• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:56 PM

Last, but certainly not least...the crew of the NX-01.

1. Thoughts on cancellation?
2. Fave characters?
3. theme music???

#2 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:00 PM

1. I was really disappointed that it was canceled. I think it was finally coming into its own, but the fans couldn't be convinced.

2. Phlox and T'Pol

3. I personally liked the original theme music more. In fact, after TMP theme with the long intro and DS9 with the heavy drum, it is my third favorite intro theme.

#3 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:01 PM

1. I wish it would have lasted longer. It was really starting to get good.

2. Trip and Archer

3. It was our first dance song at our wedding.

#4 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:16 PM

I still have a lot of Enterprise to watch thankfully....though I'm sure I will be very bummed when I finally see the last episode....knowing there are no more seasons to come.

I really liked all the characters. Did they do anything much with Hoshi & Travis in the last few seasons?

#5 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:19 PM

The thing that sucked about the finale is that they leave A LOT to the imagination about the Federation and one other thing that is too big to spoil for you.

#6 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 09:30 AM

1.) It definitely should have been able to realize its full potential, but the relaunch books are amazing. (reading The Good That Men Do right now)
2.) Reed, Trip and Phlox
3.) I love the theme music. It almost brings me to tears whenever I see/hear it and see how far our aerospace program has come. It's simply awe inspiring.

#7 DST Trek Collector

DST Trek Collector

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 01:04 PM

1. I was sad when it was cancelled. I thought it was good from the start, with a few exception episodes. I felt all of the seasons had a few good ones, and i enjoyed season 3.
2. I would have to say Archer, and Trip. Sometimes Reed.
3. I loved the theme music! I would always sing along to it when it came on (please don't laugh at me).

#8 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 23 March 2007 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Mar 22 2007, 10:19 PM) View Post
The thing that sucked about the finale is that they leave A LOT to the imagination about the Federation and one other thing that is too big to spoil for you.

Please! I LOVED the finale because it was great to see Troi and Riker again and to hear Data's voice talking to Troi! LOVED IT!

#9 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE(Chalksquared @ Mar 23 2007, 10:47 PM) View Post
Please! I LOVED the finale because it was great to see Troi and Riker again and to hear Data's voice talking to Troi! LOVED IT!

I didn't say the finale sucked, I said 'what sucked about the finale was ...' I think it was a good story, but there were some things that could have been flushed out better and one thing that never should have been done. If they had given Enterprise a proper two-hour finale, maybe they coulda made it excellent.

#10 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Props, uniforms, 9" clothed figures

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Mar 24 2007, 04:27 PM) View Post
I didn't say the finale sucked

Then let me say it!
Instead of silly Troy and stupid Riker, it should have ended with Chekov and Sulu in an experimental holodeck on the USS Excelsior. That way it would have gone full circle. The way it was however, it felt as silly as any TNG episode, with the ENT characters as guests of the week.

#11 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 10:06 AM

I'm forced to agree with the good Captain here. I thought the finale was the worst Trek episode I've ever seen, period. I actually found it more offensive than anything.

#12 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Props, uniforms, 9" clothed figures

Posted 24 March 2007 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE(Stormfury_Echo @ Mar 24 2007, 05:06 PM) View Post
I'm forced to agree with the good Captain here. I thought the finale was the worst Trek episode I've ever seen, period. I actually found it more offensive than anything.

Someone actually agrees with me? I must be getting old! wink.gif

#13 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE(Stormfury_Echo @ Mar 25 2007, 02:06 AM) View Post

Now now....you forget TNG's 'Shades of Grey' laugh.gif

Slayer, I know what happens with Trip in the last episode. That was a bugger of a thing to do.

#14 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Mar 24 2007, 10:27 PM) View Post
Now now....you forget TNG's 'Shades of Grey' laugh.gif
Slayer, I know what happens with Trip in the last episode. That was a bugger of a thing to do.

I was trying to be coy without ruining the ending for anyone. wink.gif

#15 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 25 March 2007 - 10:09 PM

I liked the crew a lot on this show. I didnt understand why the writers went to the trouble of building a relationship between Trip and T'Pol and just left it die. It didnt make any sense. The last two seasons were great Trek. Season 3 really changed the acceptable Starfleet protocol and I liked the hard edge. It was a shame to see the series come crashing to a halt. I know the last season was so good because they decided to just blow whatever good ideas they had and go out with a bang. The best episode here was definately In a Mirror Darkly because it set the mirror universe back to what it should be about. DS9 basically killed the whole concept and was just absolutley horrible in how it went about killing such a great idea.

#16 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 10:45 PM

1. I wish it could have lasted at least one more season. It took waaaay to long to finally find it's voice, but season 4 definately showed the potential of what it could have been. It's a shame it took it THAT long to get there.

2. Favorite character is DEFINATELY Trip Tucker (favorite male character in all of Trekdom). I also liked Hoshi in season 4, once we finally got some meat added to her character and role on the ship. T'Pol was a great character as well.

3. Ugh...It wasn't my favorite decision to have a non-orchestral theme to a Trek series, but I understood their logic in the decision to do it. I honestly like Russel Watson's version of that song and it did grow on me.

#17 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 04:55 PM

Last night on the Sci-Fi sector here in Oz they played the Mirror Enterprise episodes!!!

Well, they played the first one last week, then last night was when Hoshi became Empress....how many more episodes are part of this storyline??

It is very cool. Awesome to see Arhcer, T'Pol & the crew in TOS uniforms.
Especially good to see Travis in one! tongue.gif

It is a shame they will not be able to make these in action figure form....unless they want to either make TOS bodies in the larger scale, or make smaller heads for some Enterprise versions...I'm sure either way, people wouldn't be too happy. I would be fine with them in the TOS scale.

Oh yeah, I also noticed a new theme song!!! at what point did they give the original one the boot?

#18 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 07:06 PM

I miss Enterprise.

#19 pickard

pickard

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Apr 29 2007, 06:55 PM) View Post
Well, they played the first one last week, then last night was when Hoshi became Empress....how many more episodes are part of this storyline??

IIRC, none. That story ends with her ascent to Empress.
Oh yeah, I also noticed a new theme song!!! at what point did they give the original one the boot?

They didn't. The Mirror episodes got their own Mirror opening.

1. I tuned out of ENT during the 2nd season (me and the majority of viewers). I returned early in the third season and was hooked. You can't blame fans for not coming back when the quality improved. It's very, very hard to get folks to re-sample a show. It's hard enough getting them to try it once, especially with so many viewing options. When the 4th season got going, and I was loving the show like nothing before, I couldn't get anyone to watch, because we all knew it was going to be canceled anyway.

2. Trip.

3. I didn't mind the song. I like the graphics of the opening very much.

Bernsie, not every subject is an opportunity for bashing TNG. I would otherwise agree with your opinion on the final episode, but you don't make it easy.

You've admitted previously that it was the early TNG that turned you off and that there was good TNG in later seasons. Statements like "silly as any TNG episode" don't make sense in that context. We get it; you don't like TNG. You don't have to remind us in every sentence. We're not going to forget.

Worst Trek episode? That's personal opinion, but I think people are forgetting "And the Children Shall Lead", "Spock's Brain", "Shades of Grey","Genesis", "Take Me out to the Holosuites", "11:59" and a few other Trek lowpoints.

#20 pickard

pickard

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE(thehsbr @ Mar 26 2007, 12:09 AM) View Post
DS9 basically killed the whole concept and was just absolutley horrible in how it went about killing such a great idea.

Agreed. I think that, in many ways, DS9 was the best Trek, but the Mirror episodes did nothing for me. (OK, I liked the Intendant, but that was it. biggrin.gif )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users