• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

#1 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:55 AM

One more line I wanted to mention from SDCC.

I was always a fan of Indian Jones. We had Temple of Doom & Last Crusade on tape & watched them all the time.
I'm very happy to hear they are finally making some more figures based on the series.

The scales seem to be 3 3/4", 5" or 6" & something like 9" or 12" maybe.

Indies:

Raiders figures:

This is a Hasbro job...so I'm not expecting anything wonderful. I just hope that they manage to cover the main movies made, & the upcoming movie.

Not sure if Sideshow pics are out yet...but they will be a much nicer alternative for many folk.

Pics & info: TNI
http://i.toynewsi.co...b...600&start=0

#2 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:24 AM

Indy is like my 3rd favorite franchise, I will be picking up the 6 inchers for sure!

Previous attempts have been terrible. Anyone seen Disney's stuff... Blech!!

#3 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE(Sybeck1 @ Jul 29 2007, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Indy is like my 3rd favorite franchise,

Mine too. I used to have some of those MOC Kenner 3 3/4 figures when i first started collecting seriously about 20 years ago, but i sold them and have been kicking myself ever since. I always wanted the 12" Indy by Kenner but its just to expensive, glad i have a chance to get them all over again! Those pics of those 3 3/4 figures look like they may be reissues from the original molds.

#4 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 05:36 PM

I'm hoping whichever Indy that is above without knee articulation, they will add it before release.

The old Indy lines were rather ugly. I have never bought any of them...though I looked into it. And if these new figures are the same size, I will try & pick up the older playsets they made. I believe there was the Map Room, the Streets of Cairo & the Well of Souls.

Here they all are:
http://www.toyarchiv...LostArkSer.html

I did see the proto's for Willie Scott & Short Round. They weren't nice looking, but it would have been good to have them.

#5 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:31 PM

Man, does this ever take me back to childhood! I loved these figures and had a few of the playsets. If these are as good as the protos look, I will prolly be picking them up too.

#6 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:28 PM

Not toy related. but did you see Karen Allen is coming back as Mariam in the next movie?

#7 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 10:34 PM

I saw this photo on Wrestlingfigs.com...

#8 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:30 AM

These new figures are pretty cool. I will definately pick up a few. at least Indy.

#9 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Jul 29 2007, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm hoping whichever Indy that is above without knee articulation, they will add it before release.

The old Indy lines were rather ugly.

The best Indy figure I've ever seen is the Toys McCoy Indy, but man, is that expensive. I don't think I could spend that much on a single action figure.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...6QQcmdZViewItem

#10 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:14 PM

Jebus! that is expensive!

Did I hear that Aussie actress Cate Blanchett was the new Indy girl?

#11 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Aug 1 2007, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jebus! that is expensive!

Yes, but that head sculpt is (IMO) AMAZING! I've never seen another Harrison Ford sculpt look quite that accurate. As for Cate, I heard she was in the movie, but if she's the "girl" of the movie, or how big her role really is, I don't know...

#12 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 07:06 AM

Hmmm... $70 and up for these figures is expensive IMO.

I'm wondering if its a deal like the Star Wars line where SSC not only pays Lucas, but has to pay Hasbro for he rights too.

That's one of the main reasons why thier star wars stuff is so expensive... and also why I don't collect them all.

They should be closer to other movie properties that SSC does, which would be $45 and up.

While I would love some of these, I may pick and choose which ones I pay full retail for and then wait o rthe rest to go on sale somewhere.

That's what I did with the POTA line and I was able to pick at least 1/2 of them up for about $25 ea instead of paying the $45 SSC MSRP.

#13 pawpal

pawpal

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:32 AM

I'm so excited about these, hopefully Hasbro manages to include the Ark (which they said they're trying to). I'm gonna pick up a few cases of the 3-3/4" figures, that's for sure. Plus the Lego sets as well.

#14 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Jul 30 2007, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw this photo on Wrestlingfigs.com...

Wow, I almost did not recognize Shia with that mustache! blink.gif

#15 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:51 PM

who's the guy in the back behind Karen Allen?

#16 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 24 August 2007 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Aug 24 2007, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, I almost did not recognize Shia with that mustache! blink.gif

I was about to argue you down that that WAS NOT Shia Lebouf ... good thing I researched first. LOL He looks completely different!

#17 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 08:46 PM

Any word how much articulation the 3 3/4" figures are going to have? All the photos I see of these look pretty static and with the advances Hasbro has made with the Star Wars line, I was hoping for a bit more.

-EDIT- Nevermind, I saw the last few photos on TNI and they have plenty of articulation.

#18 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 03 December 2007 - 11:08 PM

Yeah, I'm thinking that they'll use some of the tricks they re-learned with the GI Joe Anniversary figures and give Indy's line a little articulation wink.gif I'm looking forward to the 12" Indy that hopefully will be released in this line. I was a little disappointed when they did a Indy GI Joe a few years back and he didn't look like Harrison sad.gif

#19 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 03:11 PM

I think it's just the figures with action features that have limited movement (no Jacket Indy & Marion for example).

#20 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 05:23 PM

The first series seen here have no action features. They look like they use some of the Joe and Star Wars articulation. I think the action feature figures are either for a seperate wave or since they were just protos shown at a con they may not even show up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users