Discovery
Shenzhou

#62 MisterPL

MisterPL

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:01 AM

If I were DST and the new movies were suddenly on the menu, I'd want to be the first to offer the NCC-1701-A from Star Trek Beyond.

#63 mynameschris

mynameschris

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:31 AM

If I were DST and the new movies were suddenly on the menu, I'd want to be the first to offer the NCC-1701-A from Star Trek Beyond.

I would agree if like DST I was expecting it to arrive in a possible 4th film without major changes... Look how much the 1701 changed between Into Darkness and Beyond!

#64 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:51 AM

I'd expect to see the 2009 version of the Enterprise, the Kelvin and the Franklin. I'm not sure about the Vengeance?

#65 MisterPL

MisterPL

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 03:41 PM

DST produces these ships at the speed of Hallmark ornaments, don't they? I'd say anything named Enterprise usually has a greater chance of being made, especially if it can be repurposed, but either way, three ships is three years worth of product development for this line's category.

#66 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:00 PM

We haven't really had a completely new ship every year. I don't know if I count he NX-01 and A redo.

#67 Nigel

Nigel

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:27 AM

Well, I thought DST was finished because of this MacFarlane thing. Two new ships is sounding pretty cool!

#68 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 06:17 PM

Well I think at this point we call time on the DST Star Trek line. Whatever if ever something Star Trek comes eventually, surely its going to be something different from what weve seen in recent years.

#69 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 04:18 AM

Well.. according to the the last ask DST... DST Chuck thinks they are still making product...and this was just last week.

Fabricio V. 
Hello Guys! I have questions related to Star Trek: 
1- How are you on action figures now? I know that another company has licensed all Star Trek related merchandise including Discovery and it has been a while that the Khan figure is to be released. To be honest it is not a fully articulated figure and I want to know what is your position in that matter. Are you still making those figures or is Khan the last? 
2 – After the Reliant is out are you going to be focusing on ships from movies or TV? We really want Defiant and Voyager. Is a ship per year too much? 
3 – And now the props, TNG cobra phaser is almost out but what about a tricorder? Would be just awesome to have one just like you guys made the away set for TOS. 
Live long and prosper! 

DSTChuck: 
1. We are still at work on Trek figures, including the Borg and a couple new pieces. Khan has been out for a little while. 
2. At this time, we have not planned a stop to the ship line, in fact we have begun development on the ship we will do after the Reliant. 
3. We have no plans to make a Tricorder from TNG.

#70 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:29 AM

I'd love Voyager or the JJ Enterprise (whether the 2009 or Beyond)

#71 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:46 PM

I generally like the Defiant better than Voyager.  That being said I kinda hope Voyager is the next ship after the Reliant.

#72 trekhunter1701

trekhunter1701

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:41 PM

I'm not holding my breath for anything at all anymore. They keep announcing new items and showing pictures for all kinds of other products lines but NOTHING at all for Trek. Obviously NOT a priority for DST anymore.

#73 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:38 AM

Very true trekhunter, I'm still hopeful to get the TNG cobra Phaser, but after that I doubt we'll see any new Role Play.

#74 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:28 AM

Could the silence be a good thing though? Seems to me from that last Ask DST theyre not done with Star Trek but working on several new products.

Could all this down time be a good thing for the line?

Sometimes if you leave something long enough without releasing product and then relaunch a while later, theres renewed interest.

With the success of Star Trek: Discovery and a second season in the works, it seems to me that DST would be keen to capitalise on that success by doing product based on the forever-favourite classics and if rumour is to be true, the kelvin timeline too.

It would make good business sense to go dark with Star Trek for a number of months, and then at toy fair next February, launch a new line; perhaps sculpted by a different art team, perhaps a new direction? No more selects, more articulation and a return to more articulated figures in the black series style box packaging a lot of toy companys are following now.

Dare I say we may see a number of new figures from both the classic franchise and the new kelvin franchise?

Even further out on that limb, Id say that DST are working on Kelvin Timeline ships (The Enterprise being the first) and figures. Jaylah? Kirk? Spock? McCoy? Uhura? Khan? Nero? Spock Prime? I wouldnt be surprised if we saw some or all of those, the new kelvin timeline would make some decent action figures.

#75 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:42 AM

Your so optimistic 1701D! I'm glad someone is!

#76 MisterPL

MisterPL

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:22 AM

According to the latest Ask DST, Chuck would love to do a Kelvin Universe Enterprise:

Michael C.: Will you guys at some point do the JJ enterprise from 09 and beyond, or the kelvin. i would like to hear about that. Also, have you guys ever considered the USS Grism from Star trek III. There’s enough dialog from the captain that I’m sure it would work. And have you ever considered re doing the enterprise from star trek III.

DSTChuck: We have long wanted to do a Enterprise from the JJ movies, so we’ll have to see if that is possible in the future.

He also reiterated that they're developing another mystery ship after the Reliant:

Dave C.: Hey Chuck, will you guys be releasing a model of the U.S.S. Enterprise based on the Phase II design? I just saw the diecast miniature that is coming from Eaglemoss but a larger scale one with lights and sounds would be incredible.

DSTChuck: Right now we are working on the Reliant and starting development on the ship after that – hopefully we will have news for everyone by Toy Fair.

And in Trek-ish news, now that The Orville has gotten a second season, they may look into that property:

Damon K.: Hi, I’m a huge fan of your ship replicas and was wondering is there any chance we could see an electronic replica of the Orville. The show is amazing and I’m sure I’m not alone in wanting a toy of that ship.

DSTChuck: I think it is way too soon to consider product for that show – maybe if it gets picked up for a S2 we could look into it.

#77 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:19 AM

If DST made an electronic Orville, Id buy it in a heartbeat.

#78 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:56 AM

I'd buy Orville Role-Play!

#79 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:20 PM

Well, it got picked up for season 2, so....

#80 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:55 AM

DST should look at The Orville, Galaxy Quest too.

You know what Id really like to see from DST... Some Big Bang Theory select figures, some Friends select figures and Frasier select figures... in no way related to Star Trek except for the mentions on each of those shows, but that would be neat I think.

Id also like to see DC Select too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users