Photo

DC Universe

• Please log in to reply
641 replies to this topic

#41 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:53 PM

Yeah these are mostly in specialty shops like comicbook stores, Spencers, FYE, Suncoast.

#42 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 14 January 2008 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE(skeletor @ Jan 14 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow thanks very much for the link. Nice stuff smile.gif
When I was a wee boy I used to think Wonder woman was Supermans girlfriend laugh.gif

I'm guessing only comic book stores carry these?

Ah...all the stuff to collect... rolleyes.gif

....And not enough pocket change to afford it all laugh.gif Trust me, this is where FHC's advice comes in handy, make eBay your friend. Otherwise you end up spending a fortune playing catch up at your LCBS tongue.gif

#43 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 02:48 PM

lol yes Ebay can be a very good friend. Except the shipping can get way out of hand.
I once bought a wool hat for my brother a few years ago on there, and they guy asked $6 to ship it...this was like back in 2002 I think and shipping was cheaper back then , than it is now...and it only cost him 2 bucks to ship lol

I'll probably go have a look at spencers tomorrow.

I havent really been into the whole comic book figures latley, but now that i've seen all the great stuff they're putting out, i'm going to have to get some biggrin.gif

#44 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE(skeletor @ Jan 15 2008, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah...all the stuff to collect... rolleyes.gif

It's crazy isn't it!! laugh.gif

I checked out that Wonder Woman line a while ago & they are very nice figures.

I'm more into full group series, like Alex Ross & JLA. I only have Black Canary from the Ross line, & damn she is a nice figure. I actually saw the Ross 4-pack with WW, Superman, Batman & I think someone else but I didn't have the money at the time as I was buying DS9 & chair Picard. sad.gif

I might give them a call & get them to send it out. I don't like just having one figure from such an awesome series. Can't wait to get Joker & Poison Ivy from the line...beautiful figures.

The Batgirl above is awesome. I'm neither here nor there with the Supergirl, but it will be nice to have her.

The upcoming Grodd & Harley from 4Horsemen are very drool worthy.

#45 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Jan 16 2008, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm more into full group series, like Alex Ross & JLA. I only have Black Canary from the Ross line, & damn she is a nice figure. I actually saw the Ross 4-pack with WW, Superman, Batman & I think someone else.

Wha...??? What ???? The other one is Green Lantern... How could anyone forget that... ? blink.gif

Just kidding. wink.gif

#46 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Jan 17 2008, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wha...??? What ???? The other one is Green Lantern... How could anyone forget that... ? blink.gif

Just kidding. wink.gif

Mohaha...I went back to Kings Comics & bought the set...I won't be forgetting Lantern anymore! biggrin.gif

Also in Sydney I managed to find Zatanna, Cheetah & Poison Ivy.

I am seriously in love with these figures....such a beautiful line.

#47 Sgt. Stinky

Sgt. Stinky

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Indiana Jones, Friends and especially Family

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:44 AM

Anyone seen Wave two of DC Classics yet ? I just bought the Classic Batman. It is awesome. Well the 2nd one I got is awesome. The first one's head was about to come off, the sides at the waist weren't connected and the legs were extremely loose. When I returned it the new one I got was 10% off because they are having an Easter toy sale. Anyway back to the question, only Meijer and Target are carrying these in my town. I haven't seen any of series one at Walmart or Kmart.

#48 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:55 AM

Wal-Mart didn't pick up the line, and K-Mart probably didn't either. Not that it would matter if your K-Mart is like the closest one near me, they just recently were able to get rid of their DC Superheroes wave 2 stock.

Haven't seen wave 2 yet, I was hoping they would have'em at a Target that opened on Sunday, but if they did then I missed'em since we had to wait until late evening. :\ I was hoping it would be another month or half a month until they were released though, I just got wave 1 finished up a week ago.

Can't wait to get'em though, especially Harley and Aquaman.

#49 Sgt. Stinky

Sgt. Stinky

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:41 PM

Thanks Jedigreedo. I know they are due soon.
Batman was the first one I bought. I wasn't sure I was going to start getting these or not but once I saw what was coming I bit the bullet. I am going to try and by one a week. The Penguin is the one selling out fastest around here. I have seen plenty of Batman, Red Tornado, Orion, and The Demon.
Penguin probably sells out quickest because it has Metamorpho's head and torso. Target and Meijer have gotten wave one at least twice now and Meijer still has plenty on the pegs. Target keeps selling out. I can't wait for wave three with GL, Nightwing and Robin. It's to bad about Walmart. These, IMHO, are far better than Hasbro's ML which Walmart is carrying.

#50 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 02:37 PM

I have recently seen this line at K-mart now, I don't think they've had it for very long tho.

#51 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:34 AM

The upcoming WW isn't too bad looking at all. Kinda thin for an amazonian type lass...but pretty.

#52 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:10 AM

There is a picture of her in the latest issue of Toyfare. She looks great. One of the best yet.

#53 Sgt. Stinky

Sgt. Stinky

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:15 AM

I was at Target on Saturday. Wave two has arrived. They had both Red and Blue Superman, Harley, Black Manta and Ronnie Raymond Firestorm. No Aquaman. I did not pick any up because I am sticking to my one a week plan and had just bought Penguin the day before as I try to complete wave one first. They looked fantastic.

#54 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 06:53 AM

Thanks for the news, Stinky.

I'm definitely going to pick up Aquaman and Harley. I'm not sure about Firestorm. I've got the DCDirect version and am pretty happy with it.

#55 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:03 AM

One of the guys I work with came in this morning with all of them but Firestorm. I have to get them. The Aquaman is awesome.

#56 Sgt. Stinky

Sgt. Stinky

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE(pickard @ Mar 19 2008, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the news, Stinky.

I'm definitely going to pick up Aquaman and Harley. I'm not sure about Firestorm. I've got the DCDirect version and am pretty happy with it.

You're welcome. I was never a big fan of Firestorm myself but after seeing the figure I actually want it. Seeing these DC characters done so well is blowing me away. I am probably biased towards DC because Batman and Superman were the first comics I remember reading. I started loving Marvel later. I still get misty eyed remembering going to a store called Readmore with my Dad to get his cigarettes and magazines he liked to read. He gave me $5 and said to go by some comic books. This was the early 70's and they were 35 cents apiece biggrin.gif . I came home with a huge sackfull and almost all were DC.

#57 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 11:24 PM

Got some new JLU figures thanks to a BTVSfigs member:

Blue Devil, Huntress, Zatanna, The Ray, Shay'era, JL Hawkgirl, Stargirl, Vigilante, Shining Knight, Volcana, Shade & the Aquaman with two hands are new.

#58 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:02 AM

Congrat's on Volcana. I hooked up JokerFC at POA and never saw her again for myself sad.gif Right now, both her and the Grodd 6 pack are my must haves. For whatever reason my part of the country is devoid of any new JLU stuff and with the Target exclusive deal, I worry about the lines future.

#59 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:50 AM

I just found the entire set of DCU Classics series 2 this morning at Target. YAY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#60 Sgt. Stinky

Sgt. Stinky

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:20 AM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Apr 1 2008, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just found the entire set of DCU Classics series 2 this morning at Target. YAY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which Aquaman did you find, Classic or Modern ? Both ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users