Photo

Star Trek "The Motion Picture" Figures

• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

#41 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:03 PM

Thats collar not color. LOL

#42 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Feb 20 2008, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats collar not color. LOL

Oh, the collar's definitely different, and the jumpsuit has the rank/service badges on the shoulders.

In one photo, the colors looked different, but in others they're the same. Like I said, I think it was lighting.

Here's the comparison.

#43 DavAnthony

DavAnthony

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:29 PM

Kirk definatley had a lot of costume changes in that movie. I guess because he was the captain.

#44 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:07 PM

Everyone had a bunch of costume changes. I dont understand how they found the time to do so as often as they did. Did it take so long to reach V'Ger that the had breaks to get to their quarters and find a different uniform???
I think they should have had one, or two max, uniform changes in the movie and have background characters in optional uniforms...
Anyway, I am all for more TMP figures, I am sure I will be "forced to" buy them all..
Thanks DST, I am forever in your debt, literally...

#45 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:08 PM

|From the interviews Ive read/heard the actors/actresses literally had to take off the entire costume to use the facilities. Hey since its off already, I guess they just figured they'd put on a whole new cosume.

#46 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE(Matty-lad @ Feb 20 2008, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey all,

Well I found 2 of them now

http://www.trekcore..../cast_tmp01.jpg

http://www.trekcore....st_creators.jpg

Take care,
Matty-lad

Hey all,

Would anyone be overly annoyed if we get Chapel in the same outfit as the 1st picture, i.e. the same as Ilia? Just thinking it might be easier for us to get her that way.

Take care,
Matty-lad

#47 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:28 AM

Well, I really want a TOS Nurse Chapel first! in fact that's what my sub-nic says!

<-----

So I'd be a bit miffed if we get a TMP Chapel before we get a TOS Chapel tongue.gif

But I'd get either!

#48 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 05:38 AM

QUOTE(Gothneo @ Feb 21 2008, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I really want a TOS Nurse Chapel first! in fact that's what my sub-nic says!

<-----

So I'd be a bit miffed if we get a TMP Chapel before we get a TOS Chapel tongue.gif

But I'd get either!

Hey all,

Obviously I want her in all 3 unforms (TOS, TMP & STIV) however I meant in the uniform from the picture that was never seen on screen in the film, only in the publicity shots.

Take care,
Matty-lad

#49 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE(Matty-lad @ Feb 21 2008, 04:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey all,

Would anyone be overly annoyed if we get Chapel in the same outfit as the 1st picture, i.e. the same as Ilia? Just thinking it might be easier for us to get her that way.

Take care,
Matty-lad

I might not buy Chapel in any outfit, but I'd definitely not buy her in an outfit she never wore in the film.

#50 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 03:06 PM

smile.gif

#51 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:12 PM

Aahhh...

but more importantly (and having nothing to do with TMP)

#52 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:52 AM

From Rick @ Newforce posted over at the DST forum ...

Hello all...
It appears that we will receive TMP 2 pack (limited to 1701) next week (or shortly thereafter)...ahead of the revised end of June release... I spoke to Diamond today, and they are having to allocate (orders exceeded production of 1701)...so, keeping our fingers crossed we will receive a good quantity (to maybe have some extras)
thanks
rick

#53 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:06 AM

I wonder if he meant the TWOK 2 pack or the TOS two pack that was revised for the end of June. Becuase the TMP 2 pack was not suppossed to be in untill the end of Aug or Sept.

#54 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:23 AM

I dunno. He actually started a whole new thread over there with TMP in the subject header.

#55 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:13 PM

HMMM... That is very interesting. I wonder if it could be? That would kind of suck though since I am short on cash. I may have to sell some duplicate stuff I have if it is in fact the TMP set. LOL.

#56 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:19 PM

I don't like the allocation thing though. It worries me that I won't get what I ordered BUT it also makes me wonder if TMP figures would sell better than they thought.

#57 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:35 PM

To sell out 1701 on the first run would be prety impressive and signal that people are interested in all the movies and not just TWOK. I am hoping that it is for TMP because I would assume the Kirk/Spock 2 pack would easily warrant the production of more than 1701 units over the course of its shelf life.

#58 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:00 PM

So.I guess the question is if DST sells out the run on pre-order like this will they try and figure out a way to re-issue the two w/o destroying the 1701 run?

I don't think I pre-ordered this set, but I did want it... and if DST does more ST:TMP figures, I'm going to want these two for sure!

It seems like DST once again has failed to understand what their customers really want as a pre-sellout means they have left money on the table!

But if they just added a McCoy, they could single card all three and call it a wave.

#59 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:42 PM

I gather these sets were pushed forward & TNG5 pushed back. Classic hogging the spotlight again! biggrin.gif

I jest..I know Classic is the big seller & I'm kinda looking forward to TWOK2 & TMP more than TNG5.

Hope I manage to acquire the TMP 2-pack!

#60 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:23 PM

Oooookay guys, Rick made a mistake ...

hello all..
Ok, seems I can't read...DST informed me it is the WOK Death of Spock 2 pack coming out next week, and NOT the TMP limited 2 pack... oops...
sorry for the unintentional mis information
rick

AND

hello all..
yes, we will have plenty of extra DoS 2 packs for instock sale..
rick

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users