125 replies to this topic

#121 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:09 PM

See my original never stood up on my original stand. It always fell down.

#122 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:33 AM

I don't recall ever stating in this thread/forum that I wouldn't be buying this, so I don't think I will come across as "giving in" by saying that I went ahead and ordered one today.   :D   I do already have both the original NX-01 and battle-damaged variant...while the jury is still out on whether I will participate in the Romulan BoP mess (is that even still on, or did DST realize that if the most dedicated fans don't want it, who will?) or the Reliant, I can't allow myself to miss out on the best possible version of a hero ship.  And with that same thinking, come on, DST...get back to hero ships before you get into the miscellany.  Eaglemoss is covering the miscellany well enough for me, I don't need those ships in a large scale.

PS - Also, please remake the ISS (mirror) variant while you still can.  I think it would sell.  I just checked eBay and my jaw hit the floor, guess I should have paid 6-years-ago's scalper price.

#123 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 11:46 AM

PS - Also, please remake the ISS (mirror) variant while you still can.  I think it would sell.  I just checked eBay and my jaw hit the floor, guess I should have paid 6-years-ago's scalper price.

This.

I would buy the hell out of the Mirror NX-01, it's so damn cool looking. I'd honestly prefer it than a new battle damaged version. 

Edit: Wow, I botched the hell out of that last sentence. 

#124 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 12:22 PM

Agree.... Would so buy an ISS NX-01.

#125 DSTZach

DSTZach

I can stop I just don't want to.

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:04 AM

I don't recall ever stating in this thread/forum that I wouldn't be buying this, so I don't think I will come across as "giving in" by saying that I went ahead and ordered one today.   :D   I do already have both the original NX-01 and battle-damaged variant...while the jury is still out on whether I will participate in the Romulan BoP mess (is that even still on, or did DST realize that if the most dedicated fans don't want it, who will?) or the Reliant, I can't allow myself to miss out on the best possible version of a hero ship.  And with that same thinking, come on, DST...get back to hero ships before you get into the miscellany.  Eaglemoss is covering the miscellany well enough for me, I don't need those ships in a large scale.

I believe NX variants are planned, not sure of timeline.

And there was never a "mess" with the Romulan ship, the ship is done, and packaging is done, and it is either in production or soon will be. Once I have a sample I will record a demo video.

Regardless of what percentage of the people who regularly post here have expressed interest in it, I doubt that represents an equivalent percentage of overall Trek fans. I also fully expect everyone here to want one once they hear all the Mark Lenard dialogue and see the window lights. So it's a good thing you said you were on the fence!

#126 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 01:00 PM

I believe NX variants are planned, not sure of timeline.

Regardless of what percentage of the people who regularly post here have expressed interest in it, I doubt that represents an equivalent percentage of overall Trek fans.

Great, tell them to put the Mirror NX on the short list if it's not already there!  I think everybody would like that more than battle damage!

It will be interesting to see how well the Romulan ship does.  While we often argue about whether members of this and any other forum can serve as decent prognosticators of what will/could sell (and I can certainly understand that would be prone to error)... ...it's not as often that I have found us agreeing on what won't sell in as great of numbers as I've seen regarding that ship.  Zealous fans who justify every purchase any way they can saying "please make X, it will sell" is one thing.  Zealous fans who justify every purchase any way they can saying (in unison) "I can't really justify that one" feels like another.  Let the chips fall where they may!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users