (IMO) reason to block Hasbro since they have abandoned the line-as far as the new movie is concerned. I expect by the fall we will have more info on Hasbro's plans for the next movie at least, and go from there. If Hasbro does the entire Star Trek saga it may be 2014 before we get the Prime Trek universe. Either way, we should be happy, it just may take some time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users