Marek

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:27 AM

First images from NY ToyFair 2009.

Check it out ...

http://74.52.193.82/...e...0&g2_page=4

Do I buy the WOK Phaser and then wait for the communicator or do I wait for the two pack...or both !!
Why has there been no improvement to the Borg Queen since we first saw her?

#2 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:33 AM

Chapel! Short Sleeved McCoy, Kirk in 1st season green attire. Mark Lenard from Balance of Terror! Silver 7!.........

#3 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:35 AM

Romulan Kirk! Salt Vampire (though not shown)! Mirror Mirror Chair!! It's a Trek Christmas!!!

#4 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:03 AM

Dude! My head just exploded! The TOS stuff is fantastic! The casual Kirk has an AMAZING new Kirk head sculpt! Looks like the Romulan Kirk & Spock 2 pack has a new head on Spock as well...

SO much greatness....and if these sell well, I'm hopeful that we'll see more TOS in the future...

Sallah

#5 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:07 AM

wow....i think they are really going to satisfy their Tos fans with this offering. the romulans look superb! Chapel looks awesome too! And thank you for the silver 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

#6 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:29 AM

Sadly, huh.gif huh.gif still MIA is Quark....

I see a great Sarek custom from some talented people in the future.

#7 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:29 AM

I was just about to post the link, I caught this over at the Minimate forum and definitely happy about some of the character choices. I just hope we see these soon and there aren't any cancellations or delays. That Romulan and Romulan Kirk are pretty sweet, not to mention seeing the hint of short sleeved Bones and Chapel. Maybe DST is listening to fans a bit more and reading the boards more than we think unsure.gif

#8 pickard

pickard

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:12 AM

Romulan Kirk & Spock 2-pack? Why? A new figure in an interesting variation, along with a figure they've release several times, one that's on the shelves of TRU right now? Even when they show us interesting things, DST pulls a move like this.

I know we've seen it before, but that Gowron looks great.

Chapel and McCoy looks like a great set. I was just saying to Don the other night that I'd love to see DST offer that 2-pack. First of all, that's a great way to make some of the Chapel fans on this board happy. Secondly, I'd like to have the McCoy as variety for my TOS display. (Though he looks like he's got a bit of the monkey arm thing going on there. )

I'm scared that DST is going to release a million variations on Seven. Mostly, my fear is tied to knowing that I won't have the self-control to resist buying them all. tongue.gif

#9 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:15 AM

WOW now those TOS figures do look fantastic, i hope they don't skimp on a new Chapel body and resort to using Uhura's legs and arms??

Salt Vamps will be a definite but they all look very promising!

#10 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:27 AM

Hey if it takes me buying another spock to get a Romulan Kirk so be it. Look at it as a convention figure thats $25.00 and if you noticed it looks like the Spock head is a new scuplt or at the very least has a new expression with the raised eyebrow. Chapel will almost certainly reuse the Uhura legs/arms. I see no real reason not to because those were really well done. As for the Sevens....bring them on!! Right now we all have to accept that TOS is in the spotlight and that is what we are going to get. Im happy to see all of these figures made because this is really going to round out the old AA TOS collection.

#11 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:32 AM

OMG! If I actually get a Nurse chapel I'll have to find a new organization to be a "Card Cary'in Member of"!

That TWOK Communicator looks nice too!

I've been loving the Chairs, It's become a nice way to display the crew around!

#12 pickard

pickard

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:33 AM

Why not reuse the Uhura body?

The Romulan Kirk looks nice, but, to me, it's not worth $25+shipping.

Why does the ST3/4 phaser have a brown handle? http://74.52.193.82/...2_itemId=124825 I know that for TNG they wrapped the handle with leather, but that seems strange to me for that figure.

I could NOT be more excited for that TWOK communicator. No one's ever made one of those, to my recollection. That is AWESOME!!!

#13 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE (pickard @ Feb 14 2009, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why not reuse the Uhura body?

Too short.

but even if DST just made some longer Thigh Bits, It will look odd as her Torso really needs to be longer.

That proto torso looks like they took the Uhura Mold and carved out a few more parts.

I'd really like a new stance though....

We have Uhura, MM Uhura, MM Marlena, and T&T Dax all using the same basic stance and body style. It's enough already IMO.

Well, heck...

Here's a WIP where I've gone and lengthened the legs on an Uhura TOS basic body. Decide for yourselves if you think it's just a bit off for a Chapel!

#14 Mr Troi

Mr Troi

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:51 AM

To be honest, I'm kinda disappointed with the Silver 7 of 9. Don't get me wrong, it's a great looking figure, but DST could easily sell her by other means. That slot could have been used for Guinan, it would have been the perfect oppurtunity to work her into the line.

#15 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:56 AM

Yeah, but this doesn't cost DST any money to develop! they just paint her a different color and you have a variant.

We all knew this would be the case with 7.

#16 Mr Troi

Mr Troi

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Feb 14 2009, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, but this doesn't cost DST any money to develop! they just paint her a different color and you have a variant.

We all knew this would be the case with 7.

Yes, Yes we all know how DST likes to be cheap with Trek. This would have been a great way to justify the tooling costs to make her. I have no problem with 7 of 9 variants, and I'm sure they will be more. Probably in 2 pk with another Kirk. biggrin.gif

#17 Hermey the Elf

Hermey the Elf

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:10 PM

Awesome lineup at Toy Fair. I'm especially stoked about the TOS tricorders (all versions!!), Nurse Christine Chapel, Mark Lenard's Romulan commander, Romulan Kirk, Salt Vampire, McCoy in short sleeve tunic, and 1701-D.

#18 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:12 PM

Glad to see more TOS figures coming out, especially the Kirk/Spock two packs. The Spock with the arched eyebrow is neat! I like that we are getting Romulans finally. Its a given that a Sarek figure cant be far off now knowing how DST capitalizes with several versions of everything. I am happy with this years showing TOS wise. Between this and the new movie stuff, i need a second job.

#19 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:14 PM

I'm not following you on how to "justify" tooling cost to make Guinan...

Doesn't it cost whatever it's going to to develop the figure and make the tooling? Either DST thinks they can sell enough Guinan's to make it cost out or they don't... right?

What am I missing?

Besides... she's part of the BaBa wave 2... so wave 2 looks to be Locutus, Silver 7 and the Queen thus far...

#20 Mr Troi

Mr Troi

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Feb 14 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not following you on how to "justify" tooling cost to make Guinan...

Doesn't it cost whatever it's going to to develop the figure and make the tooling? Either DST thinks they can sell enough Guinan's to make it cost out or they don't... right?

What am I missing?

In my opinion, the Borg series was the best chance to have Guinan made, as most of us are going to buy complete set(s). It may not cost out selling her at random or in a two pk, but in a series like this where you would have to buy her to complete the alcove would, I would think, justify the expense of making her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users