• Please log in to reply
3700 replies to this topic

#2901 Starfleet Doc

Starfleet Doc

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:31 PM

Im getting it. Makes sense since im collecting all of them. Sucks though cause theres other ships id like to see in its place.

#2902 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:40 PM

A comparison picture of the Blu-ray and Eaglemoss versions of the Franklin:

18341930_10210623211434939_1726463042746

#2903 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:26 PM

So the QMx Franklin was based more off the concept art than the final design it seems then.
zmARiWn.jpg

Makes sense since thy no doubt had to get it designed and in production before or close to the movies release.

Still think the QMx one is an impressive piece, the paint apps would probably show better on the lighter hull of the EM version.

I'm curious to see how QMx's bigger Franklin changes next time they show it.

#2904 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:51 PM

My latest shipment skipped over the Horizon and sent Suliban Cell / Kyushu.  This happen to anyone else?  Once when they skipped one I got a nice notice about it to assure me it would come later, not this time. 

#2905 joemolis

joemolis

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:26 PM

Same happened to me. Received the ships with no mention of the horizon.

#2906 Scott Nixon

Scott Nixon

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:47 AM

Same happened to me.  When it happened before a few months ago (was supposed to get issues 85 & 86, but got issues 86 & 87) I e-mailed customer service, and when they responded about a week later they said the missing issue was on backorder and would be shipped when available.  Then the next month I got issues 85 & 88.  So I expect next month we'll get issues 93 & 96.

#2907 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:55 AM

I really think their customer service, at least in the US, has gotten substantially worse since the collection started. 

It takes 1-2 weeks to hear back from them via email, which is ridiculous. The last couple times they didn't even answer the question I asked, and I ended up having to wait longer. 

It needs some serious improvement. 

On another note, has anyone heard anything about them doing the refit Enterprise from Beyond? I know they're doing the A, but can't recall if they've said anything about the refit. 

#2908 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:46 PM

Same happened to me.  When it happened before a few months ago (was supposed to get issues 85 & 86, but got issues 86 & 87) I e-mailed customer service, and when they responded about a week later they said the missing issue was on backorder and would be shipped when available.  Then the next month I got issues 85 & 88.  So I expect next month we'll get issues 93 & 96.

There doesn't seem to be any real benefit to subscribing any more. I also had some issues skipped for the past few months. I just thought they would send them as they became available. Then I checked the online store and what do you know all the missing issues were in stock. The 30% off Mother's Day sale was on so I snatched up the missing ones. I think I'm going to cancel and just wait for those sales to get everything.

#2909 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:00 AM

Thanks for the info, I guess we're all looking ahead into the Horizon...

Next up in my worries: how long will I have to watch everyone else stocking the Franklin and wondering if they will remember to send it to me?

Also, I guess that option to have a binder sent to you now and then (at your expense) just plain died.  Nothing on that front in ages...and I need another one.

#2910 Scott Nixon

Scott Nixon

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:50 PM

I never liked the binders--so if they've stopped sending them automatically, that would be great.  I don't want to pay for them if I'm not going to use them.

They take too much room to store the magazines compared to a good magazine rack (I like the Rubbermaid Deluxe Plastic Magazine Rack--I can get 50 issues in each one), and I didn't like how the magazines opened up in them.  It's much nicer having them individually available to browse and being able to open them up flat on my desk or table.

Anyway, all the binders I've received are in a storage box.  If you want one, let me know.

#2911 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:58 PM

Got my Franklin today, such a gorgeous ship.

Here are some more comparison shots of the EM Franklin with the QMx one:

kjzJwfA.jpg

TeHj1Um.jpg

MsGFFeQ.jpg

They actually lightened where the window on the bridge is supposed to be on the EM one.

vsfMNuB.jpg

DDqS4WD.jpg

The nacelles on the QMx version have more details than the EM one. 

Finally, her home:
I0eOPhJ.jpg

#2912 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:10 AM

Preview shots:

Jumbo 1701-E:

18740381_1941694969448388_24227717694234

The Titan:

18739696_1941693469448538_79894045181111

And finally, the Jenolan:

5aLms8tl.jpg

Lovely, definitely getting the last two at some point. :)

#2913 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:59 AM

Something looks off on the E's nacelles. The bussard collectors area just looks weird to me, like the old Playmates toy. 

I'm gonna use it, and the DST version to try to show what I mean:

MoEYTdi.jpg

OUooGZB.jpg

Are they too small, or is the lack of paint detailing between them whats throwing me off?

#2914 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:41 PM

I think it's the lack of paint detailing. But on a positive note: Titan looks awesome!!!

#2915 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:19 PM

Those look great! I really hope the Titan is that color and not the dark grey version seen in the first Twitter photo.

#2916 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:17 PM

Alteran: I completely understand what you mean. That, and the fact that it doesn't look truly scaled up, but rather like the regular version blown up to that size (the saucer's rim looks noticeably thicker than it should be).

DJC: I agree, fingers crossed. Still can't wait to get it. 

Also, I know it's the Executive shuttle with refit nacelles attached at the sides, but I really love the Jenolan. I place it in the same category as the Grissom and Defiant - oddities, but I love them. :)

#2917 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:38 PM

If all they're doing with these jumbos is blowing up the standard versions without making any changes to the sculpt, it's going to make some of the ships look off. Just like with the E.

The Titan does look pretty good too, going to pick it up for sure.

#2918 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:17 PM

The jumbo E was already an instant purchase for me.  Im not to sure about the Titan but the Jenolan is on my list.

#2919 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:29 AM

The issue with the E's nacelles is that the nose looks stubby and ill-defined, and the bussard "windows" or apertures are too small. There's too much white, not enough red, and it's all a bit lumpy and ill-defined. The field grilles suffer a similar problem - ill-defined, lacking a paint-app'd hull-strip down the centre, and the blue climbs too much onto the surrounding superstructure.

These jumbo Enterprises are disappointing, IMO - I really hoped they would update to the CBS-Digital TNG-R model for the jumbo D, but they stuck with the Foundation Imaging (or was it a re-tooled Koerner?) model they had used for the dinky version. Not a bad model at all, but the CBS-D model was just so sumptuous.

#2920 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:22 AM

Agreed, the jumbo ships haven't impressed me. 

There are certain ships I'd buy if they made a jumbo version (Voyager, Defiant, Prometheus), but I'd never replace my DST Enterprises with them. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users