• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#41 DSTZach

DSTZach

I can stop I just don't want to.

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 12:15 PM

Is this the first ship DST has done bridge sounds while the lights on feature is on? I think they've done it with the Delorean or KITT, but can't think of any ships having it. 

We actually JUST did this for the new TOS Enterprise. See the 2:30 mark.

#42 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 30 December 2015 - 04:34 PM

The bridge sound on the old Enterprise I find a bit annoying (the audio sample needs to be a bit longer, it loops too quickly), but on the NX-01, it seems spot on.

Any chance of some close up detail shots? It was hard to tell in that video, but the rear outer deck (behind the cargo bays) looks to be painted a darker colour now. If that has the decals on, that'll be incredible.

Area I'm talking about:
wig9pFB.jpg

#43 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 05:58 PM

What a gorgeous ship! I've already got mine on pre-order

#44 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 06:28 PM

Looking good!!! This is a definite buy for me....

#45 DSTZach

DSTZach

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:49 PM

I'll try and shoot some detail shots in the near future.

#46 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 12:02 AM

Hopefully the lights on w/bridge sound is a new standard for future ships!

#47 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 05:31 AM

I really want to preorder this but am not sure if any online retailers have it listed yet. Am I missing something at BBTS (or NFCC for that matter,) or is it just not available for preorder from either site yet?

In any case, that ship looks fantastic! Everything about it looks like a dramatic improvement over the original, and I cannot wait to own the reissue. :)

#48 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 06:17 AM

I really want to preorder this but am not sure if any online retailers have it listed yet. Am I missing something at BBTS (or NFCC for that matter,) or is it just not available for preorder from either site yet?

In any case, that ship looks fantastic! Everything about it looks like a dramatic improvement over the original, and I cannot wait to own the reissue. :)

Alex it's up on Entertainment Earth:

http://www.entertain...68#.VoUczTbLQUE

#49 2thGuy

2thGuy

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:29 PM

Not to nit pick, but the running lights on TOS Enterprise are incorrect.  Green should be on the starboard/right side, red should be on the port/left side.  BUT, this is a definite buy for me!  All in!  

#50 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:56 PM

Not to nit pick, but the running lights on TOS Enterprise are incorrect.  Green should be on the starboard/right side, red should be on the port/left side.  BUT, this is a definite buy for me!  All in!  

Yeah, it's been like that for the last two iterations. Can't believe it wasn't noticed on the last version (the one with the lights-on/bridge-sound feature).

Either way, I do love this being a main feature of the ships now. The sound (I'd be fine with a general low hum if a big bridge sound loop couldn't be fine) is a great addition. :)

#51 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 01:16 AM

Yeah, it's been like that for the last two iterations. Can't believe it wasn't noticed on the last version (the one with the lights-on/bridge-sound feature).

Either way, I do love this being a main feature of the ships now. The sound (I'd be fine with a general low hum if a big bridge sound loop couldn't be fine) is a great addition. :)

Wonder why it changed.  It is correct on my first run, non-HD version.

#52 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 02:48 AM

Yeah, no idea man. I admit, for the average landlubber, it's almost a non-issue. I'll acknowledge that I'm rapping on the door of nitpickery here, but as someone who's grown up in love with everything maritime (and worked on tugs for a brief period), it stands out a mile away. :/

My TOS Enterprise is the pilot version (spikey non-lit bussards, massive bridge), which to be absolutely honest, I hate! lol 
I regretted buying it the moment I got it home years ago, as it was pure impatience that led me to buy it (the shop had sold out of the regular version). If DST gets around to fixing this issue, I'll happily break my rule of no more TOS purchases.***

Spoiler

Saw this posted on DST's twitter:

MXLN2bw.jpg

Hi-res: https://pbs.twimg.co...AA_RI9.jpg:orig

#53 2thGuy

2thGuy

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:01 PM

The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain.  

#54 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:42 AM

I really don't like Enterprise. I really don't like Enterprise. I really don't like Enterprise!!!

...so why do I like this toy so much!?

#55 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:42 PM

I really don't like Enterprise. I really don't like Enterprise. I really don't like Enterprise!!!

Because Enterprise is actually a very good show?

I used to think I didn't like it either until I recently rematches it, it's probably my favorite series now.

#56 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:06 AM

Alex it's up on Entertainment Earth:

http://www.entertain...68#.VoUczTbLQUE

Thanks Djc242! I just wish it was up at other retailers so I could compare prices ahead of time and decide who I want to order from. (EE is the furthest from me, so I tend to order from BBTS and NFCC more frequently just so stuff gets here more quickly.)

I'm honestly not sure if it's correct on my "40th anniversary" non–HD version, but I did notice that the running lights are incorrect on my "HD" version. I just didn't want to mention it since it seems to be a common mistake, and DST was being ripped apart for the infamous "rust ring" among other issues, so I felt that bitching about the running lights would have just been piling on at the time. I do wish they were correct, but I can understand the error and don't entirely mind it, even though (despite not having any maritime or aviation background,) I'm fully aware that the lights should be inverted. Then again, I'm the same chucklehead who was disappointed that the 1701–D didn't have the amber running light behind the bridge, but I also understood why that was omited given the insane amount of tooling DST put into that ship, so I learned to live with it. (Sadly, I'll crack open my wallet pretty quickly if that light finds its way into a future run of the aforementioned 1701–D.)

Destructor, it's because you're like me! I despise (most of) Enterprise, despite the fact that I'm still planning to buy it on Blu–Ray and already own it on DVD. Still, as much as I despise Enterprise, and as much as I've somewhat derisively referred to the NX–01 as Akira–prise in the past, and as much as I hate how the design ripped off the aforementioned class of starship, this toy is arguably an excellent representation of the NX–class, and it fixes pretty much every pet peeve I had with the original release, namely the unpainted "window sections" on the saucer and the equally bare RCS thrusters that should have been gold. Then there's the new audio chip and the LEDs in this release; it just looks superb, and even my least favorite starfleet ships still look pretty good, so I have plenty of reasons to like this toy, especially since it'll help round out my display of Enterprises. (I still need an Enterprise–C from DST to complete things though, and can only hope that I'll one day have one.) Think of it this way, if DST was playing "polish that turd" with the NX–01, they took the turd and polished it into a diamond. (See what I did there?) The fact that the aforementioned diamond came from a turd doesn't matter, what matters is that we've got a giant freakin' diamond in this toy. It also helps that the NX–class allows for variants, and I'm always happy to add an NX–02 Columbia or new ISS or battle damaged Enterprise NX–01 to my collection too, so I like this toy because it looks superb as–is, but could also make for equally superb variants.

Also, the show and the ship aren't the same thing. As much as I dislike STID and the JJ–prise's blow–dryer nacelles, I'd still buy one on the grounds that it'd be an Enterprise toy, and I like Enterprise toys.

#57 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:55 PM

Alteran, much of my problem with Enterprise comes from its Bull In A China Shop approach to canon.

I have indeed enjoyed individual episodes, but the whole premise is such a glaring missed opportunity (and I understand that B&B were under pressure from higher-ups not to push the envelope too far on UPN's flagship show) that its simple existence bothers me, and taints the stories before they're told. It gets worse when so many of those stories are just poor rehashes of stuff that's already been done, or fan-service-y callbacks.

The show I wanted probably couldn't have been done at the time, because what I wanted was something like what The Expanse is now, but with warp drive. A plausible mid-point between here and TOS, A hard-working, harder-science, difficult environment that really showed the luxury of the tech in TOS.

Instead, Ent is Star Trek retro-futurism. 24th century trek dressed up as "the past", not Now projecting towards Trek. But besides that, would it have killed them to open a copy of the Star Trek Encyclopedia?!

Many of the 4th season episodes were good fun - the Augments/Klingons arc, the Mirror two parter (though Bakula is terrible in that), Terra Prime - but they all suffered from that same basic problem of the setting and its fundamental lack of regard for continuity.

I'm actually pretty sure this toy appeals to me because it's very pretty, super-detailed, has GREAT play features, and resembles the Akira class, as Alex alluded to. That's my favourite class of ship, and when Enterprise was initially airing, I used to joke that when they made the toy of the ship, I'd just buy it and mount it upside down to use as an Akira class ship.

#58 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:02 AM

I don't see Enterprise as Star Trek, and that makes it watchable for me.

One thing I do love about it though, are some of the ships. Obviously the NX-01 and the Vulcan ships, but especially the Romulan Bird of Prey. I've said it before, but that design is so good, I think of it as a Nemesis-era Romulan vessel. I also love the Klingon ships as well - all of which look very 24th century (minus some obvious things stuck on to make them look 'old' - turrets etc), which really goes a long way to proving Destructor's point in regards to it being future Trek made to look old.

#59 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:48 AM

I love ST Enterprise! But there's a personal story behind that......for some other time,lol. Season 1 and 4 are my faves,then season 2,and season 3 comes last.

I got the previous two ships from this show so not really sure I'll be picking up this one. STILL waiting to hear about NEW stuff,LOL! Maybe at TF in Feb. Zach? lol Here's hoping.

J-R!

#60 DSTZach

DSTZach

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 03:35 PM

Not sure what will be at Toy Fair, TBH, although I think we'll be soliciting the Romulan BoP soon-ish!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users