Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:39 PM

Nor does it mean that people who do embrace it are "not real fans"

#222 Nigel

Nigel

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:56 PM

They're still real fans, just fans of something pretty different, detached and divorced from the original timeline and canon. I am glad people get something out of the JJ films and Discovery. I wasn't hoping Star Trek 14 would get shelved. I can see Discovery going for several seasons. Just doesn't interest me. I am commenting because it is a relative event in the history of the franchise. I just hope if these Drekkies watch TOS sometime they won't get offended by everything.

#223 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:49 PM

Yeah... the whole "who's a real fan" stuff is just tiresome. If you like anything with the Star Trek moniker on it... I'd say your a fan. 

#224 MisterPL

MisterPL

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 16 February 2022 - 11:56 AM

I'm filing this latest tidbit under "I'll believe it when I see it" for now.

Personally, I believe Star Trek feature films have become obsolete, particularly given the production value of recent streaming series. Just stick to long form.

#225 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 19 February 2022 - 07:32 PM

I'd love to see another kelvin film, mainly to see the Enterprise A and finally get an eaglemoss model of it.

But this is how many times its been "announced?" Probably won't happen.

#226 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 20 May 2022 - 12:26 PM

I don't see how a Kelvin-verse project is viable anymore.

They have already recast Spock and Uhura again.

We've all moved on.

We would be disappointed if they pour a bunch of resources into a film that doesn't perform as desired and prevents future development of films involving the new characters/settings we are currently investing in on Paramount+.

But I see on TrekMovie yesterday that Karl Urban is still holding out hope...I am holding out hope he's wrong.

#227 MisterPL

MisterPL

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 29 August 2022 - 07:30 AM

We've lost yet another director:

https://toynewsi.com/414-44187

This is just the universe saying, "Hey, the films had a good run. Keep Trek on the small screen, in long form and as far away from broadcast TV as possible."

Given the amount of time that has passed, I wouldn't mind seeing Decker, Ilia, Peter Preston, Demora Sulu, Saavik, and David introduced in the Kelvin timeline to become the next generation that helps bridge this version of TOS to the its version of TNG.

#228 MisterPL

MisterPL

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:07 PM

Now the creator of the recently canceled Max series "The Flight Attendant" is taking a stab at Star Trek 4. This is still intended to be the swan song for the cast. (Barring, of course, any cameos they might make in a streaming series.)

https://variety.com/...key-1235953186/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users