Photo

New Enterprise E

• Please log in to reply
1324 replies to this topic

#1081 Guest_user897_*

Guest_user897_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

Thanks for sharing the pictures. That is definitely a genuine error. Hopefully there is a corrected toy in your futre!

#1082 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (user897 @ Mar 7 2013, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for sharing the pictures. That is definitely a genuine error. Hopefully there is a corrected toy in your futre!

You're welcome, User897. I had a feeling that this was a legitimate fluke, but I wasn't sure if anyone else had the same issue or not, hence why I asked about it. And yes, I hope that there's a corrected ship in my futre are well. wink.gif

Speaking of that typo, I think I figured out why it irked me. Unlike a typo on a message board or Facebook, this is a typo that's printed (in rather large text I might add) on a professionally packaged item. Likewise, DST's graphic design team is supposedly located stateside, so I tend to expect that they'll catch typos in their work when they proofread it. (For reference, when I import things from Japan, I don't hold Japanese graphic designers who include English text on their work to the same standard, because I understand that English probably isn't their primary language.) I think that the icing on the cake though was that the typo was in the word "future," and the packaging was for an item from Star Trek, a series that's set in the future. rolleyes.gif It kind of reminds me of the Peanuts special when Charlie Brown is asked to spell "beagle," and responds "B

#1083 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:45 AM

You know that patteren being gone, might make that a rare one? Mine is fine has it.

#1084 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:57 AM

I'm a Senior Art Director for a large RC hobby company, and one of the things we do is packaging. It's all stateside, and believe me... errors can still happen even if you have 10 people looking at it, including a proof reader. We're never happy about it, but it's one of those things that's bound to happen. I remember one time we had a product called "Warkhawk" and the box went out with "Warkhawk" in HUGE letters on the packaging!

#1085 draconisokami200485

draconisokami200485

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (FHC @ Mar 8 2013, 07:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know that patteren being gone, might make that a rare one? Mine is fine has it.

I have to agree, if that happened to me, I would do my best to keep it and buy a new one for my own enjoyment. You might just be able to get at least as much money back for both ships unless you waited long enough. I don't know much about collecting, I usually buy my stuff for me and me only. lol.

#1086 DSTZach

DSTZach

I can stop I just don't want to.

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (Alex @ Mar 7 2013, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Speaking of that typo, I think I figured out why it irked me. Unlike a typo on a message board or Facebook, this is a typo that's printed (in rather large text I might add) on a professionally packaged item. Likewise, DST's graphic design team is supposedly located stateside, so I tend to expect that they'll catch typos in their work when they proofread it. (For reference, when I import things from Japan, I don't hold Japanese graphic designers who include English text on their work to the same standard, because I understand that English probably isn't their primary language.) I think that the icing on the cake though was that the typo was in the word "future," and the packaging was for an item from Star Trek, a series that's set in the future. rolleyes.gif It kind of reminds me of the Peanuts special when Charlie Brown is asked to spell "beagle," and responds "B

#1087 DSTZach

DSTZach

I can stop I just don't want to.

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE (JonWes @ Mar 8 2013, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm a Senior Art Director for a large RC hobby company, and one of the things we do is packaging. It's all stateside, and believe me... errors can still happen even if you have 10 people looking at it, including a proof reader. We're never happy about it, but it's one of those things that's bound to happen. I remember one time we had a product called "Warkhawk" and the box went out with "Warkhawk" in HUGE letters on the packaging!

...So they got it right, then? biggrin.gif

#1088 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE (DSTZach @ Mar 8 2013, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...So they got it right, then? biggrin.gif

Bwa ha ha! Well, I guess my point was just reiterated.
Ahem. It was supposed to be "Warhawk."

#1089 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

lol, I was wondering would anyone pick up on that...

And is it just me, or is everyone mis-spelling things now, to be "ironnic"?

#1090 data_2006

data_2006

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem, I bought two of them (one to keep MIB and one to display, However the one intended to keep MIB I do remove the batteries and tested it, and no matter what I tried I can not get it to use the play function (tried the reset button multiple times, refreshed the batteries you name it). Anyone an idea?

(don't get me wrong though besides the electronic trouble I really like these ships!

Pictures:

Hugh difference with 2006 release:

#1091 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

I had that problem but it ended up working in the end, I remember just flicking the switch from play to try me a couple of times and holding the bridge dome down but have you tried the reset button near the deflector dish?

#1092 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (FHC @ Mar 8 2013, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know FHC, it actually occurred to me a little while after I posted the pictures. I've thought about that a bit more over the past day or so, and I'm probably going to keep this ship just because the fluke is so unique. (Of course, the Enterprise

#1093 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

Right, quick review! Forbidden Planet had them in for

#1094 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

FPI or FP? I've heard nothing from FPI's online store. Dublin FPI called me yesterday about the BOP, but of course, I've got mine.

I'm bouncing around the room now! I'm so glad you're pleased!

#1095 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

Rocket-ship logo usually rubbish for Star Trek one! Seriously, I must've jinxed myself after posting they were rubbish the other day in the BoP thread! lol

I watched Nemesis tonight, first time in ages, with the thing in my hand all the way through.

#1096 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

Awesome!

Rocket Ship logo are the original FP, they operate the .com store.

Yellow lettering logo are Forbidden Planet Interna

EDIT:
Weird. An "internal server error" message appeared when I tried to post this message. When I hit refresh, it posted the full message below.

#1097 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

Awesome!

Rocket Ship logo are the original FP, they operate the .com store.

Yellow lettering logo are Forbidden Planet International - with a paradoxical .co.uk address! They operate the Dublin store.

They're usually a little cheaper than the .com guys, and they take Paypal, but their site isn't as well maintained, they take much longer to get stock in, and their site staff don't seem to know their arses from a hole in the wall.

But I'm poor and lack a Credit Card, so cheap and paypal is the way to go!

#1098 Guest_user897_*

Guest_user897_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

I think my post was buried, so I'll ask again....

Can someone provide me with hi-rez pictures of the copyright info on the nacelle struts? Both sides, please?

Thanks!

#1099 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:58 AM

QUOTE (user897 @ Mar 9 2013, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think my post was buried, so I'll ask again....

Can someone provide me with hi-rez pictures of the copyright info on the nacelle struts? Both sides, please?

Thanks!

#1100 Guest_user897_*

Guest_user897_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:55 AM

Thankyoo. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users