• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 08:55 AM

I thought I would post about this kit I'm working on. This is an EM-33 from Enterprise. This one being painted in the Maco color version. The Enterprise crew version is the same colors just they reversed the colors.

The kit as I recieved it.

If you look close you can see a groove all the way around where the two side were placed together. I have that filled in and ready to smooth out.

I think that the groove really should be there but I wanted to remove it for some reason. It's one of those things that in the long run won't make a huge difference but I wanted to do it anyway.

The body seam was filled, sanded, and then hit with primer. This was lightly sanded and the body color was put on. I also have about 50% of the body parts ready to put on.

I could not find the Classic Grey so after looking what seemed forever I found this Rust-Oleum in 7581 Lt. Machine Grey. I have never seen a finished EM-33 in Classic Grey but I think that this color should be very close. It's a touch on the light side of grey and has just a small dash of a green to it. Not enough green that you would notice unless you were looking for it.

Here are two photos of the 5 main body parts painted in black. I only have a few hours a week that I can really spend on something like this so, it takes a while for me to get something with all these parts done. I would guess that this is all I will be getting done this week so until next weekend, enjoy. Oh I used a Krylon simi-flat black paint for these parts.

#2 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:06 AM

Thanks for sharing, FHC. Please keep us updated. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

#3 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 04:34 PM

THis is what all the pieces I have done so far looks like when put together.

#4 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 04:46 PM

That is looking pretty nice. Makes me want to get into prop building.

#5 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 07:00 PM

I find that I enjoy it a great deal. There are a great many kits out there to build and that do not cost a great deal to buy.

#6 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 10:29 PM

Looking good, FHC. Is that a kit from the guys doing the TOS midgrade kit? I'm thinking about getting one from them.

#7 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 06:20 PM

I picked that one up from Kev through the Trek Prop Zone.com

#8 Bender23

Bender23

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 07:16 PM

FHC, that looks great!

#9 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 07:34 PM

Maybe i didnt see enough Enterprise episodes, but i dont ever remember seeing this weapon used on the show. I thought that they has laser pistols that looked like they were made by Black & Decker.

#10 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE(VulcanFanatic @ Sep 26 2006, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe i didnt see enough Enterprise episodes, but i dont ever remember seeing this weapon used on the show. I thought that they has laser pistols that looked like they were made by Black & Decker.

Enterprise crewmembers were armed with phase pistols: http://www.phasers.net/2150/phasep.htm

MACOs on the Enterprise, and other Starfleet and civilians used the older EM-33 plasma pistol: http://www.phasers.net/2150/em33.htm

#11 DeepSix

DeepSix

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 08:58 PM

Well, I definitely want one of those.

#12 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 02:48 PM

I saw a couple of these on ebay for around $40 to $50 bucks. Is that a good price? I also saw Mal's gun from firefly and have to say that it is pretty awesome. Maybe I can find that one for a decent price somewhere.

#13 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 06:59 PM

40 to 50 is not a bad price but I bet the piece that your seeing is a recast piece. If you want, I will see how much one of these is from the guy that molded mine. Let me know by PM if your interested.

#14 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 10:54 PM

FHC, You mean propfixs Kev, right? If so, it's one made by Phaserfetish, who is also doing that great TOS midgrade. I'm probably going to get one from him soon. He charges around $70 for one, BTW, which is a great price for a kit that is a first geneeration cast from an original prop (which these are).

#15 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 03:47 AM

You are right on all accounts.

#16 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 08:00 PM

Well I made a little ground today. Sorry for the somewhat poor photo (looks way to dark) I had to use a flash still, it looks kind of cool. I hope to get a chance to work on it some more this weekend.

#17 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 07:49 PM

All most there. I will have it done Sunday.

#18 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 08:26 PM

Here it is all done except for the very front. I think that I am going to cut a piece of black screen wire and place it in there after I paint the area black. Note the back of the grip with no ridge. biggrin.gif

#19 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 10:18 PM

And your wife thought you were doing your homework but you were goofing off with this thing the whole time. lol.

#20 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 05:00 AM

It has taken me a month to get this done. tongue.gif I should have taken 4 hours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users