• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:30 PM

Anyone else looking forward to the new Dick Tracy in Yellow coat?
I've been waiting forever for a cool Dick Tracy figure like this!

When I was a kid in 1990 and the movie came out, I had a couple of the Playmates figures and the lunchbox and backpack lol
Anyone know if Toys R Us will be carrying these, or just online retailers?

#2 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:55 AM

I am pretty sure TRU should have these. They have been carrying the other Indy Spotlight figures from Shocker. I saw the Dick Tracy Exclusives from SDCC last year and they are pretty cool. I may pick them up when they come out.

#3 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:41 AM

I had no idea Toys would be carrying these. I love Tracy, so I'll have to talk my wife into driving me to a Toys when I can leave the house again. laugh.gif

#4 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 09:30 AM

I havent seen any other Shocker stuff at TRU so it may be on a store to store basis. I saw these on the website by accident (dont even remmeber how I got there) and they have a lot of cool stuff like new Tick figures and of course the Tracy stuff. Im very tempted but Im trying to stay away from this larger scale stuff.

#5 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:42 AM

I havent seen them in my TRU yet but my buddy in FL found them all but The Maxx and the Variant Shadow Hawk a couple of weeks ago at two different TRU's. I have heard from a few others on other forums with the same story in various places around the country. If I see them I may pick up a couple of different characters.

Here is the link to their site to see what is out and what is coming: Indy Spolight

#6 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:59 AM

I wish Shocker would get a license for Conan the Barbarian and Red Sonja Comic Book figures.

#7 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:48 PM

Shocker seem to be getting better at making toys.

I have thought about grabbing the Dick Tracy figures, they look pretty cool.

I didn't like the smaller line of figures from the Dick Tracy movie, so I bought the Applause line:

If you have a crap load of money, Tonner also made some dolls of Dick, Breathless & Tess:

#8 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:51 PM

Those are pretty sweet Art!!

Are the TRU releases as steep as the online stuff. Online the shocker stuff ranges from $18-30 depending on the product.

#9 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:59 AM

At least Shocker does not reuse parts... o_O

#10 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:59 PM

I've always loved the stuff Applause puts out!

I got the Applause Tracy waaaaaaaay back when the movie first came out, but I think I have lost the stand he came with.
where did you find those generic stands you have the rest of the gang standing on?

#11 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (skeletor @ Jul 21 2010, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
where did you find those generic stands you have the rest of the gang standing on?

Hey Skeletor, I bought the figures as a set off a website many years ago. I think the Dick Tracy stands came with Tracy & Breathless, & the rest of the figures had generic stands.

Did all the the figures in the set originally come with the yellow stands?

It was odd that the figures all had a great likeness in that set...except for Tracy himself!

#12 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (Tiberius @ Jul 19 2010, 06:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At least Shocker does not reuse parts... o_O

Ha! that must be a joke!

I love pulp hero stuff, I could have gotten behind a line of pulp hero figures like Dick Track, Lone Ranger and others...

But Shocker Toys is still pretty erratic with getting stuff out (if you think DST is bad whoooo boy!)

I would just recommend to anyone wanting to pre-order their products to do so on a site like bbts.com and not directly on the shocker toys site as that way you can always cancel the pre-order if you like.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users