• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 DS9_Fan

DS9_Fan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:28 AM

Check out AA's website here HERE. Good news for those who missed them first time round. No sign of Chekov though.

#2 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:12 PM

That's absolutely a brilliant idea!

With the new movie a TOS based re-boot, there is sure to be interest in these, and I know I'll pick some up if for no other reason then for the head sculpts to make new versions of some characters!

here's hoping this sparks enough interest that DST will take a risk or two and do more DS9 or Voyager figures!

#3 Kassle

Kassle

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Apr 22 2009, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's absolutely a brilliant idea!

With the new movie a TOS based re-boot, there is sure to be interest in these, and I know I'll pick some up if for no other reason then for the head sculpts to make new versions of some characters!

here's hoping this sparks enough interest that DST will take a risk or two and do more DS9 or Voyager figures!

Very smart idea on the part of DST. With the release of Chapel & Rand, this makes it VERY easy to put together a complete Season 1 Bridge crew! I dig it.

#4 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:30 PM

This is great news. I already have these so I won't be buying any, but if the new movie brings in new collectors their going to want to start with the base crew and build from there. If they can garner a larger collector base we could see an even more expanded TOS line. I just hope they don't miss the boat on this one, if they don't get them in the stores by the end of may their going to miss out on hooking a lot of collectors at the peak of their interest. They have had plenty of notice about the new movie ideally they should have had these hitting the stores this week or next, I hope their poor planning doesn't hurt this new release.

#5 Sgt. Stinky

Sgt. Stinky

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Indiana Jones, Friends and especially Family

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:47 PM

If the Kirk & Sulu (hopefully Chekov eventually) uniforms all match, I will have to at least rebuy those figures. That has been my one TOS figures pet peeve. Kirk's was the mustard color and the other two were a bright yellow. Scotty and Uhura bothered me too but not like Kirk, Sulu, Chekov. The Star Trek goodness for 2009 is glorious and overwhelming. biggrin.gif

#6 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:59 PM

Truly a brilliant move, but they need to get a move on the releases if they want to be proper competition.

Ya know, Chekov with helm would be a good way to get him back out there... biggrin.gif

#7 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:29 PM

Actually if they were doing 2-pack re-releases, what I would've liked to see is...

Kirk/Rand
Spock/McCoy
Sulu/Chekov
Uhura/Scotty
Medical McCoy/Chapel

Taken Rand & Chapel out of wave 5 and replace them w/ the Enterprise Incident Kirk and Romulan Commander, who still don't have a home.
It would have gotten Chekov out, who is conspicuously absent, still given us Rand and Chapel, and left a potentially open slot in wave 5 if they wanted to also replace the stand-alone Medical McCoy with something else. It would've also forced a bump in sales for the Kirk/Rand 2-pack and the Medical McCoy / Chapel (combating Kirk fatigue and the rather obscure McCoy variant) for those who really want R & C.

As it is, if the colors on the tunics are actually consistent this time around, I'll get them eventually. If not, I'll just stick with what I have since I've already got the original set.

#8 Nigel

Nigel

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:07 PM

I just got my Kirk w/electronic command chair today from BBTS...the tunic colour on the re-issue is more accurate but the skin paint, eyebrows and other things aren't as good as the original AA job....so I probably won't be buying any more of these re-issues...maybe the Sulu one cuz it looks like they got his skin colour right. And where the heck is Chekov??

#9 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:29 PM

If the colors are right on Uhura this time, she will be well worth buying again. I will probably end up buying them all again. Since they already released the Kirk and Spock, they should have only released the others on two packs, but i can understand why they stuck a Kirk in one pack, a Spock in another, to try and ensure sales of the less popular characters. Anyone have any idea when these will show up in the stores?

#10 Smitty

Smitty

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:52 PM

I will get Bones and Sulu, even though I got a Sulu but I have no Bones. Spock and Scotty too. Kirk and Uhura I dunno. Have Uhura and I got Kirk with the chair just this Monday.

-cs

#11 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:19 PM

Drat, the website is down now.

#12 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (Sybeck1 @ Apr 23 2009, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Drat, the website is down now.

Damn! I didn't get to see it at all.

QUOTE (VulcanFanatic @ Apr 23 2009, 07:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If the colors are right on Uhura this time, she will be well worth buying again.

Do you mean the missing leg stockings?

#13 Smitty

Smitty

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:32 PM

http://trekmovie.com...ates-pics-more/

-cs

#14 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (Artistix @ Apr 22 2009, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damn! I didn't get to see it at all.

Do you mean the missing leg stockings?

Actually i was referring to the color of her uniform, which Art Asylum made a different shade of red than Scotty's shirt color.
QUOTE (Smitty @ Apr 22 2009, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#15 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:41 PM

Photos can also be seen here:
http://www.flickr.co...57617182753992/

#16 Smitty

Smitty

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (VulcanFanatic @ Apr 22 2009, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, thats a great article! I remember just a few short years ago when we were on this forum just hoping to hear any news at all of any new Star Trek figures, now there is so much coming out we are overwhelmed! Wow, need to get a notebook to write all of this down so i dont forget anything. Sounds like there will be news pretty soon as to the future of the retro line. I have all of the Star Trek and Planet of the Apes retro figures, with no more announced, i hope we get more announced figures soon.

The movie is giving them a leg up.

-cs

#17 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:58 PM

It's nice to see that their giving collectors who missed out on the figures the first time around a second chance to collect them .

#18 Smitty

Smitty

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:14 PM

Of which I'm one!

In the days when AA just had their stuff in specialty stores. Be they Spencer's, Suncoast, Game Stop etc.

-cs

#19 Mason

Mason

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Collecting Action Figures, Collecting DVD's

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:55 AM

I think it's fantastic that they're jumping on the bandwagon of the new movie by rereleasing the Original crew for folks that didn't get them the first time around. It would make more sense (IMO) to just release Sulu, Chekov, Uhura and Scotty in the 2-packs. Kirk and Spock have already been rereleased. And McCoy is already set for a reissue in his own package. Why not get the entire crew out instead of missing poor Chekov?

I'll definitely be getting these!! Hopefully they'll fix the colour issues with Uhura/Scotty and Kirk/Sulu/Chekov. Plus they'll be in the same "new" packaging as the Wave 5 figures so they'll match Rand and Chapel. For MOC collectors like myself, that is VERY exciting!! smile.gif

#20 Smitty

Smitty

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:10 AM

I look at no Chekov this way. These 2 packs are first season.

See! Thankfully I already have Pavel so I ain't sweating it.

Speaking of 2 packs how about Mr. Kyle and Mr. Leslie?

About time those guys got their due, immortalized in plastic!

-cs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users