• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#101 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:56 AM

I find it funny how random all the TOS Era Phasers look, they have no clear line of progression in design like the TNG Era ones do. You can see a pretty clear progression from the Dust Buster to the Dolphin Phaser in TNG, with TOS they seem to just design something with no regard to previous ones. 

The only ones that seem to be similar are the actual TOS Phaser, and the Star Trek 3 one. The TWOK and Assault Phaser share no design similarities to the  other 2.

#102 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 06:47 PM

My BBTS order is in my Pile O Loot!

#103 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:55 PM

Got mine, I did a review of it:

Direct link in case this breaks..

https://youtu.be/jWrTdFqWNBc

#104 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:51 AM

Got mine from BBTS. I really like it! The MK I is a little finnicky getting back into the MK II at times, but it's not bad. The design of the phaser is great, and I really like that they include things like the overload mode on these.

#105 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:28 PM

I got mine today. This is my favorite phaser design so I had pretty high expectations for it.
Overall looks wise it is great. It's a nice costume or display piece. The blinking lights before you select a setting is a cool feature.
My only two complaints are the sound effects don't have a big enough difference between settings. They all sound pretty much the same. The second is the the phaser itself feels a bit on the cheap side. There is no real heft to it. The previous phasers seemed to have a bit more weight them. This feels kind of like you are picking up an empty plastic shell. Overall I'm glad I got it. I will most likely get the TNG phaser when it comes out two years from now.

#106 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:15 PM

Yeah, I don't hear a difference in sounds either, even when separating the pieces. The last setting, seems to have a disintegrating sound? I would have liked a continuous fire setting though.
I am not a fan of all those screws, especially since there Is No Heft to it
I have no troubles returning the two parts together again.
I like it, it looks as good as my resin model, and it should have been what TMP evolved into.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: phaser, search for spock, star trek iii

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users