New MOTU line

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#21 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:56 PM

Well here we have a good example of a company trying a new approach at distributing toys. He-man.org just announced that Mattel is opening a new online store and that the Classic MOTU series will be an online only release with a new figure being released once a month. Im not sure if its going to work but it definately gets the figures to the fans that want them despite stores not wanting to take on the line. Maybe DST should take note and try something new too. Guinan, Yar and Chapel here we come!

#22 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 06:30 AM

That could work. I am definately up for a few of the new MOTU figures. And I like the idea of being able to buy online once a month. instead of having to fight scalpers in the toy aisle for stuff. This hobby is quickly becoming an annoyance becuase of those guys.

#23 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:23 PM

Some new images shown including He-Man & Beast Man:

http://www.mattycoll...goryID.12422000

They look excellent to me! Can't wait till they start shipping.

#24 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:13 AM

They look real nice but the $20 is a tad high. Im probably gonna get them anyway!

#25 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:57 PM

High-res images at ToyNewsI.

Oh man, I think I might have to get these! Something else to spend money on! Argh!

#26 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:14 PM

I love the way they look! I wonder if the little details like the secondary red on the center cross will stay around on the generl release. im hoping for the $20 price tag that we will get those types of little extras and details

#27 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:49 PM

And just in case you guys didn't pick up on Atistix's link or didn't see the news on He-man.org, Mattel's store is open. MattyCollector.com

#28 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:10 PM

What do we think of Zodak & Merman?

Fans seem unsure about Zodak. Apparently he is supposed to be a regular human type guy, so the 3 toed feet aren't going down well.'

Personally I think they look fantastic. However, the seem to be releasing the figures in the same kind of order as the original 80's line, so those funky new characters we saw (Captain Adora & Queen Marlena) probably won't happen...unless the line does REALLY well & lasts for ages.

#29 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:59 PM

Welllll, if you go by the original figure, he had the three pointy toe thing going on. I saw a picture of him in the cartoon and he had 'human' feet. I wouldn't have know the difference if it hadn't been pointed out to me.

#30 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:09 AM

the original figure definately used the web feet mold. mattel ahs also said that in 2009 we will get 2 figures never before made and 2 not released in the 200x line. im guess hordak and maybe he-ro will be a part of that.

#31 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:10 AM

I will definately pick up a few of these. I dont plan to be a completest but at least want He-Man, Skeletor and a few of the other main characters.

#32 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 12:02 PM

Wow....lol that's about all I can say, I'm very happy and a bit surprised at these. After the 2002 line ended, I thought...well that's the end of that we'll never see that stuff made again.
If I knew they were going to make something like these I would have never bought the 2002 line.

Are there any pictures of skeletor yet?

#33 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 12:49 PM

No Skeletor yet. that is one I am most wanting to see.

#34 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 03:03 PM

I think the 200x line was a good update on many of the characters. These figures are very much sticking to the original look of the 80s figures which in my mind is both good and bad. The Horsemen are doing a bang up job and really making the figures into dynamic action figures.

#35 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:29 PM

Hey Guys,
What do you all think of the new sekeltor?

I think this is the best he's ever looked. They did a great job on him.! I can't wait to get these!

#36 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:42 PM

Oh! Nice! He does look really, really good!

#37 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:54 AM

OOOHHHH.... That is what I have been waiting to see. I like it alot.

#38 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 01:13 PM

What other characters are you guys looking forward to see?
I'm sure it's too early right now, but I'm very excited to see Hordak and his men!

I'm very glad to see the old classic belts on everyone.

#39 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 03:40 PM

I am looking forward to seeing a few of the others but mostly Man at Arms. I cant wait to see what the horseman can do with him.

#40 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:06 PM

Did you hear that the Man at arms is coming with two heads? one w/ moustache and one w/o smile.gif
This line is going to be great, I heard something on the he-man chat board that skeletor may also come with two heads as well.

Can't wait to see tri klops and trap jaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users