Photo

Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

• Please log in to reply
3700 replies to this topic

#3661 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 01:58 PM

Anyone know if Eaglemoss is planning to do any discovery ships in scale with the standard Star Trek release?

#3662 Morgan

Morgan

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:12 PM

The Antares and a bunch of other ships are out, some of them fortunate some of them deeply unfortunate. Others include the Krenim warship, Dominion warship, Baran's Raider (aka Miradorn Vessel Micro Machine), Fesarius, some part of V'Ger, and Nightingale. (I thought the Yeager was a lazy and deranged kitbash, but dang).

https://www.herocoll...-145-150-reveal

The Antares is pretty sweet though -- this is very deep into obscure ships. Like, who'd have thunk? The upper pod on the studio model seemed larger though, I have to say. And taller.

SSSUK150_740.jpg

#3663 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:13 PM

Dominion warship and Vger are my pics.

#3664 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 01:58 PM

So....

Is the Discovery line actually going to be finished?

I am now noticing how they seem to have focused on easy-to-manufacture starfleet ships to the point where there aren't many planned left.  The remaining roster is mainly Klingon.  And many of those looks like they could be tricky to make.  Tricky enough, that I am wondering if there is a chance they will regret committing to so many and decide to cut some out...

Anybody else thinking the same thing?

#3665 DefiantOne

DefiantOne

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 04:01 PM

So....

Is the Discovery line actually going to be finished?

I am now noticing how they seem to have focused on easy-to-manufacture starfleet ships to the point where there aren't many planned left.  The remaining roster is mainly Klingon.  And many of those looks like they could be tricky to make.  Tricky enough, that I am wondering if there is a chance they will regret committing to so many and decide to cut some out...

Anybody else thinking the same thing?

I'm just glad they won't make the more hideous Klingon designs like the Daspu" or Bsthl or whatever it is called and go for ships that people actually want instead. Also, with the Second season starting this week, there might be more potential ships in the Discovery line down the road.

#3666 AndyW

AndyW

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:28 AM

Bonaventure's are en-route, mines waiting for me at home according to DPD.

Delayed response to getting the Disco-prise, mine arrived last week and I have to say its absolutely wonderful. As I've said before, I'm not a big fan of the show particularly, but this redesign really really works for me. Mine has straight nacelles and came un-damaged unlike quite a few peoples. 

I'll be getting the Clarke I think and maybe the Buran as its such a striking design.

#3667 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:29 PM

The coloring on the Qoj is incredible.

https://imgur.com/a/N4elhOT

#3668 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:43 PM

Incredible....?  As in...random paint splatter?

My tardigrade has arrived.  While I did not like this strange plot gimmick or the notion that a transdimensional space dwelling creature would resemble an organic planetary lifeform magnified exponentially in size (and including opposable forelimb thumbs no less!)...  it is fun to have a Star Trek "toy" or "collectible" (or whatever we call these) of a strange creature, since that doesn't really happen that often for us Trek-over-Wars fans.

#3669 Starfleet Doc

Starfleet Doc

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 07:34 PM

With taxes, came my specials and bonuses buying. I love the Enterprise F, Bonaventure, Disco-Prise and Spacedock. I like Vger (Love because its the first Vger; execution could have been a little better, like the front end, detailing, etc). Im indifferent to the JJ-Klingong Cruiser and K-Maru. Shuttle set 4 was fun to have, but wished there were more from the prime universe. Im excited about the STO Enterprise F but Im really disappointed about the Discovery. For a CG-based model... its lacking alot of detail which is something the Disco-Prise and other Fed ships in Discovery collection arent lacking.

Anyone else realize that were in the mid-40s and only up to 150 has been announced? I have loved the past six years, but im starting to suffer from collection fatigue and space-for-models fatigue. Wont stop me from buying but damn. It was supposed to be 70 and my wife gives me the look everytime i tell her its been expanded.

Hope the next 5-10 regular models get announced soon. Plus if theyre going to expand again so i can talk my wife into letting this continue another year or so.

Forums been looking dead lately, so hope the fire is still with everyone else. LLAP.

#3670 VorlonKosh

VorlonKosh

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:41 PM

With taxes, came my specials and bonuses buying. I love the Enterprise F, Bonaventure, Disco-Prise and Spacedock. I like Vger (Love because its the first Vger; execution could have been a little better, like the front end, detailing, etc). Im indifferent to the JJ-Klingong Cruiser and K-Maru. Shuttle set 4 was fun to have, but wished there were more from the prime universe. Im excited about the STO Enterprise F but Im really disappointed about the Discovery. For a CG-based model... its lacking alot of detail which is something the Disco-Prise and other Fed ships in Discovery collection arent lacking.

Anyone else realize that were in the mid-40s and only up to 150 has been announced? I have loved the past six years, but im starting to suffer from collection fatigue and space-for-models fatigue. Wont stop me from buying but damn. It was supposed to be 70 and my wife gives me the look everytime i tell her its been expanded.

Hope the next 5-10 regular models get announced soon. Plus if theyre going to expand again so i can talk my wife into letting this continue another year or so.

Forums been looking dead lately, so hope the fire is still with everyone else. LLAP.

Get rid of your  wife, then you'll have more room.   B)

#3671 Starfleet Doc

Starfleet Doc

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:04 PM

Nah. She still is good with it. Shes the one who helped me design and build my shelves for the collection.

#3672 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 12:36 AM

If nothing else they supposedly confirmed they'd be doing the new Picard series ships so you had better start rehearsing that part before you tell your wife!

#3673 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 12:30 PM

Any official word on why the Cardassian Keldon class hasn’t been in the US store yet?

#3674 Starfleet Doc

Starfleet Doc

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:35 AM

Nothing. Or how preorders of the Federation style Enterprise F were out of stock so quickly. Theyre selling on ebay at 100 bucks or more right now. Petty jackasses buying out inventory and marking it up.

#3675 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 10:40 AM

ISS Shenzhou has arrived...no magazine for it though. No magazines for Disco specials??

#3676 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 04:56 PM

The ISS isnt a special, its a subscriber gift. The AGT Enterprise D didnt come with one either.

#3677 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 08:26 PM

Hmm...well glad one of us is paying attention!

#3678 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:21 AM

Sure would be nice if any day now I could order the two F's and the Bonaventure.

I see they have the mirror AGT-D up for preorder, maybe I should jump on that before it meets the same fate.

Does anybody know if the "E-MAIL ME WHEN AVAILABLE" actually works?  I tried that a month or two ago and have been wondering if it works or not.

#3679 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 03:41 PM

What's the word folks?  BBTS preorders have caught up to the full list of known Memory-Alpha standard issues...I think that may be a first?  Is that the sign that it's stalled out at 155?  And what's with Discovery seeming to have stalled out as well?  I can tell you one thing, I'd rather have them ditch some of those Klingon ships and focus on:

Spoiler

#3680 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 04:40 PM

The USS Eddison from Discovery isn't up for preorder yet on BBTS, so they haven't caught up completely there. Its the ship that comes after the Cleave ship if I remember right.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users