• Please log in to reply
3700 replies to this topic

#2821 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:45 AM

Ben has posted a couple of pics of the final version of the Jumbo D.

C5irn5RWAAI0TFq.jpg

C5iryEfWMAAgJQ4.jpg

I'll be ordering it as soon as it goes live but it's baffling why they've not fixed the obvious shuttle bay 2/3 error.

#2822 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:22 AM

Yeah, if Bay 2's door and the main impulse engine looked right, this would be an instant-buy for me. That being said, it's still a lovely thing, and is in scale with a few of the other ships that I love (The Prometheus, Appalachia and Budapest), so it's going to be on my future 'sales' list. :)

#2823 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:24 AM

Huh, so Bay 2's door is smaller than the other one, and on a lot of models they just have them the same for symmetry. 

I've never really looked into it before. 

If they ever give out a nice coupon code again, or they go on sale I'd consider getting the jumbo ships. 

No real interest otherwise. 

At least until they give us Voyager, Defiant, or Prometheus. Possibly the Enterprise C if the sculpt is better. 

I'd even buy a jumbo NX-01 refit. 

#2824 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:33 AM

The Enterprise-D is my favorite spaceship so this is an instant purchase for me flaws and all.

#2825 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:15 AM

An Enterprise-C that is accurate to the ship itself (Ben said this'll be addressed, so hopefully this won't be a problem).

A Refit with a paintjob similar to that seen on the QMX version (or the AMT model kits).

An Excelsior.

The Defiant (obviously lol).

A Runabout with a bit more detail to go with the bigger size - panelling is what I mean here.

Voyager with a better paint application, more detail.

A Prometheus, an Equinox, Akira, etc etc.

They're all the ships I'd consider getting (other than the Defiant, which is a definite for me). Obviously price and space is a big factor, but if they look really exceptional, then this list covers the Federation ships I'd like.

Yes, there's alien ships like the Romulan Warbird, but I'm choosing to suppress the thought of them being made because I'm not a millionaire. lol

#2826 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:28 PM

There is a seller on eBay that sells stands for various toys, including DST, and I just noticed that he is selling this:

http://www.ebay.com/...xkAAOSw4CFYryLQ

I'm curious how it compares to EM's stands in terms of stability. 

If he makes more, even if its just for the Enterprises, I may pick some up. 

#2827 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:54 PM

Argh! They've not fixed the windows on the underneath of the saucer in those indented window portions?

#2828 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:19 AM

Perusing the Eaglemoss fan group on facebook just now, and there appears to be something weird possibly being uncovered. One of the guys there has found two CG models - one of the Soapbar shuttle, and the other the Shuttlepod Type 15 - that come complete with textures and detailing. The thing that's weird, is that these meshes have the same errors as the actual Eaglemoss models themselves:

The Type 15 has the '1071-D' error on the front.
The Type 7 has 'Enteprise' on the stern.

Obviously I'll update this when there's more information, but without jumping to conclusions, a few people are now wondering if some of the CG models might've been taken off of one of these sites (scifi3d or something?).

#2829 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:07 PM

New picture of the jumbo-E next to a regular version, which gives a nice sense of scale:

2XbZkg8l.jpg

Hi-res: http://i.imgur.com/2XbZkg8.jpg

Something just seems a bit off with this one for me. Everything looks a little bit too 'thick', especially the rim of the saucer.

#2830 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:19 AM

I think she looks BEAUTIFUL

#2831 AndyW

AndyW

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:39 AM

Got my subs delivery of  Issue 94 (Suliban Cell Ship) and Issue 95 (New Orleans Class) over the weekend. I confess I haven't even opened the cell ship as I wish they hadn't bothered (SS Conestoga before dross like the Suliban ship, hell, why not the cruiser before this!), but this disappointment is balanced by the fact I have a physical New Orleans Class in my hand!

Its wonderful, although suffers from wonky nacelle issues. Not as bad as some peoples on the FB posts, but a little noticeable. Still, its a New Orleans Class! What a time to be alive. :D

#2832 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:18 PM

Nice, yeah can't wait to get it myself. :)

Random thing, Ed Giddings updated his site (he's the guy who does the CG models for Eaglemoss, at least some of them),  and of the four new additions, one of them is the Phase II Enterprise. It looks gorgeous, but the one that's caught my eye is the Nostromo, which he's replicated perfectly by the look of it:

http://cgreactor.com/gallery.html

Phase II Enterprise, Nostromo, Narcissus and Sulaco - I think I'll find room for all of them to be honest. :)

#2833 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:22 AM

Wow the Phase 2 Enterprise is gorgeous. Kinda wish they stuck with hose nacelles when they made the refit.

#2834 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:29 AM

If you mean the glowing bussard collectors, I completely agree.

I've always preferred the refit over the original ship (not to say I don't love it, just my preference), but...this one steals the crown for me I think. Having the old saucer and drive section with those updated nacelles and pylons, well it just looks incredible in my opinion. The registry on the sides of the drive section is a twinge odd, and I'd love to have some blue glow behind the deflector dish, but I absolutely love it.

#2835 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:02 PM

If you mean the glowing bussard collectors, I completely agree.

I've always preferred the refit over the original ship (not to say I don't love it, just my preference), but...this one steals the crown for me I think. Having the old saucer and drive section with those updated nacelles and pylons, well it just looks incredible in my opinion. The registry on the sides of the drive section is a twinge odd, and I'd love to have some blue glow behind the deflector dish, but I absolutely love it.

Ya, the glowy bussard collectors look so damn good. 

I think the drive section is different, it looks more like the refits than the originals. Especially from the back. 

nxBhQCd.jpg

The originals was more... flat? Versus being rounded out a bit. 

I'll also add that if they did a jumbo of the Phase 2 Enterprise, I'd absolutely buy it. 

#2836 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:45 PM

Yeah you're right. It seems to be a mixture of the two. This is a really incredible design in that sense. In fact, I'll go as far to say that it makes the whole refit thing make a lot more sense overall, if the ship went from TOS, then was modified into the Phase II version, and then became the Refit from TMP.

And I agree with you on the last point as well, I'd love a big one. Earlier this week, I was watching some videos and reading some reviews on what I believe is a new model kit of this Phase II Enterprise from 'Ugh' models (which are anything but that, in terms of quality, from what I've read). This version is a tiny bit different from the soon-to-be Eaglemoss version (right away, I see that it has the TMP-style deflector dish), but that's due to there being no true 'canon' version:

https://www.fpkclub....l_number=UGH055

The decal variation included is amazing with that as well. Wish they made a pre-painted version!

EDIT: Actually, this is as close to canon as it gets, and well, the dish is up for interpretation:

2010-03-01_Phase2_Ent.jpg

#2837 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:52 PM

Weirdly I think I prefer the TOS style deflector to the TMP one on this design.

I also like the nacelles on the CGI version made for EM more than what the model company did.

#2838 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:40 PM

First glimpse of Eaglemoss' Franklin:

O32sc6I.jpg

#2839 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:03 PM

Man, the weathering looks great.

Overall the paint job seems to white though, or am I remembering the ship wrong?

#2840 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:49 AM

Someone on facebook said that might be down to the lighting of that photograph (as some other models appear to be similarly too light, but then are fine when released).

Also, that photo comes from a facebook video (which wasn't so much a video as an image with flashing text on it). Ben also had this to say on twitter (basically not easy to do, and the ship's designer was really helpful): https://twitter.com/...311675545309186

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users