Megan Fox as "Fathom"?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 28 June 2009 - 03:27 AM

Its no secret around here that Im a big fan of Megan Fox and I just read that she's slated to play Aspen in a new Fathom movie based on Michael Turners comic book! If this comes to pass this may make up for all those DST cancellations in my life!

#2 NCC-1701

NCC-1701

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 05:54 AM

Wow! Now, that would be a MUST see for me. Megan Fox is a FOX.

I hope that they also choose her for Wonder Woman (if that movie ever gets off the ground).

#3 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:44 AM

#4 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:57 AM

Yeah, I heard some rumblings about this and think she'd do a good job. When it comes to WW, I can see her as Donna Troy aka Wonder Girl before I saw her as WW (Sorry Sybeck). Honestly though, I think the DC movies need to go back to picking literal unknowns or actors that at least fit the characters parameters. Lately they've been doing the flavor of the month and it's bitten them in the butt, whether it was the actor or directors. Come to think of it, Marvel did that with a few of their lesser successful movies.

#5 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:49 AM

I heard the Wonder Woman was only fan speculation.

#6 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:59 AM

Your right

http://www.bild.de/B...an-is-lame.html

Transformers' star Megan Fox has spoken frankly of her dislike of Wonder Woman, branding the superhero "lame". With expectations running high that Fox may be offered the iconic role of Lara Croft in a planned remake, the actress made it clear that she would not be interested in starring in a Wonder Woman movie. She said:

#7 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:19 AM

As senior moderator, and because Andy started this thread and its the only way I can circumvent him even if the position doesn't really exist, I am implementing a 'No testosterone, or otherwise hormone driven' thread policy!

Seriously guys! All Fox is good for is legs, boobs, and butt. She is certainly not a good actor in any definition of the term.

I so tire of the 'put her in a movie cause she'll draw in the hornbags' mentality these days. That's right ... hornbags! I can't tell you how many comments on the net I have seen stating something to the fact that, "I am going to go see Transformers just to see Meghan Fox's _____." Its annoying.

Just the thought of her gracing the mention of the honor of playing one of the most, and probably one of the first, dynamic, strong female characters in hostory is a little dismaying to me. Especially since she has no clue what playing Wonder Woman would really mean. Her comment alone shows that she puts no thought into complexity of what the character stands for.

Not that I am against beautiful people getting roles, but certainly there are beautiful people who are TALENTED!

I am glad she would turn down the role of Wonder Woman, cause I can think of amoebas who are more worthy.

As for Fathom, I dunno what that is so I can't comment. I for one am not drawn in just because she has a fine butt ... thank God.

#8 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:52 AM

Well Im not quite sure we've had enough exposure yet to get a good idea of her acting talent. Yes she is cast because of her....fine assets but I like her even better because she is the goddess of all the nerds. She embraces comic book underdogs like Fathom and Jonah Hex, she is seen wearing Star Wars shirts about town, and I think she knows quite a good deal about nerd stuff in general (maybe even Trek).

On a side note I cant stand Wonder Woman either. Im going to make a blanket statement and say that most of the DC characters are so one dimensional and just downright boring. I tried to read Flash and Wonder Woman and they both stunk. The only DC books I read are Batman and Kyle Rayner GL (Hal stinks...sorry guys!). I too am glad that she wont be playing Wonder Woman because I think when it flops (like all DC movies not starring a guy in a Batsuit do) she wont be hurt by it....then again it didnt hurt Halle Berry at all so who knows.

As for Fathom, she is as perfect for that role as Patrick Stewart was for Professor X. Ive read the story in the comics and I think the origin story is light enough and contain enough action that she will do well in it. Im not sure if it could branch out into a franchise but who knows.

Tell me this isnt Megan Fox!!

#9 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:25 PM

Slayer, you'd probable be surprised, but she basically admitted she's not that great of an actress in a recent interview in Entertainment Weekly. It's a pretty good interview and I have a bit more respect for her now as an actress. She recognizes that she isn't going to be winning a Oscar for her performances in the TF movies, but she's paying her dues and taking steps to be a better actress too. Andy and I don't always agree, but we do this time. She's one of the few actresses that embraces her fandom and speaks her mind. I appreciate that a bit more than some of the folks that go with the grain. Sure, she's the T & A poster child, but I think she might have more potential than we've seen. Just like Jolie before her wink.gif

#10 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (The_Donster @ Jun 28 2009, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Slayer, you'd probable be surprised, but she basically admitted she's not that great of an actress in a recent interview in Entertainment Weekly. It's a pretty good interview and I have a bit more respect for her now as an actress. She recognizes that she isn't going to be winning a Oscar for her performances in the TF movies, but she's paying her dues and taking steps to be a better actress too. Andy and I don't always agree, but we do this time. She's one of the few actresses that embraces her fandom and speaks her mind. I appreciate that a bit more than some of the folks that go with the grain. Sure, she's the T & A poster child, but I think she might have more potential than we've seen. Just like Jolie before her wink.gif

I was totally thinking about the Jolie comparison as well after I read that blurb about Tomb Raider. I do look forward to see what she has in store for the future.

#11 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 02:17 PM

Well, I think that's more to do with the media comparing the 2 more than anything Andy. Although Fox also mentioned her in the interview. Do me a favor though, go back and re-read some of the newer Flash and Wonder Woman stories. I think both have writers and artists that get them. I just wish Barry would have remained dead and Wally was still the Flash.

#12 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (The_Donster @ Jun 28 2009, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I think that's more to do with the media comparing the 2 more than anything Andy. Although Fox also mentioned her in the interview. Do me a favor though, go back and re-read some of the newer Flash and Wonder Woman stories. I think both have writers and artists that get them. I just wish Barry would have remained dead and Wally was still the Flash.

Whats funny is that what I was reading. I picked up Flash after Infinate Crisis and started WW when it was relaunched. To me just not my cup of tea at all. To me the problem with DC characters are they are treated like icons and not regular humans. Its a completely different dynamic than with Marvel stuff.

#13 pickard

pickard

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (The_Donster @ Jun 28 2009, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly though, I think the DC movies need to go back to picking literal unknowns or actors that at least fit the characters parameters. Lately they've been doing the flavor of the month and it's bitten them in the butt.

Hey Don,

I agree with you that DC should cast unknowns in their lead roles, and I agree that Fox should not play WW, but I don't understand your comment about DC's recent choices.

Example(s)?

Routh was an unknown (and he was still not the problem in that movie). Bale succeeded beyond anyone's wildest ambitions.

Dan

#14 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:50 PM

I dont know I look at the successful DC movies and I see well known people. Examples: Heath Ledger, to some extent Bale, Oldman, Liam Neeson. I think you need a mix of the two between unknown and known. For bigger flicks you can get away with unknown people because people will go see them naturally. For smaller flicks like GL maybe WW, you need a healthy mix to get people interested. Once again I think Marvel has done a wonderful job casting most of their movies and I can think of very few that were not done well (Ghost Rider for instance).

#15 NCC-1701

NCC-1701

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:12 PM

Speaking of Megan Fox, Tomb Raider, and Angleina Jolie, check this out.

http://shine.yahoo.c.../#photoViewer=1

It more than about having a great body with Megan Fox, she has a really beautiful face. Her beauty even seems to overwhelm Angelina's beauty. JMHO biggrin.gif

#16 NCC-1701

NCC-1701

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ Jun 28 2009, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont know I look at the successful DC movies and I see well known people. Examples: Heath Ledger, to some extent Bale, Oldman, Liam Neeson. I think you need a mix of the two between unknown and known. For bigger flicks you can get away with unknown people because people will go see them naturally. For smaller flicks like GL maybe WW, you need a healthy mix to get people interested. Once again I think Marvel has done a wonderful job casting most of their movies and I can think of very few that were not done well (Ghost Rider for instance).

Ghost Rider was horrible! I like Nicholas Cage as an actor; as he's grown and matured from his cheesy 80s teen flicks. But, he just wasn't the Ghost Rider. At one time, he was even being considered for Superman (post Christopher Reeves). Thank god that feel through. Did anyone ever see Nick Fury? A real stinker with David Hasselhoff.

Marvel for the most part has done alright with their casting, but they had dropped the ball too. Not to step on anyone's toes here but Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane was all wrong. Kirsten is just not that pretty and has a weird peculiar face. Her eyes are so unattractive, and when she gazes at you, or looks directly into the camera, it's like run for the hills. Again, I hope that I didn't offend any of her fans here. Famke Jansen as Jean Grey was also bad IMHO. She looked like Cylop's mother, rather than a love interest. She was too old for that role.

Hollywood goes too much with the flavor of the month club, and they forget that the actors have to have some type of resemblance to the comic character; and that they have to fit the characters' demographics. A fourty something playing a twenty something is hard to sell.

#17 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:43 PM

Sorry for the late reply, life is just about to get crazy laugh.gif I agree NCC, both companies have made unwise decisions in the past. Cage just wanted to play a superhero and I don't think he cared which one. Ghost Rider was basically the Elektra script with GR rolleyes.gif Not to mention his over the top Elvis impersonation. The sad thing about that one is I drug my wife to that one and she already knew it was going to be bad tongue.gif Back to DC and going back to basics. Yes, you are correct Routh was an unknown, but Singer really was pushing that one and luckily had Donner backing him up. In all honesty, I like the movie, as well as the next one...Constantine. Which starred Keaunu, who was just coming off the success of The Matrix trilogies. Batman Begins had many well known actors and big names, same thing with the sequel. These were all actors who had some successful films before they were cast for the roles in the Dark Knight. At least with some of the Marvel selections, you knew who the actors were, but they weren't all house hold names before the movies hit. Anyway, lost my train of thought and don't know what to add to further hijack this thread biggrin.gif

#18 CanOpener1256

CanOpener1256

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:anything Star Trek, especially ship models from Art Asylum and others.

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:36 PM

Beyonce for Wonder Woman. djparty.gif nuff said!!

#19 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7&quot; Star trek action figures.

Star trek &amp; writing fan fiction.

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE (slayerone76 @ Jun 28 2009, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As senior moderator, and because Andy started this thread and its the only way I can circumvent him even if the position doesn't really exist, I am implementing a 'No testosterone, or otherwise hormone driven' thread policy!

Seriously guys! All Fox is good for is legs, boobs, and butt. She is certainly not a good actor in any definition of the term.

I so tire of the 'put her in a movie cause she'll draw in the hornbags' mentality these days. That's right ... hornbags! I can't tell you how many comments on the net I have seen stating something to the fact that, "I am going to go see Transformers just to see Meghan Fox's _____." Its annoying.

Just the thought of her gracing the mention of the honor of playing one of the most, and probably one of the first, dynamic, strong female characters in hostory is a little dismaying to me. Especially since she has no clue what playing Wonder Woman would really mean. Her comment alone shows that she puts no thought into complexity of what the character stands for.

Not that I am against beautiful people getting roles, but certainly there are beautiful people who are TALENTED!

I am glad she would turn down the role of Wonder Woman, cause I can think of amoebas who are more worthy.

As for Fathom, I dunno what that is so I can't comment. I for one am not drawn in just because she has a fine butt ... thank God.

Hallelujah!! Just when it seems that the world is full of hornbags, I see a post from a guy whose thoughts are clearly centered North of his fly and I congratulate you!

This Fox woman has looks but no class. Only the very dumbest of bimbos would "audition" for a "recurring" role by washing a Ferrari in shorts. Women who look like Fox are two-a-penny in Hollywood, one of them must at least be able to act better than this bovine moose. Next week she'll be as old hat as Jessicsa Alba. Really these women are simply biodegradable they're disposable.

#20 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:19 AM

I love how we jump on the bandwagon of "she is pretty/hot so she must not be a good actress." I think its a bit premature to be jumping to those conclusions given that we've seen her in all of 2 films and one tv series. I also find it funny that many people were saying the same of the cast for the new Trek movie "oh they are Hollywood hunks/starletts" etc, but where did those comments go? Oh thats right the same people are now praising those actors/actresses and saying they were the highlight of the film. I guess the old adage remains true.... dont judge a book by its cover.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users