87 replies to this topic

#21 Mr Troi

Mr Troi

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Feb 14 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Besides... she's part of the BaBa wave 2... so wave 2 looks to be Locutus, Silver 7 and the Queen thus far...

I believe there is another generic drone for wave 2.

#22 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:22 PM

But... she's not nor never been Borg!

#23 Mr Troi

Mr Troi

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Feb 14 2009, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But... she's not nor never been Borg!

Chuck said the Borg series would include Borg & Borg related characters... Gunian's world was destroyed by the Borg, I don't think it's too far a leap to think she couldn't be included in a Borg series.

#24 Kassle

Kassle

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:29 PM

Not sure that I see how Silver 7 of 9 is taking a spot that could've been Guinan's...

Why on earth would Guinan be included in a Borg wave? There are numerous others with much stronger ties to the Borg/Borg eppies: Cmdr. Shelby, Lt. Hawk, Hugh Borg, Lore, Borgified Janeway, etc.

#25 Mr Troi

Mr Troi

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (Kassle @ Feb 14 2009, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure that I see how Silver 7 of 9 is taking a spot that could've been Guinan's...

Why on earth would Guinan be included in a Borg wave? There are numerous others with much stronger ties to the Borg/Borg eppies: Cmdr. Shelby, Lt. Hawk, Hugh Borg, Lore, Borgified Janeway, etc.

Look, I realize all this is totally my opinion, but Guinan has been a long requested figure and does have ties to the Borg. All i'm saying is that this would have been a good opportunity to finally make her.

#26 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:48 PM

Oh Geez.... 1st season green Kirk, Short Sleeved McCoy, AND Balance of Terror Commander.... so much that I've been waiting so long for.. (and I'm glad Chapel fans are finally getting what they wanted).

Now that they have a Mark Lenard sculpt, they better make Sarek at some point.

#27 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:51 PM

Ok, I understand now. you want Guinan to be part of the Borg wave.

I get that you want the character. I just don't think this would be the wave to do it.

If it were me, I'd replace the "Drones" the Locutus, and the repaint 7 with the VOY Borg version of B'Elanna, Tuvok & Janeway from the Unimatrix Zero Story. That would keep it more on theme, and get us more actual VOY characters, albeit "Borgafied"

#28 Mr Troi

Mr Troi

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Feb 14 2009, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, I understand now. you want Guinan to be part of the Borg wave.

I get that you want the character. I just don't think this would be the wave to do it.

If it were me, I'd replace the "Drones" the Locutus, and the repaint 7 with the VOY Borg version of B'Elanna, Tuvok & Janeway from the Unimatrix Zero Story. That would keep it more on theme, and get us more actual VOY characters, albeit "Borgafied"

It's not that I specifically want her in a Borg wave,I just think it was our best shot of getting her made. Every time I read the Q & A's I'm more convinced this (the Borg waves) are the last of 24th century Trek that we'll see. I'm not a TOS fan, so this new stuff, while it looks great, is not for me.

#29 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:22 PM

I can understand the Guinan requests, but the biggest hole not seen on DS9 front is the absence of Quark. He was in the credits in the front of the show, not showing as a guest star at the end credits.

#30 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (Mr Troi @ Feb 14 2009, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not that I specifically want her in a Borg wave,I just think it was our best shot of getting her made. Every time I read the Q & A's I'm more convinced this (the Borg waves) are the last of 24th century Trek that we'll see. I'm not a TOS fan, so this new stuff, while it looks great, is not for me.

Well, in the last Q&A, they said this...

QUOTE ("DSTChuck")
We

#31 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:31 PM

Actually the silver 7 requires a new scuplt because she is shown with the high neck collar. The Maroon 7 has the low neckline. In effect this would be the second 7 scuplt that we get.

#32 Kassle

Kassle

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:26 PM

Well, in terms of true series regulars, here is who is missing:

TOS:
Chapel (on deck to be produced!)

TNG:
Tasha Yar
Katherine Pulaski

DS9:
Quark
Jake Sisko

VOYAGER:
Kathryn Janeway
Chakotay
Tuvok
B'Elanna Torres
Tom Paris
Harry Kim
Seven of Nine (on deck!)
Kes
Neelix
The Doc

There are many other wonderful recurring characters, I'd love to see, but the above folks are the only true series regulars, and they really should be MUSTS for DST (although I don't give a hoot about Jake personally).

Other characters who had large recurring arcs:

TOS:
Janice Rand (8 episodes + 1 VOY ep + 4 films)

TNG:
Guinan (28 episodes + 2 films)
Alexander Rohzenko (8 episodes + 3 DS9 eps)
Lwaxana Troi (6 episodes + 3 DS9 eps)

DS9 (it gets crazy here):
Nog (47 episodes)
Rom (37 episodes)
Garak (37 episodes)
Dukat (35 episodes - on deck!)
Weyoun (32 episodes)
Keiko O'Brien (19 episodes + 8 TNG eps)
Martok (27 episodes)
Damar (23 episodes)
Leeta (17 episodes)
Kasidy Yates (15 episodes)
Female Founder (15 episodes)
Kai Winn (14 episodes)
Tora Ziyal (9 episodes)
Gowron (7 episodes + 4 TNG eps)

VOY:
Seska (13 episodes)

Okay. I'm tired. But I'm sure there are others who had a lenghty tenure on one of these shows or another. wink.gif

#33 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (Kassle @ Feb 14 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Before this thread gets out of hand with these lists again, let me say this is about the best I've seen smile.gif

I'm very happy to see DST putting more effort than they let on earlier into Trek! That said, hopefully they pay attention to those little release dates at the bottom of the tags. wink.gif

#34 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:00 PM

At the end of the day the TOS figures do look great, my only concern about them is that we will never see the Salt Vampire and Chapel will use an Uhura body or body parts instead of a new sculpt and a little niggle is that the Romulan Commander and Romulan Kirk use the same body - i hate when they can't be bothered to pay for a new sculpt!! grr lol, The WOK Communicator just looks amazing and the Enterprise D looks pretty cool too. The UQS still look pretty awful and it seems DST is completely done with DS9 for now (never say never). The Borg figures, well, personally i think they look pretty awful as a whole with some stand alone good figures - The Locutus of Borg figure looks terrible - they could have done a much better job since the facial sculpt isn't that bad - since it's a scan of Patrick Stewart - but the body well, it looks cheap. both of the 7of9's looks really good though and the borg drones look cool but the half borg human looks rubbish - since it's yet another data/sisko/bashire/O'brian/TMP Kirk/TMP Spock body - chuck must really love that body.

I really hope that Data mould gets destroyed or lost.

#35 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (New Frontier @ Feb 14 2009, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
a little niggle is that the Romulan Commander and Romulan Kirk use the same body

Ok... little culture gap here... I understand what your saying from context, but what's a "Niggle"??

QUOTE (New Frontier @ Feb 14 2009, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the borg drones look cool but the half borg human looks rubbish - since it's yet another data/sisko/bashire/O'brian/TMP Kirk/TMP Spock body - chuck must really love that body.

I really hope that Data mould gets destroyed or lost.

Technically, the Sisko DS9 mold (the lower leg in particular) is not the same as the Data TNG mold... I already showed that they are different, but I get the point. They are all the same basic sculpt / Body that is used and re-used.

And yeah, I really like the idea of the Borg set, but I really don't want to buy a bunch of Drones and another Locutus just to build the alcove, but it is what it is. If I want the Alcove I have to buy them right?

#36 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:33 PM

Wow, I'm absolutely ecstatic that we're getting Chapel! No complaints here about anything shown, it all looks great. I was extremely surprised to see the Romulan figure!

Also surprising is all the accessories they made for Dukat.

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Feb 14 2009, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG! If I actually get a Nurse chapel I'll have to find a new organization to be a "Card Cary'in Member of"!

There's always TMP Chapel, and/or TVH Chapel. wink.gif

#37 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (Kassle @ Feb 14 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

TOS:
Chapel (on deck to be produced!)

Minor quibble: Chapel was never a "true series regular". She appeared in less than a third of the episodes.

#38 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (pickard @ Feb 14 2009, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Minor quibble: IMO, Chapel was never a "true series regular". She appeared in less than a third of the episodes.

Fixed! tongue.gif

#39 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 05:59 PM

No words can express.

Many years it has been, many many years....but the wait is over.

NURSE FREAKIN CHAPEL BIOTCHES!!

djparty.gif

#40 X-Ray

X-Ray

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:27 PM

This is a fantastic line up. I'm in disbelief. Short Sleeve McCoy, Chapel, Romulan Commander? This is fantastic!

Yeah there's still a lot of Kirk and Spock, but they're Kirk's and Spock's that I would want so it's all good with me!

You've won me over today DST now please deliver on them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users