41 replies to this topic

#21 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (Kassle @ Jan 20 2009, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are others who I think are equally as important, alnd although they weren't technically series regulars - they sure were around an awful lot:

VOY: Seska

I think in terms of VOY, if we see any non-regulars, the most likely will be a Pathfinder Barclay. It's a simple re-use from top to bottom of stuff they already have available.

#22 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (BadBunnyMike @ Jan 20 2009, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People Liked Tasha More because the Killed her... and kept bringing her back throughout the series, as either her or Sela.

I forgot to look up Crosby's "Sela" credits.

When you add up everything she gets credit for and the couple she's not credited for (The Mind's Eye - Sela [voice only] & Redemption: Part 1 - Sela)

Then she has 31 entries, but technically she only appears on screen in 26 episodes I think...

Still more then Pulaski.

But yeah, there are 26 episodes in S1, and 22 in S2 (I think that correct?!)

#23 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:40 PM

Kyle would be so easy to do, for both TOS and TWOK. He would just need a new head sculpt. I'd imagine he'd have to be in a two pack or as a short pack in a wave. He'd probably be a hard sell as a single, full production figure.

#24 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:58 PM

TOS
Chapel
Kyle
Rand

TNG
Guinan
Tasha
Pulaski

DS9
Garek - Possibly the AGT Data body would match some of his attires
Kai Winn - The idea's on the other page for the likes or Guinan/Winn may work
Kassidy - The Seven legs may work, not sure about the torso
Damar - Dukat body
Rom - hmmmmm
Leeta - Seven of Nine body with a couple of add-ons.
Nog - hmmmm. If they'd made an S1 Wesley we'd be right.

#25 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:10 PM

For his TOS version, no doubt he'd be very welcome to a wave; who doesn't want some extra TOS crewmen? For TWOK, a Reliant 2-pack with Kyle and Beach limited to 1864 would probably work?

Actually, when you think about it- a wave with Kyle, Rand and Chapel would be the TOS equivalent to the Ro, Ogawa and O'Brien wave.

#26 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (Jedigreedo @ Jan 20 2009, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For his TOS version, no doubt he'd be very welcome to a wave; who doesn't want some extra TOS crewmen?

Me.
For TWOK, a Reliant 2-pack with Kyle and Beach limited to 1864 would probably work?

Actually, when you think about it- a wave with Kyle, Rand and Chapel would be the TOS equivalent to the Ro, Ogawa and O'Brien wave.

I'm just curious. Which of those three TOS characters are you equating to O'Brien, a character who appeared in 52 episodes of TNG spanning all seven seasons and was credited in the main titles of DS9 and appeared in nearly all episodes of that show over its 7-year run?

#27 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:21 PM

Chapel, obviously. tongue.gif Seriously; I'm referring to Kyle. He was featured in 11 TOS episodes as various background roles including O'Brien's familiar territory; transporter chief. He was also featured in 9 TAS episodes and obviously as a senior officer of the Reliant in TWOK. http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Kyle

It's very interesting, and you never know, had TOS had 7 seasons and then a spin-off that didn't happen two decades later then he might have been fleshed out just as much as O'Brien was. Though, in all honesty I was simply comparing him to O'Brien based on the two of them being transporter chiefs. If anything I thought the comparison of Ro to Rand was more of a stretch.

#28 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (Jedigreedo @ Jan 20 2009, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If anything I thought the comparison of Ro to Rand was more of a stretch.

That's funny, because I think it's dead-on.

Both are characters which appeared in a very small number of episodes but were, at isolated moments, nearly 2nd-level stars of the episodes. Ro was nearly at a Data/Geordi level, and Rand was nearly at a McCoy level in an episode or two. However, their appearances were such a small percentage of each series' run that they're rarely thought of as the "main cast". However, each has their fans.

#29 Pauln6

Pauln6

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (pickard @ Jan 21 2009, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's funny, because I think it's dead-on.

Both are characters which appeared in a very small number of episodes but were, at isolated moments, nearly 2nd-level stars of the episodes. Ro was nearly at a Data/Geordi level, and Rand was nearly at a McCoy level in an episode or two. However, their appearances were such a small percentage of each series' run that they're rarely thought of as the "main cast". However, each has their fans.

Actually, they are both among my favourite characters in each genre. They both had episodes written specifically for their characters and both would have had a lot more air time if things behind the scene had gone differently - albeit Ro was intended for the Kira role in DS9.

#30 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:03 PM

well i think the only way were going to see 24th century figures is through 2 packs and I'm sure these will someday make it out to complete at least the crews i've been collecting:

Deep Space Nine:

Bajoran Uniformed Kira & Quark

thats it.

#31 Pauln6

Pauln6

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:22 AM

There's a cool looking custom of TMP Scotty in the custom figures section. I really hope they bring out soe more TMP figures - he looks awesome.

#32 WORF22

WORF22

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:01 AM

I have to go with

TOS:
#1 M.B.R- TO GO WITH PIKE
Sarek
Chapel
Rand

TNG:
Yar/ SELA
SITO JAXA
Guinan
Pulaski

DS9:
KAI OPAKA
Quark
Nog
Eddington
Rom
Leeta
Weyoun
Dukat
Damar
Keiko O'brian
Vic Fontaine
Morn
Garak
JEM HADAR
BREEN

ENT:
Admiral Forest
Ambassador Soval
Captain Erika Hernandez NX-02

#33 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:50 PM

hmm, I'd say that these guys were left or at least essential - there are more secondary characters I'd love to see but I doubt very much we'll get to see them let alone these:

TOS:
Salt Vampire
Number One
Chapel
Rand

TNG:
Guinan
Tasha Yar
Sela
Tomalok
Pulaski

DS9:
Quark
Bajoran Uniform Kira
Dukat
Weyoon
Jake
Nog
Rom
Garak

VOY:
Captain Janeway
7of9
The Doctor
Tom Paris
Belana Tores
Chakotay
Harry Kim
Tuvok
Neelix
Kes
Borg Drone 7of9
Admiral Janeway
Kazon Ogla
Borg Queen

ENT:
Season 3 Archer
Phlox
Sato
Ambassador Soval
Admiral Forrest
Commander Dolem of the Xindy Reptillians

MOVIES:
Dekker & Illea
Kruge & Maltz
Spock & Sybok
Captain Sulu & General Chang
Generations Kirk in Vest & Generations Picard
FC Locutus & FC Borg Queen

COMMAND CHAIRS:
Electronic Wrath of Khan Enterprise Command Chair with Admiral Kirk
Electronic Wrath of Khan Reliant Command Chair with Khan (With Starfleet jacket)
Electronic Voyage Home HMS Bounty Command Chair with Civilian Kirk
Electronic Undiscovered Country Enterprise A Command Chair with Captain Spock
Electronic The Next Generation Enterprise - D Command Chair with Season 7 Captain Picard
Electronic First Contact Enterprise - E Command Chair with FC Picard

#34 WORF22

WORF22

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (1701 @ Jan 5 2011, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Commander Dolem of the Xindy Reptillians

i for got all about this guy. this one would have bin nice to see done.

#35 weyoun_9

weyoun_9

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:05 PM

Here's my "bare bones" who's left...

TOS: Chapel, Rand
TNG: Guinan (I'd add Tasha Yar and Pulaski too...but since they're in different uniforms and/or universes...Guinan would at least complete the existing set)
DS9: Quark, Jake (would prefer Bajoran Kira as well...but at least we have A Kira)
VOY: Janeway, Chakotay, Tuvok, Paris, Kim, Torres, EMH, 7 of 9, Neelix, Kes
ENT: Uniform Sato, Standard Outfit Phlox
Film: FC-Nem is complete; TWOK is complete

There are ALWAYS more to add...but these are who I would highlight as the essentials to complete sets. Strictly speaking, though, TOS and TNG could be considered complete as is...all the main cast are there. Same with the two film casts and, though not in the right outfits, the Enterprise cast. It's only DS9 and VOY that are either not complete or didn't get started.

#36 Pauln6

Pauln6

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:34 AM

All they need to do is come up with one variant Kirk or Spock for every two-pack and who knows where it will lead! The most obvious (and I have no idea why they haven't done it yet) is the Enemy Within Kirk and Rand two-pack with Saurian brandy and scratches on his face. Just re-use the 'Khaaaaaaaan' head and we'd have an "I'M CAPTAIN KIRK!" head instead. wink.gif

#37 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:18 PM

All around I'm actually pretty happy with most of the lines AA/DST started.

TOS I'd like a Chapel, TNG I'd like a Yar, and DS9 I'd like a Quark and Jake Sisko.

simply because I liked the characters, and they round out a collection for me.

But if I never get them, I'll still enjoy what I got!

#38 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (Pauln6 @ Jan 13 2011, 04:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All they need to do is come up with one variant Kirk or Spock for every two-pack and who knows where it will lead! The most obvious (and I have no idea why they haven't done it yet) is the Enemy Within Kirk and Rand two-pack with Saurian brandy and scratches on his face. Just re-use the 'Khaaaaaaaan' head and we'd have an "I'M CAPTAIN KIRK!" head instead. wink.gif

"we" might be happy, but others would not... the Khaaaan head is from the movies, much later then TOS. It would have to be a TOS with paint app, "others" would be angered for the suspension of belief, either using an older Kirk, or a repaint! The only solution might be... New Head, with scratches, reused for future waves of Kirk heads, without scratches... then it is a pleasure to collect a better sculpt!

#39 Pauln6

Pauln6

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:20 AM

Tee hee. Yeah I was being facetious. People do like to moan a lot more than they like to praise these days. I just want that Rand. Decker and Ilia are high on my list too as I want a female TMP body for customs. Very unlikely the way things are going though.

#40 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:16 AM

Nicely done Pauln6!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users