Complete crews, who's left?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:19 PM

Alright, let's try and keep the obvious BB Hoshi and Phlox out of the equation, but who's left from TOS to DS9(Current line & Movies Included) that need to see the light of day? I think Yeoman Rand, Nurse Chapel and Guinan are an obvious(to some, not so much tongue.gif), but how would you get them made if you were DST? Just something that might be a little different than the usual fan list biggrin.gif

#2 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:20 PM

Well, to list all the immediate crew/cast that I feel are required to be made, are:
Chapel, Rand, Yar, Pulaski, Guinan, Kira (proper uniform) and Quark.

However, I put them into three different ranks:
Highest priority: Chapel, Yar and Kira (These were prominent crew members and truly deserve to be made)
Mid priority: Rand and Pulaski (These are temporary crew that held some significance and stood out in their episodes)
Not official crew: Guinan and Quark. (Although not part of the Starfleet crew, they were depended on by the senior staff to keep people from becoming out of control)

The trouble, however, with Yar and Pulaski is that while they deserve figures and are often thought to be the last of the TNG crew, that simply isn't true. They would not fit in with the S7 crew, instead they would only fit in with the Command Chair versions of Riker and Picard. To make them and their complete "crew" would require season 1/2 versions of Data, Geordi, Worf, Crusher and Troi.

As for how I would release them, I do have plans!

-Rand could easily use the Uhura body, just requiring a new head. She could possibly be a limited polybagged exclusive.
-Chapel could use the Uhura body, but have a slightly retooled collar line. She would be great for a 2-pack with scrubs-top McCoy.
-Yar could be put in a 2-pack with either a season 1 Data, or a season 1 Q (which could be made from Command Chair Riker).
-Pulaski could be made from Yar's body with a skirt added. She would be good for a 2-pack, but I'm not sure who with at the moment.
-Guinan is quite difficult as she's a pretty complex figure, but she could be good for a 2-pack with Generations Picard, if Picard were to be a cheap figure for them to make.
-Quark I would simply pair with Harry Kim for a "Caretaker" 2-pack, Kim would be a new head on the S3 Sisko.
-Kira I believe would sell well on her own in her Bajoran uniform, and would good for an exclusive figure to a retailer or multiple retailers.

#3 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:12 PM

I really think there is a whole list of people that should be done from TOS TNG, and DS9. I think DST should start experimenting with using cloth outfits for characters like Guinan. Another possibility is to just scuplt a plastic dress and fir it over an existing body style from DS9 or TNG. As for Yar all it would require is one new chest piece. Pulaski is another issue because she wore the longer uniform shirt/dress. However playmates ignored that and just used the Yar body style....why not I guess. I wouldnt be opposed to Chapel and Rand both using the Uhura body sytle even if neither would be 100% correct.
Outside of that there are always the obvious choices like Quark, Jake, Guinan, etc.....but here are some not so obvious ones that I think need to be made:
1. a Klingon female ala Lursa/B'Etor - these were some of my favorite playmates toys and I would love to see them done again!
2. Vested Kirk and Generations Picard 2 pack. It needs to be done and Im tired of saying it!!
3. A Romulan in military clothing....Just give us one so the customizers can go crazy! and while Im at it
4. produce that Romulan senator from the Nem line because it looked like it was going to be damn cool!

thats all I can think of right now...

#4 DS9_Fan

DS9_Fan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:19 AM

For me to fully complete my DS9 Line I feel there are 3 figures that havn't been mentioned yet. They are Jake Sisko, Garak and Nog. Without getting into who was core crew, Cirroc Lofton's name appeared in the opening credits for DS9 for the full 7 years.

As for TNG, we've done pretty well for secondary characters. But Yar and Guinan are must haves. I can live without Pulaski but I really want a Yar and a Guinan. They could release them in 2 packs. Yar with S1 Data. And Yesterdays Enterprise Yar and Guinan.

As for TOS, these are the figures that I can actually imagine will be made. Rand and Chapel, A Scrbs McCoy, Salt Vampire, Romulan Kirk (or at least a Romulan Commander form Balence of Terror). I could see them maybe doing TOS Dress Uniform versions of McCoy and Spock too.

As for the movies. There are some characters I would like. Data and Picard in their Generations outfits (the rest of the crew would be nice but these are the 2 I would want). Captain's Sulu and Kirk form TUC. Vest Kirk from Generations.

#5 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:22 AM

If you only count senior most staff members who were always or almost always on the bridge (or in Ops as the case may be), then a Bajoran uniform S7 Colonel Kira is all that is needed to complete the main series in the existing lines (S3 TOS, S7 TNG, TWOK, FC-Nem, and S7 DS9). Of course there are extra figures like the S1/2 TNG figures that we probably won't see the entire crew made to complement what we have already, DS9 mirror universe and early season DS9 as well won't be entirely complete (we probably won't see early versions of Kira or Odo). Also, are we going to see the other ST4 crew members in civiilan attire? Probably not. But all that is nitpicking. All we need is Colonel Kira to complete the command crews we already have. After that, I'd rather see the main crew of Voyager made before more S1 TNG or Guinan or DS9 mirror universe figures, etc. Kes and Neelix are debatable as I would put them in the same category as Guinan and Quark or Jake Sisko would be nice, but the command crew is most important and the expense of those figures would probably be somewhat prohibitive to produce since they would require many unique parts. Characters in Starfleet uniforms are cheap and easy and have parts that are swapable and interchangeable. If all they need are head sculpts, it becomes much more feasible for them to be produced. Seven of Nine will probably be the only exception. She is so overwhelmingly popular, the expense of producing her would be more than justifiable.

Rand and Chapel are doable because TOS always sells. In fact, it would probably be justifiable for DST to have a new body sculpted for these figures. They could share the parts (with a few tweaks here and there if needed) and more than pay for themselves. They could even release a new version of Uhura using the new body so we can have a more neutral posed Uhura. The original looks like she was posing for a photo shoot in Glamour magazine.

#6 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:19 AM

Here are characters in ea series I'd like to see done!

TOS:
Chappel
Rand
Lt Leslie
Dr. M'benga

TNG:
Yar
Pulaski
Guinan

DS9:
Jake Sisko
Quark
Nog
Kai Winn
Rom
Leeta
Weyoun
Yates
Keiko O'brian
Vic Fontaine
Morn
Dukat
Damar
Garak

ENT:
Actually I'd like the duty uniform versions of all redone w/o the rubber diapers!

but we also need
Admiral Forest
Ambassador Soval

#7 J C R

J C R

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:57 AM

I definitely want Rand and Chapel. However, I'd really like them to get Majel Barrett's height correct so I would not want to see her on a Uhura body.

I agree about Yar and Guinan. I could live without Pulaski, but I'd definitely buy her. I'd also love a Lursa and B'Etor.

As far as DS9....I want them all. Its my favorite Trek.

#8 Pauln6

Pauln6

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE (J C R @ Jan 20 2009, 06:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I definitely want Rand and Chapel. However, I'd really like them to get Majel Barrett's height correct so I would not want to see her on a Uhura body.

I agree about Yar and Guinan. I could live without Pulaski, but I'd definitely buy her. I'd also love a Lursa and B'Etor.

As far as DS9....I want them all. Its my favorite Trek.

Primarily, I'd like to see TOS Chapel and Rand plus TMP McCoy, Scotty, Uhura, Sulu, Chekov, Chapel, Rand, Decker, & Ilia. I'd even be happy with limited edition alien crew from some of the promo pics in 2-packs with a member of the main crew (we had an andorian, a saurian, and a rhaandarite on promo pics and collectors cards plus worene (a caitian?), a betelgeusian, andorians, a zaranite, and vulcans on the rec deck). I realise I'll be lucky to get the main crew but it would be nice.

Yar and Pulaski should have a crack and if they're doing Diana Muldaur, I wouldn't mind seeing an Ann Mulhall figure from TOS. I agree that a Yesterday's Enterprise Yar and Guinan would be a cool two-pack.

#9 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:17 AM

One way to produce most of the figures we've talked about like Quark, Neelix, Garak is to steal a play from the new GIJoe line by using plastic pices as "clothing" over a basic torso. This could take care of Neelix and Quark and you could have multiple variations if needed. You could also get away with a basic form for characters like Guinan and Kai Winn and just change the style of plastic dress. They are probably going to reuse the DS9 legs (not TNG legs!) anyway so it would then come down to scuplting what amounts to an accessory and a head as opposed to a head and an unique torso.

#10 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:02 AM

It's funny how most people, including myself rank Yar above Pulaski even though Pulaski was on the show longer.

#11 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:10 AM

QUOTE (s8film40 @ Jan 20 2009, 06:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's funny how most people, including myself rank Yar above Pulaski even though Pulaski was on the show longer.

Are you sure?

Pulaski was only on 2nd season, and Yar Season 1... but Yar was in MORE episodes.

When I look at IMDB, it shows 27 episodes for Yar and only 20 for Pulaski.

Plus Yar had more appearances through out the years... that's why I think more people re-call her.

#12 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Jan 20 2009, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you sure?

Pulaski was only on 2nd season, and Yar Season 1... but Yar was in MORE episodes.

When I look at IMDB, it shows 27 episodes for Yar and only 20 for Pulaski.

Plus Yar had more appearances through out the years... that's why I think more people re-call her.

Yeah I know she did more episodes I guess I was thinking more of the timeline of things Yar didn't even finish out the first year whereas Pulaski was there for the whole 2nd season. I have always thought it was interesting how it is perceived that she was there longer.

#13 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:18 AM

Plus Yar was nearly always on the bridge and seen right behind Picard, whereas Pulaski was the doctor and only seen when scenes needed her. I actually didn't even know about Pulaski until I got back into Trek a few years ago.

#14 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE (s8film40 @ Jan 20 2009, 07:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I know she did more episodes I guess I was thinking more of the timeline of things Yar didn't even finish out the first year whereas Pulaski was there for the whole 2nd season. I have always thought it was interesting how it is perceived that she was there longer.

Well... skin of evil was 4th to the last episode... so there were only 3 episodes left in the season... I count it as the whole season.

Plus when you add episodes like

Yesterday's Enterprise and
All Good Things

especially all good things, where she had screen time at the close of the series, really puts her character in peoples minds.

#15 X-Ray

X-Ray

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:16 AM

TOS needs: Kyle and Chapel.

Movie Era: Finish the TMP crew, Kirk and Spock in TMP Space suits, Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Uhura and Sulu in TFF Field Uniforms, Kirk in Bomber Jacket

TNG is in very good shape, Guinan would be nice, but is not necessary. They have done pretty well with the secondary characters. The only way I see Yar happening is if the rest of the TNG crew in season 1 happens.

DS9: Still a lot to do: Kira in a Bajoran Uniform, Quark, Jake Sisko, Garak, Nog, Rom, Leeta.

Voyager: Please DST! Get us our Voyager Figures!

#16 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:56 AM

Well since the topic is "Complete Crews" and not "complete casts" I would say TOS and TNG are done and DS9 will be done once I get series 2. There are a few secondary cast members I wouldnt mind seeing made though.

TOS
Chapel
Kyle
Rand

TNG
Yar

DS9
Eddington
Garek
Quark

VOY
everyone. LOL.

#17 Kassle

Kassle

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:12 AM

About Tasha - Season 1 was longer than Season 2, so Yar actually appeared in more episodes than Pulaski based on seasons alone. But...

...I think the real reason Tasha stands out more is that she was generally better liked as a character (although I like Pulaski a lot, many fans reacted negatively towards her), and the writers kept coming back to Tasha throughout the entire TNG run. In Season 2, Riker had flashbacks to Tasha and her death. Also in Season 2 Data was put on trial and Tasha was a major plot point. In Season 3, Tasha returned in "Yesterday's Enterprise", one of the most popular episodes of TNG. In Season 4, Tasha's sister Ishara appeared fleshing out more of Tasha's backstory and the crew's connection with her, and then Sela appeared twice - once torturing Geordi in the shadows, and then again in the season finale. And in Season 5, Sela appeared twice more - once alongside frakking Spock! Finally, Tasha had a major role in the two part series finale in Season 7.

And Pulaski, much as I love her - was dropped after her only season, and never mentioned again, aside from someone paging a Dr. Pulaski over an intercom once.

So, I hope that helps. :-)

Who I would need to round out my crews:

TOS:
Christine Chapel
Janice Rand

TNG:
Tasha Yar
Katherine Pulaski

DS9:
Quark
Jake Sisko

VOY:
Kathryn Janeway
Chakotay
B'Elanna Torres
Tom Paris
Harry Kim
E.M.H.
Neelix
Kes

There are others who I think are equally as important, alnd although they weren't technically series regulars - they sure were around an awful lot:
TNG: Guinan
DS9: Keiko O'Brien, Rom, Nog, Kai Winn, Garak
VOY: Seska

#18 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (Kassle @ Jan 20 2009, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are others who I think are equally as important, alnd although they weren't technically series regulars - they sure were around an awful lot:

VOY: Seska

SESKA! How have I forgotten all about Seska?!? I would love to see (a Bajoran) Seska in her Starfleet uniform!!! I loved her!

#19 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:53 AM

Okay- my wish list is much longer, and add to that I'd love to see DST surpass Playmates in number of figures (though that obviously won't happen).. but here's what I *really* think DST needs to do to have a bare-bones finish in my eyes:

TOS: Chapel & Rand

TMP: Decker & Ilia

TNG: Yar

DS9: Quark & Bajoran Kira

I'll leave Voyager off for now considering they haven't even begun (with the exception of a Geordi figure).

The problem is, outside of TOS, there's a lot of new sculpts involved (which is probably why none of these have seen the light of day).

#20 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:55 PM

People Liked Tasha More because the Killed her... and kept bringing her back throughout the series, as either her or Sela.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users