#1 Jpatrik

Jpatrik

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:Sci-Fi, Star Trek, Fitness, Writing, World Domination

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:36 AM

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a Cobalt Seven Of Nine (y'know, the one in the blue outfit?) for $15.00 MIB.  The problem is, she won't stand.

One of her legs seems deformed and that means she cannot stand without her action base.

I'm trying to find another one (new) but the ebay prices seem rather inconsistent.

Any idea of the actual value of this figure - how much should I expect to pay for one new in the packet?

Cheers

- Jim

#2 Redshirt#7

Redshirt#7

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:Avoiding landing parties, surviving till the titles roll

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

Hi Jim,

She can go for anything from £50.00 to £150.00 in the UK, which is around $82.38 to $247.15 Australian Dollars, judging from your location. But don't worry, I got mine for £8.50 ($14.01 AUS), so you can get one cheap if you wait long enough.

But...

Have you tried giving her a hot water bath, and trying to bend her leg back to the correct position? I've had the same problem with a Pike and Mirror Sisko, and it fixed them fine.

#3 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:40 PM

She was an International Exclusive so not Released in the US. And i have seen her go for a pretty penny for sure

#4 Jpatrik

Jpatrik

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:Sci-Fi, Star Trek, Fitness, Writing, World Domination

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:56 AM

Cheers,

Thanks Redshirt - I managed to find a replacement for $50.00 (US) - judging by your comments - It was a steal!

Yes indeed, the hot water bath and hairdryer both failed to improve her.  Seven is tricky cause she's in that rather fixed pose with no knee articulation.

Bad Bunny - yeah I remember hearing that she was an international exclusive along with Insurrection Beverley.  I gotta say though, I never saw either one of them in Australia when they were released.

- Jim

#5 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:49 AM

She's one of the more difficult figures to pose period. It was the same for the Silver and Purple versions too. It took me a long time getting those three to stand upright for a pose even without the deformity.

I know it sounds crazy, but if you're tried the warm water bending and it hasn't worked, try a triage method like taping the leg between two rulers or other flat surfaces. Leave it for several hours before pulling it out of the triage. I've had that work with a few figures, but it's not a guarantee. 

One option, If you're wanting display her but not use the action base, would be using a neutral museum putty or the like. 

#6 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:07 PM

Seven & Insurrection Beverly were exclusives down here in Australia. Though for unknown reasons Beverly was the more heavily packed figure.

I never had any trouble standing the Sevens. Their legs seem straight:

Sevenfigs.jpg

As mentioned above you can boil them, set the limb in the shape you want & then freeze them. Always worked for my 4" JLU figures.

#7 Hayesimus

Hayesimus

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:02 AM

If anyone has a cobalt seven of nine please let me know. I can't find one that isn't an arm and a leg. I'm just a humble collector. Looking for a reasonable price. If gladly take your deformed one off your hands.

#8 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 03:04 AM

LOVE my Seven's! But purple? If it's the ToyFare exclusive she's more brown than purple. There was SUPPOSED to be a purple,don't know if it ever got released though. Wish I was good at custom stuff,I'd paint me a purple one,lol! I think I have all the Voyager figs PM did,probably the only line of figs from a show I completed,lol!

These days I only find myself wanting the rest of the new movie stuff and the complete bridge playset and so on. Probably 'cos it'll never happen. I loved it all and it just makes me sad seeing pics of what was to come and never did.

And you guys talking about putting Seven in water and legs and hairdryer just cracked me up,LOL!

J-R!

#9 Hayesimus

Hayesimus

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:26 PM

Robster, they made a purple one. It's supposed to be the cocoa brown suit she wore but it's very purple. She never actually wore purple did she? I remember silver, brown, blue, and burgundy.

I painted one (on the right) to be her burgundy suit.

2u407xy.jpg

#10 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:39 PM

Nice paint job! So the purple one in this pic is the one that came out? Was that the ToyFaire exclusive? I have that,still in it's box though,but looking at her she still looks real brown to me,or maybe more.....plum?,or something. She did actually wear purple on the show,but not very often. Usually the brown/plum,burgundy and blue. The silver one was only the first few episodes after she was de-Borgified. They blamed it on men not paying attention to the story when she was wearing it....or something stupid like that. LOL! But she sure did look GOOOOOD in that catsuit.

Thanks for posting a pic,I LIKE it!

J-R!

#11 Hayesimus

Hayesimus

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:04 PM

Actually they stopped using the silver because the collar was uncomfortable for her. Notice it's the only one with a collar. And I'd like to see a screen shot of a purple suit because I'm really thinking there wasn't one. But it's been a while. Lol

#12 Hayesimus

Hayesimus

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:07 PM

I think you're referring to the reddish outfit. Which is what I called burgundy.

#13 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:09 PM

She was in a plum one yes

#14 Hayesimus

Hayesimus

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:24 PM

Pics?

#15 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:12 PM

I heard the collar excuse too,and various others,.....but I like the first one I heard better,lol!

I'll see if I can find any pics of her in all the various colours. Shouldn't be too hard as there are plenty of pics of her online,lol! She was even in a Starfleet uniform in one episode.

Also gonna check my ToyFare exclusive fig,see what colour she has.

J-R!

#16 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:37 AM

Actually they stopped using the silver because the collar was uncomfortable for her. Notice it's the only one with a collar. And I'd like to see a screen shot of a purple suit because I'm really thinking there wasn't one. But it's been a while. Lol

Hey all,

Seven did actually have a brown version with a collar but was very short lived.

scientificmethod_183.jpg

More pictures can be seen here:-

http://voy.trekcore....lbum=162&page=8

Take care,

Matty-lad

#17 Redshirt#7

Redshirt#7

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:Avoiding landing parties, surviving till the titles roll

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:25 PM

Pictures of her in the purple "biosuit":

http://trekcore.com/...e/7of9_s7_b.jpg

http://trekcore.com/...ativity_767.jpg

http://trekcore.com/...ne/7of9_s6c.jpg

(this one's kind of creepy)

http://trekcore.com/...ne/ttds_114.jpg

And trekcore's gallery of images:

http://trekcore.com/...album=10&page=1

#18 Hayesimus

Hayesimus

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:09 PM

Yeah that's not purple. I'll concede "plum" could accurately describe it but it's more of a red than purple. Most people called it a burgundy.

#19 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:43 AM

Ok,here's a link to the TF exclusive one. Looks kinda brown purple-ish,lol. Mine is more like the second link,more brown.

http://www.figurerea...enofninetoyfare

http://www.startrekt...vo05/tf-sev.htm

J-R!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users