• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#21 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:35 PM

Id say that we'd potentially see a Columbia NX 02 variant.

#22 Kirk4President

Kirk4President

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Prime universe is the only universe that exists in my personal reality.
    TOS, TNG & DST

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:29 PM

I wasn't yet collecting back in the day when Art Asylum came out with the NX-01, and I'm not a big enough fan of the ship to pick her up for scalper prices on EBay.

With that being said, I'm definitely looking forward to this reissue.

I'm even planning to binge watch Enterprise in anticipation of her release (I'll have to fast forward through that God awful theme song, of course).

#23 DefiantOne

DefiantOne

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 08:14 PM

Id say that we'd potentially see a Columbia NX 02 variant.

That would actually be a "logical" variant, if there are any planned. Another paint scheme, more silver-ish and a different deflector dish. Changed registry and name, of course and perhaps a few new and/or different sounds. I hope the new NX-01 does have other sounds than the original version anyway. They could also look into a re-release of the mirror NX-01 and the battle damaged version from the episode "Azati Prime".

#24 DSTZach

DSTZach

I can stop I just don't want to.

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:04 AM

Not 100% sure the stand will be black, but I'll keep you posted.

#25 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 07:17 PM

Good news everyone! 

The NX-01 will have a lights on feature, I asked if it's permanent or not and am waiting for a reply. 

#26 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:21 AM

Sauce?

#27 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 10:03 AM

Sauce?

Me asking on Facebook. It's on their post about the new AskDST.

They said they believe it's permanent lights on as well.

#28 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 05:41 PM

Sauce?

Tomato? Daddy's?

#29 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:58 AM

Eww.

#30 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:07 AM

That would actually be a "logical" variant, if there are any planned. Another paint scheme, more silver-ish and a different deflector dish. Changed registry and name, of course and perhaps a few new and/or different sounds. I hope the new NX-01 does have other sounds than the original version anyway. They could also look into a re-release of the mirror NX-01 and the battle damaged version from the episode "Azati Prime".

I honestly think it'd be almost insane not to release an NX–02 "Columbia" variant of the new NX–01. The ship got plenty of screen–time in ENT S4, and is probably the least expensive variant DST could produce given the size of the NX–01 and the fact that a new sound chip and some tampo stamps for said variant would likely be the only significant tooling costs associated with its creation. Besides, it'd technically allow DST to release a "new" ship from Enterprise without having to take the risk of tooling anything new. I also wouldn't mind seeing a re–release of the battle damaged version from "Azati Prime" and/or a re–release of the mirror universe version. (Who am I kidding, I'd scoop up all three variants by virtue of them being Trek ships from DST.) I should also point out that another possible variant would be the mirror universe NX–09 I.S.S. Avenger from IaMD as well. Come to think of it, that would open up the door to the possibility of a Constitution–Class U.S.S. Defiant from the same episode as well, which would distinguish it from the SDCC version and stll give the rest of us a chance to own said ship.

Not 100% sure the stand will be black, but I'll keep you posted.

While I'm obviously going to buy the ship even if the stand isn't black, I'd hope that it'd be changed from the blue of the first release so that it would match all of DST's other ship stands. Then again, I also wish you guys would consider using the Enterprise–B's stand (sans the "peg" on top of the ball joint,) for future runs of the TWOK 1701 and 1701–A, as it's technically more accurate to that era than the current stand, (which is more suited to the TOS 1701,) and more sturdy as well. I wouldn't mind paying a few extra bucks for a stand that's a little less wobbly than the ones currently holding up my ships.

#31 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:18 PM

I honestly think it'd be almost insane not to release an NX–02 "Columbia" variant of the new NX–01. The ship got plenty of screen–time in ENT S4, and is probably the least expensive variant DST could produce given the size of the NX–01 and the fact that a new sound chip and some tampo stamps for said variant would likely be the only significant tooling costs associated with its creation. Besides, it'd technically allow DST to release a "new" ship from Enterprise without having to take the risk of tooling anything new. I also wouldn't mind seeing a re–release of the battle damaged version from "Azati Prime" and/or a re–release of the mirror universe version. (Who am I kidding, I'd scoop up all three variants by virtue of them being Trek ships from DST.) I should also point out that another possible variant would be the mirror universe NX–09 I.S.S. Avenger from IaMD as well. Come to think of it, that would open up the door to the possibility of a Constitution–Class U.S.S. Defiant from the same episode as well, which would distinguish it from the SDCC version and stll give the rest of us a chance to own said ship.

While I'm obviously going to buy the ship even if the stand isn't black, I'd hope that it'd be changed from the blue of the first release so that it would match all of DST's other ship stands. Then again, I also wish you guys would consider using the Enterprise–B's stand (sans the "peg" on top of the ball joint,) for future runs of the TWOK 1701 and 1701–A, as it's technically more accurate to that era than the current stand, (which is more suited to the TOS 1701,) and more sturdy as well. I wouldn't mind paying a few extra bucks for a stand that's a little less wobbly than the ones currently holding up my ships.

Hope they make it so!  Those are great ideas.

#32 DSTZach

DSTZach

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:21 PM

Come to think of it, that would open up the door to the possibility of a Constitution–Class U.S.S. Defiant from the same episode as well, which would distinguish it from the SDCC version and stll give the rest of us a chance to own said ship.

Everyone in the U.S. has the chance to own the SDCC Defiant, as we still have some listed in our web store for non-attendees. Not sure if any retailers have made it available overseas yet.

http://www.diamondse...-sdcc-exclusive

#33 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:29 PM

Thanks for the heads–up Zach! I just ordered mine this morning. :) Looking forward to adding the new NX–01 to my collection too.

#34 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:33 PM

There she is, I gotta say it's absolutely amazing looking. This is a definite purchase for me.

#35 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:27 PM

There she is, I gotta say it's absolutely amazing looking. This is a definite purchase for me.

Lights and paint are awesome!

Voice clips are lower than Bakula's real voice, similar to what happened with the Ent-A.

#36 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 29 December 2015 - 11:26 PM

Oh that's an absolute beauty. The bridge sounds with the lights-on feature are fantastic. If it's around £30-40, I'll buy this right away.

The sounds with the lights-on feature is such a great addition. Trying to imagine how cool that'd be with a Reliant and Defiant (Reliant could have Khan interject every 2 minutes with him saying "THERE SHE IS, there she is!"). :D

#37 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:50 AM

That is really freaking cool. Thank you DST for sparking my need to give you $$ once again! :) :) Thank you Zach for the video!

#38 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:39 AM

Lights and paint are awesome!

Voice clips are lower than Bakula's real voice, similar to what happened with the Ent-A.

Maybe they weren't fresh batteries?

Either way for me it doesn't matter much. As long as the lights on feature works, and the paint is improved over the previous versions, it's a purchase for me. 

Is this the first ship DST has done bridge sounds while the lights on feature is on? I think they've done it with the Delorean or KITT, but can't think of any ships having it. 

#39 tuvok47

tuvok47

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 11:57 AM

Why not make the stand black to match every other ship?  

#40 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 12:10 PM

Why not make the stand black to match every other ship?  

That's my biggest disappointment. I was so excited when I saw the black stand originally. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users