My Polar Lights Enterprise

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Captain Kahuna

Captain Kahuna

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 11:25 PM

I've decided to take up modeling again after a twentyfive year hiatus. Here's my first completed project: a 1/1000 scale NCC-1701 by Polar Lights.

I'm currently working on the Klingon D7 by Polar Lights.

#2 hemble

hemble

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:military models, Star Trek, custom figures

Posted 19 August 2007 - 12:07 AM

That is an awesome model I'm really impressed with the paint apps very very well done.

Ron

#3 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 01:45 AM

I thought for a second I was looking at an AA Enterprise! Great job! I have a few in the box was it hard to build?

#4 Captain Kahuna

Captain Kahuna

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 02:44 PM

Thanks guys!

This one isn't hard to build, but it does have a few idiosyncracies. It's a snap-kit but if you want the best results you'll have to glue it together, otherwise you'll have gaps aplenty. It will require a bit of filling with putty, espeially where the nacelle struts fit into the secondary hull. The primary hull comes in two pieces. Make sure you connect the bottom half to the dorsal support BEFORE you connect the upper half of the primary hull. If you glue the two halves together it will be much more difficult to snap them onto the dorsal as the fit is very tight.

I snagged another one of these off ebay and I'll be doing one of the pilot episode ships with that. However, before that I have the D7 to get through as well as the NX-01 and the Enterprise B waiting in the wings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users