• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 dukeman3ca

dukeman3ca

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:51 PM

Anybody having any luck making some? Just curious if there is any attempt to do them.

#2 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:02 PM

i thought i might have seen maybe one or two in the customs section. not sure though....

#3 dukeman3ca

dukeman3ca

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ Jul 5 2010, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i thought i might have seen maybe one or two in the customs section. not sure though....

well i hope somebody takes a crack at them, it would be cool if they would make actual ones from playmates, but we all know that will never happen

#4 jim010

jim010

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (dukeman3ca @ Jul 5 2010, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well i hope somebody takes a crack at them, it would be cool if they would make actual ones from playmates, but we all know that will never happen

I started to make a body, and posted shots in the custom forum, but have not had much time to continue. It will be done, but very slowly ...

#5 spiderpumpkin

spiderpumpkin

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:40 PM

We sure can dream to get these in 4.5" scale by Playmates. Wouldn't it have been nice if the line wasn't cancelled in September 1999 and continued until 2002 at least. Then we could have gotten more missing characters including Enterprise.

#6 Juan Martinez

Juan Martinez

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 04:21 AM

I am currently working on a set. I found some nice heads to make characters. I am using those sea quest figures as bodys, since they are a sister playmates line and are in prefect scale with the star trek line. I almost have Mayweather done.

#7 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:10 PM

You are working on them, without anyone's knowledge of the recipe?? You should share your head choices for others to attempt.
Great working on them, make sure you post to the custom figure page when you get him done.

#8 Juan Martinez

Juan Martinez

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (Tiberius @ Dec 19 2010, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are working on them, without anyone's knowledge of the recipe?? You should share your head choices for others to attempt.
Great working on them, make sure you post to the custom figure page when you get him done.

I've been using heads from the Seaquest and ST line. There is a set of heads I currently have that I got out of a huge custom lot back in August. They look to be figures from the Jurassic park line. I will post pics soon.

#9 dukeman3ca

dukeman3ca

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (Juan Martinez @ Dec 22 2010, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been using heads from the Seaquest and ST line. There is a set of heads I currently have that I got out of a huge custom lot back in August. They look to be figures from the Jurassic park line. I will post pics soon.

Seaquest had figures?

#10 Juan Martinez

Juan Martinez

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (dukeman3ca @ Dec 24 2010, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seaquest had figures?

They did, they are sometimes cheap on ebay. They are the exact scale as the ST line also. They make extra crew members/background crew members, or in my case, my own crew. Check out my custom figures in the custom section. I have some of them posted.

#11 Juan Martinez

Juan Martinez

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:17 PM

I know its been awhile, but here are some of the figures I've been working on.

#12 Kyle_C_Haight

Kyle_C_Haight

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:32 AM

Personally, I always liked how the seaQuest figures had the extra point of articulation in the thighs...one wonders why they didn't implement them in the Star Trek lines?

And, off topic, I can never find a decently priced Captain Bridger or Darwin figure...have the rest of the crew, though.

#13 Juan Martinez

Juan Martinez

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (Kyle_C_Haight @ Jun 24 2011, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally, I always liked how the seaQuest figures had the extra point of articulation in the thighs...one wonders why they didn't implement them in the Star Trek lines?

And, off topic, I can never find a decently priced Captain Bridger or Darwin figure...have the rest of the crew, though.

They did use the same extra points of articulation in the thighs in the Voyager and limited FC line. I think the arms from the Seaquest are the same arms used for Voyager and the FC figures.

#14 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Music, acting, theatre, film, arts in General

Check out my band: www.facebook.com/eastportslackers

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:04 AM

I want to customize the Enterprise-crew too, but I'm not sure if I'll use the SeaQuest figures. Well, we'll see. I'll post some pics once I've got something done. Wish I had more time for customizing...

#15 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:34 PM

Those customs will be interesting to see progress. A repainted Wesley Crusher head may work well for Trip.

The Seaquest figures were great. But as I mentioned in the 'fave Playmates fig' thread, Playmates did not include the ships Doctor in the first set...which meant we never saw Dr. Westphalen. sad.gif

#16 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Music, acting, theatre, film, arts in General

Check out my band: www.facebook.com/eastportslackers

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:24 AM

Don't know about the Wesley-head. I don't really like it that much. I'd rather try to sculpt new heads from scratch, but we'll see. I thought about the first wave TNG Romulan's face (without the forehead, obviously) for Archer. I used him for a (not yet finished) random TOS-crewmember and realized, that he could pass as Archer. Well, we'll see.

I agree on the SeaQuest figures, they were great. Too bad I never got hold of a Rubin Zellar-figure.

#17 Fat Valentino

Fat Valentino

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Custom Ships and Playsets

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:47 PM

I'm working on some, using a method similar to the one Iron Cow's using to make his AA/DST scale DS9 characters. I've resized the whole crew and the Suliban guy.

I've found that Seaquest bodies work pretty well for the Enterprise era jumpsuits. The only problem is, I'm not the world's best painter and I've had some false starts trying to paint the faces well...
http://www.trektoy.c...t...ge&img=2609

Here's part of the crew in their "In a Mirror Darkly" TOS uniforms.
http://www.trektoy.c...t...ge&img=2610

And some non-Enterprise figures...
http://www.trektoy.c...t...ge&img=2611

#18 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:14 AM

QUOTE (Fat Valentino @ Jan 19 2012, 05:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm working on some, using a method similar to the one Iron Cow's using to make his AA/DST scale DS9 characters. I've resized the whole crew and the Suliban guy.

I've found that Seaquest bodies work pretty well for the Enterprise era jumpsuits. The only problem is, I'm not the world's best painter and I've had some false starts trying to paint the faces well...
http://www.trektoy.c...t...ge&img=2609

Here's part of the crew in their "In a Mirror Darkly" TOS uniforms.
http://www.trektoy.c...t...ge&img=2610

And some non-Enterprise figures...
http://www.trektoy.c...t...ge&img=2611

Hey,

That M'Ress is looking good. Did you cast that from some other figure or is that sculpted?

Take care,
Matty-lad

#19 Fat Valentino

Fat Valentino

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Custom Ships and Playsets

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (Matty-lad @ Jan 19 2012, 05:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey,

That M'Ress is looking good. Did you cast that from some other figure or is that sculpted?

Take care,
Matty-lad

M'Ress is a casting made from a McDonalds Barbie face and the Uhura uniform, with fur, long hair, and ears sculpted in modeling clay.

#20 dukeman3ca

dukeman3ca

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

So we're the seaquest figures from playmates as well? And we're they the same as the trek figures?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users