#21 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Mar 13 2007, 03:32 PM)  

They are coming alot sooner than I expected too. biggrin.gif

Yeah, I don't know if their release dates are true. I say that because the 24 Jack Bauer by McFarlane is slated to be out in the fall, but they say July. Plus, the tags from DST (at ToyFair) said Atlantis were coming out in September, but again fp says mid-July. huh.gif
I'm guessing that this could be the date that they get solicited?

#22 DrHoward

DrHoward

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 01:09 AM

Yeah, I wouldn't put too much stock in what FP says; they're frquently wrong on a lot of things, plus they appear to just lift whatever photos from other sites. I ordered several "Superman Returns" items from them last summer, and NONE of them came out at the time listed. They've been wrong on ST figure dates as well.

I believe Samwise is right, that's probably the solicitation date.

#23 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:53 AM

I was thinking that too. It was just cool to see a date listed for these figures somewhere. The add also said license pending which could mean they won't be out for quite awhile. Whenever they come out I will be putting in my order for all of them.

#24 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE(FHC @ Mar 1 2007, 04:24 AM)  
Not a fan of the 2" mini, but to be honest, if I wanted some I have no idea who is even selling them.

I'm not sure if your area has Suncoast or FYE, but they are selling this kick butt Modern Cylon 5 pack. Other than that, I think it's between them and comic/specialty shops Mark wink.gif Sorry I missed this, is there anyone in our forum who is going to or collects the BSG Minimates other than Ady and I? Just curious, since this line seems to be looking pretty good so far biggrin.gif Like everyone else, I was looking forward to the vehicles, as well as the classic series. But it looks like these have been put on the back burner for the moment according to sources. The figures are looking pretty good as well, hope these do well for DST, as I would love to see more.

#25 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:26 PM

No one on line is selling these?

#26 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 19 March 2007 - 07:10 PM

Yep, Stuckakid, AFX, Forbidden Planet for our UK members. Not to mention various other places online, just google Battlestar Galactica Minimates and viola'. I would think that you might have some local shops in your area though Mark, who might appreciate the support wink.gif But with your busy schedule, I can understand ordering online. The nice thing about these is there isn't a blind packaging, you actually get to see the figrure you are buying biggrin.gif

#27 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:04 PM

Time and Space Toys as well.

#28 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE(The_Donster @ Mar 19 2007, 07:15 PM)  
Sorry I missed this, is there anyone in our forum who is going to or collects the BSG Minimates other than Ady and I? Just curious, since this line seems to be looking pretty good so far biggrin.gif

I sure will. smile.gif
I have the Cylons but am waiting for my comic shop to get in wave 1.

Oh, and there is news on wave one of the figures as well! biggrin.gif
Apparently, they will have more articulation than the protos at ToyFair and wave 1 will consist of-

Apollo
Six
Hot Dog
Chief (SDCC exclusive)
Helo
Anders
Caprica Six

Here's the source: (last post)
http://www.actionfig...opic.php?t=5861

#29 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:19 AM

I could have sworn that Series 1 of the BSG Minimates was already out Samwise, didn't that come out last Wednesday? I could have swore I read that over in another forum? Guess I need to get off my lazy butt and check out my local shops tomorrow or Wednesday laugh.gif

#30 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:19 AM

Oh, and there is news on wave one of the figures as well! biggrin.gif
Apparently, they will have more articulation than the protos at ToyFair and wave 1 will consist of-

Apollo
Six
Hot Dog
Chief (SDCC exclusive)
Helo
Anders
Caprica Six

Yeah if you looked at the concept art pictures that were displayed it showed the points of articulation and the are just like series two of the Stargate figures (that means thay have knee articulation YAY!!!!). As for the line up for wave one it has been said in another article (can't find it right now) that all of the characters metioned above will not be in the first release but are just planned for future waves and that the person talking to DST at the toyfare misunderstood what they said. I guess we will just have to wait and see. But I highly doubt that DST is going to relase all of those figures at the same time. The only ones that I have seen mentioned in any of the action figure magazines and official releases are Apollo, Chief and Six.

#31 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Mar 20 2007, 10:19 AM)  
As for the line up for wave one it has been said in another article (can't find it right now) that all of the characters metioned above will not be in the first release but are just planned for future waves and that the person talking to DST at the toyfare misunderstood what they said. I guess we will just have to wait and see. But I highly doubt that DST is going to relase all of those figures at the same time. The only ones that I have seen mentioned in any of the action figure magazines and official releases are Apollo, Chief and Six.

I remember the article as well, but this info came from someone talking to DST at the WWLA that just happened. smile.gif

#32 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE(The_Donster @ Mar 20 2007, 02:19 AM)  
I could have sworn that Series 1 of the BSG Minimates was already out Samwise, didn't that come out last Wednesday? I could have swore I read that over in another forum? Guess I need to get off my lazy butt and check out my local shops tomorrow or Wednesday laugh.gif

Yes, you are correct, they did come out already but for some reason mine hasn't received theirs yet. sad.gif

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Mar 20 2007, 10:19 AM)  
As for the line up for wave one it has been said in another article (can't find it right now) that all of the characters metioned above will not be in the first release but are just planned for future waves and that the person talking to DST at the toyfare misunderstood what they said. I guess we will just have to wait and see. But I highly doubt that DST is going to relase all of those figures at the same time. The only ones that I have seen mentioned in any of the action figure magazines and official releases are Apollo, Chief and Six.

I remember the article as well, but this info came from someone who talked to DST at the WWLA that just happened. smile.gif

#33 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:51 PM

That would be awesome if they do all of those characters for series 1. I plan on getting them all no matter how they relase them. I just have trouble beleiving that DST is going to release them all at one time. But We will see. Any way we can get them, right? biggrin.gif

#34 DrHoward

DrHoward

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 11:48 PM

I just wish they'd hurry up and make an official announcement about who and when! I really want these!

But yeah, I can't believe they'd really release that many in one wave, either. Unless they're trying to get as many characters out as they can before the show ends.

#35 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE(DrHoward @ Mar 21 2007, 12:48 AM)  
Unless they're trying to get as many characters out as they can before the show ends.

I don't know that hasn't realy stopped them as far as Buffy and Trek goes. I think if the sales are good they will make them for a while and we could see quite a few character get made well after the show ends.

#36 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 03:54 PM

I was just reading my new issue of ToyFare and they have the first series line up as:
Six
Apollo
Hot Dog (short packed)

And they list Chief as being a DST exclusive.

I am betting that Chief will be a summer Con exclusive.

#37 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:55 PM

Could just be a Previews exclusive as well.

#38 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 07:56 AM

/\ /\ /\ Yeah, you could be right about that. I always forget about the previews stuff. I will bet that we will get a con exclusive from one of those figure though. Probably someone in the undershirt (Apollo or Chief).

#39 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 11:36 AM

YEESSS!!!
DST has just confirmed in the latest E-spectrum that wave 1 will consist of 7 characters!!! So, it sounds like the WWLA report is true. I can't wait to see if Anders looks as good as John Sheppard form Atlantis. smile.gif

#40 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:13 PM

Holy Cow!!!! That is completly unexpected but awesome. Now I wonder who they are all going to be. It said 5 males and 2 females. here is what we know so far.

1. Apollo
2. Chief
3. Six
4. Hot Dog
5 Anders
6. Helo
7.?

Who is the second Female though???
I am guessing either Starbuck or Boomer (Athena)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users