188 replies to this topic

#21 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (Jedigreedo @ Feb 13 2009, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I suppose that explains why the nacelles look so pinched together. I was really hoping they would be different than other companies and finally make a K-BoP with folding wings, but they appear fixed.

I'll definitely wait to see how decent and how pricey they turn out to be at the stores, I like them - especially the stands - but after Corgi, JL, Furuta... Is more of the same really needed?

They look great; but one question. Are the nacelles/nacelle pylons metal? I hate it when companies (like ERTL) do only the saucer section and lower stardrive in metal, but then leave the nacelles as plastic. I would love it if it was 100% diecast. What do you think; plastic or metal??

#22 JAL

JAL

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (Dilithium1 @ Feb 14 2009, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They look great; but one question.  Are the nacelles/nacelle pylons metal?  I hate it when companies (like ERTL) do only the saucer section and lower stardrive in metal, but then leave the nacelles as plastic.  I would love it if it was 100% diecast.  What do you think; plastic or metal??

For the price they better be all metal!!

#23 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE (JAL @ Feb 14 2009, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the price they better be all metal!!

The reason I am asking (and I know this is reeeally OCD of me) is that metal would not deteriorate like plastic would over time (and not be susceptible to Plastic-Eating-Bacteria, which has made a small apperance).

#24 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:43 AM

any more info on these ships???

#25 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:00 PM

Saw a listing for the first wave as well as a few surprises for further waves here:

http://www.1stopdiecast.com/

Looks kind of like they will be doing battle damaged ones too. I'd prefer new ships to battle damage. Its time for someone to give us Romulan Warbirds- Derridex and Valdore, and Shinzon's ship! Some of the different alien ships from Enterprise would be nice too. Here's a list of some of the ships that are coming soon:

NCC-1701 BATTLE DAMAGED
KLINON BIRD OF PREY
BATTLE DAMAGED ROMULAN NARADA
USS SARATOGA NCC-1867
USS RELIANT NCC-1864
USS ENTERPRISE NCC-1701D
USS ENTERPRISE NCC-1701 REFIT
USS ENTERPRISE NCC-1701
ROMULAN NARADA
KLINGON BIRD OF PREY-HMS BOUNTY
KLINGON BIRD OF PREY BATTLE DAMAGED
USS RELIANT NCC-1864
BATTLE DAMAGED USS ENTERPRISE NCC-1701D
BATTLE DAMAGED USS ENTERPRISE NCC-1701A
BATTLE DAMAGED USS ENTERPRISE NCC-1701 REFIT

#26 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:52 PM

yes, i hope the nacelles are metal too! I had the die cast enterprise from star trek V and was pissed when the nacelles poped off! lol

These look great, I wonder how much they'll cost

#27 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:56 AM

They have them at Entertainment Earth for $14.99

http://www.entertain...theme=Star Trek

#28 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:21 PM

they're $14.99 each?!

Not to sound like a complete idiot...but, I'm not sure on the whole 1:50 scale
but, I hope they're alot bigger than the old micro machine ships...

#29 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:15 PM

Are they maybe the same size as the Corgi ships?

#30 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:18 PM

i have a feeling there just a bit larger than the Johnny Lightning ships - but i hope they make them as big as the corgi models, they were cool!

#31 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:09 PM

I'm guessing that at $14.99 they should be at least as big as Galoob's old diecast Enterprise D. That was at 6". The details on Reliant on the Entertainment Earth page were pretty sharp. I was at first thinking about passing on more of the same old ships, but I think I might have to get a few of these.I just hope that we will be rewarded with more alien ships as time goes by.

#32 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:27 PM

well i can only hope that the new movie Enterprise and the Narada are a decent size so that they can be displayed next to my corgi classic Enterprise.

#33 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (New Frontier @ Apr 3 2009, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well i can only hope that the new movie Enterprise and the Narada are a decent size so that they can be displayed next to my corgi classic Enterprise.

How big are the Corgi ships? I have never seen them in person.

#34 Thomas E. Johnson

Thomas E. Johnson

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:15 PM

When are these due for release?

#35 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (bgiles73 @ Apr 3 2009, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How big are the Corgi ships? I have never seen them in person.

The classic ship is about 5/6 inches long, die-cast metal apart from the deflector dish, bridge and sensor domes and tips of each end of both nacelles. Brilliant model, i have the painted version and the non painted anniversary edition and if Mattel can do just as good with theirs then i'll be buying some.

#36 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (New Frontier @ Apr 4 2009, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The classic ship is about 5/6 inches long, die-cast metal apart from the deflector dish, bridge and sensor domes and tips of each end of both nacelles. Brilliant model, i have the painted version and the non painted anniversary edition and if Mattel can do just as good with theirs then i'll be buying some.

Have you checked the Entertainment Earth link? Ifthe Reliant picture they had is any indication, looks like they have done some outstanding work on these.

#37 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:22 PM

Yeah the Reliant looks really good, Not sure about the rest though, the Enterprise D looks weak compared to the corgi version as does the Bird of Prey. I hope they sort out the Nacelles on the new movie Enterprise since it's all blue on the real version.

#38 tribble

tribble

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Location:Iowa - United States - Earth - Sol System - Sector 001 - Alpha Quadrant - Milky Way Galaxy
  • Interests:Anything Star Trek. Laurel and Hardy. Orange County Choppers. Star Wars. Indiana Jones. Pirates. Renaissance Faires. Pirate re-enacting. Collecting Trek ships and tech. Gardening. Browsing antique shops. Looting and pillaging. Yo Ho Ho!

Posted 04 April 2009 - 09:34 PM

I'm really looking forward to seeing these in person. I will probably get as many of the regular ships as I can afford. Never been into all the battle damaged stuff tho. I do wish there were more paint details on these, however, they overdid the aztec pattern on the Corgi Enterprise-D, but I bought it anyway, along with the TOS 1701 and Klingon bird of prey. I liked those more than the Johnny Lightning ships I have gotten, I think more so for their size. I hope the mattel ships are more metal than the corgi ships, which were a combination of metal and plastic.

#39 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 05:40 PM

I just noticed some updated pics at Entertainment Earth. The stands are different but the detail doesn't look as good anymore! Come on Mattel don't dissapoint us here!

http://www.entertain...?number=MTP8514

#40 egoing

egoing

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (bgiles73 @ Apr 5 2009, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just noticed some updated pics at Entertainment Earth. The stands are different but the detail doesn't look as good anymore! Come on Mattel don't dissapoint us here!

http://www.entertain...?number=MTP8514

I like the stands much better. The ships are not 100% die-cast in case anyone was wondering.

Here are the spec sheets.

http://www.hotwheels...tline/StarTrek/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users