• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:18 PM

Then again maybe she has her reasons for not telling anyone that he is daniel.

#22 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:33 PM

Could Starbuck be Daniel? She seems to remember that John or whatever his name is said he somehow damaged the Daniel resurrection pods. So could Starbuck be the result of it? I haven't watched this week and like FHC, hated Ellen and Callie, but I liked the way they've done her character since she came back. Much more interesting in my opinion. I also heard that around the end of March is the end of BSG according to my latest Toyfare, this sound right to anyone else?

#23 pst01

pst01

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (The_Donster @ Feb 22 2009, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could Starbuck be Daniel? She seems to remember that John or whatever his name is said he somehow damaged the Daniel resurrection pods. So could Starbuck be the result of it? I haven't watched this week and like FHC, hated Ellen and Callie, but I liked the way they've done her character since she came back. Much more interesting in my opinion. I also heard that around the end of March is the end of BSG according to my latest Toyfare, this sound right to anyone else?

march 13 and 20 are the dates of final two-part episode, apparently 3 hours long with an even longer edition for the DVD release.

again, as ron moore stated in his commentary for last week's show, daniel is a reference to daniel graystone, one of the main characters of 'caprica'. seems a bit of a stretch to imagine that he is also starbuck, but he could be starbuck's father. ellen stated that daniel was an 'artist' and while yeah starbuck was also an artist, it was stated in a season-2 episode that her father was a musician...which is kind of an artist...

i don't know how i feel about that theory, but look, just because she was reborn doesn't mean she's a cylon or even related to them. the mysticism and religious story is still really present and has always seemed somewhat (but not entirely) separate from the cylon arc. baltar's 'head six' claims she's an angel. in 'maelstrom', kara has visions of a two (leoben), but he very clearly said that he was not leoben. caprica six was having visions of baltar in 'downloaded' and even baltar had a fleeting vision of that very same being. in 'no exit' - last week's episode - sam stated that tori and tyrol had visions of people that no one else could see when they were all living back on earth.

sounds to me like there is a third party.

#24 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 05:42 PM

Starbuck is a clone. I've been wrong almost every other time but I really think that I'm on this one.

#25 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:36 PM

In all likelihood, there are no more Daniels. I think, if any Daniels weren't killed by the tampering of their resurrection units, that they or perhaps the one surviving Daniel would probably not be a part of either the Colonial or Cylon fleet. Perhaps a Daniel did survive and he created Starbuck.

#26 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:27 PM

Daniels is Starbuck's dad???!!!!!!

#27 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:41 PM

Wow I completely missed that. I need to start paying better attention to the details. That would make sense and be a good tie in to the Caprica series. Would that make Starbuck a half human/half cylon hybrid or a cylon baby? Im so confused it not even funny any more but I am definately hooked again. If you're like me, Ive been spending some serious tme on the battlestar wiki just to keep things straight in my head.

#28 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:44 AM

Well, I think that it's the song that ties it together, which by the way is Bob Dylan's All Along the Watch Tower

also redone by Jimi Hendrix, which is the version that most know,

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

that they're playing in some crazy fashion. Starbuck's dad showed the song to her, Hera jots down dots on a piece of paper that line up with notes to play the same song. Then the guy on the bench poof GONE as soon as the Tigh and the others rush the piano. How could have Starbuck's dad have known that song? I bet that her dad was Daniel. Explains why he suddenly left her when she was little.

#29 stardust

stardust

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (The_Donster @ Feb 22 2009, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could Starbuck be Daniel?

I don't think so. The show has repeatedly hinted that there is a third party supernatural force playing god with the Cylons and the humans. I believe that this entity resurrected Starbuck like the Prophets did with Sisko on DS9. Afterall, they chose Starbuck to find Earth and they sent the vision of the maelstrom she painted in her apartment on Caprica. Obviously they exist outside of space time otherwise they wouldn't have been aware of the supernova in season three.

This would allow for a way to bring in these entities and explain what happened to Starbuck without resorting to yet another cast member being another Cylon which would be predictable. I think the writers have used that card numerous times.

#30 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:14 PM

Yes the Ship of Lights.

#31 stardust

stardust

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (FHC @ Mar 17 2009, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes the Ship of Lights.

I hadn't heard of this but I googled it and read up on them at wiki--given I never saw the original series. I'm certain now that it is the ship of lights since it said in the wiki entry that thir ships emitted a loud sound. Back in I think "The Road Less Traveled" that when Starbuck was all crazed and doing all sorts of painiting on the Demetrius she kept asking, "what is that sound?".

It also said these beings wore white and their ships were bright white lights which is what her viper looked like when it was restored plus the Final Five in D'Anna's vision in "Eye of Jupiter" were wearing extremely bright white hoods bathed in bright white lights as well as in "No Exit".
Here is the link

In the episode "War of the Gods", the crew of the ship indicate they are the natural enemies of Count Iblis. Because it is strongly implied that Count Iblis may be the original basis for stories of Satan, this could imply the Ship Of Lights is meant to represent angels. However, this is not stated directly. On the other hand, the episode indicates very strongly that the Ship Of Lights is meant to be "good" and Iblis is meant to be "evil".

In Galactica 1980's last episode "The Return of Starbuck" the character of Dr. Zee is revealed to have been born to Starbuck and an inhabitant of the Ship of Lights. While the series was cancelled before it could be shot, a script was written where it is revealed that Starbuck had in fact joined the Seraphs

I found the bolded text interesting. Baltar talked of angels in the last few episodes and in one shot Starbuck was focused on as he said that. Plus it could mean the HeadFigures are the evil entities. Sort of the Pagh'wraiths to the Ship of Lights' Prophets.

#32 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:49 PM

Is it really that simple? Im really not sure how I am going receive it if it is true.

#33 stardust

stardust

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ Mar 17 2009, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it really that simple? Im really not sure how I am going receive it if it is true.

I think it is a cool idea how they were able to weave an interesting idea from the original series into the show. My only concern is revealing a new player in the last to hours of the show instead of rolling them out earlier and exploring them more. Maybe two hours is all that is needed but it does feel a little last minute that they dump them on us. I'll wait and see how it is handle.

Maybe Starbuck's dad wasn't a Cylon but one of these beings and had to leave her behind because he was recalled to his Ship of lights existence. He might even have been chosen to father her sort of like Sarah with Sisko so she could fulfill this destiny of hers.

#34 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 05:18 AM

In some interview way back, Ron Moore was asked about The Ship of Lights and if it would be in the new series. I think his answer was something like, not for awhile. It however did come up. Maybe a Google search for Ron and Ship of Lights might find it.

Yes I am old enough to remember the first series, and this two part episode, and that's why I knew that! smile.gif Apollo died in that episode and they brought him back, BTW mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Sounds like Starbuck???

OK I did one, I'm sure there's more...

http://www.battlesta..._outdoc0050.htm

#35 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:00 AM

I am with you Mark. I also remember watching the two part episode when it originaly aired and many times since then LOL.

Another similarity about it and the new show is that before Apollo was killed by Count Iblis they came across a crashed ship that had a body in it that they seemed very confused about. I always wanted to know who was in it.

As for the ship of lights entering in the new BSG. I think it would have worked if they would have done one more season. That way they could have built on it for a while. That may have been the original plan but I dont think they will explore it now. I just dotn see how they could tie up all of the loose ends of the show while introducing a new story element like that. But I guess we will all find out Friday night.

#36 stardust

stardust

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Mar 18 2009, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for the ship of lights entering in the new BSG. I think it would have worked if they would have done one more season. That way they could have built on it for a while. That may have been the original plan but I dont think they will explore it now. I just dotn see how they could tie up all of the loose ends of the show while introducing a new story element like that. But I guess we will all find out Friday night.

The Ship of Lights might be a new element but it isn't like it would be an awkwardly irrelevant piece dropped into the mix at the last minute. On the contrary, it would be a missing key piece whose introduction would click into place and unify all the remaining questions the show has--what happened to Starbuck, who is the third party, who are the head characters, why did they appear to the Final Five on Earth, what caused the exodus from Kobol, how were the 13th tribe capable of procreation, who is the Cylon God, who are the Lords of Kobol, who is the "one whose name shall not be spoken" from the the season three mid season two-parter, who were sending the visions to D'Anna/Athena/Six/Roslin etc.

The Ship of Lights would tie everything together and make everything make sense I wouldn't be surprised to see in the finale these beings stopping at the last minute the inevitable battle between the Cylons and the colonials and appearing to them and revealing everything telling them what they must do next.

#37 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:00 PM

Soon, we will all know...maybe!!

#38 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:36 PM

Tonight I see a suicide mission, with only Helo, Athena and Hera escaping. Helo of course is competing against himself each week, as I also Tivo "Dollhouse". It's an ok way to waste an hour.

#39 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:51 PM

MOST questions were answered. LOL I should have known. tongue.gif

#40 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:32 AM

How it ended meshed with my original theory. I thought the mid-season finale threw a wrench into the works, then they threw another wrench, which knocked the first wrench out of the way. I loved how it ended. It was such a rollercoaster ride getting there, and that was the best part.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users