• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#61 Darth Duranium

Darth Duranium

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:26 AM

Well I have no idea on the price, however if you do put it up for auction, let us know where. As long as you post to the UK, I'll be all over this.

Take care,

Matty-lad

No worries, M-L. I'll definitely open the auction up to the UK, Holland, Oz, and most other "safe" countries to ship to. And I'll post a note here at TTF when I do, no problem. I hope that's kosher with the forum rules. Is it?

Considering that this may only be 1 of a handful, or maybe even the only one in a package in existence, you can name your price really. Hardcore Star Trek collectors will pay what it takes to get an ultra rare figure like that in their collection. Of course they dont want to pay more that they have to, so dont let yourself be taken by someone who will just resell it for more money , who may not even be a collector, just a scalper. I would list it worldwide on ebay for 2500.00  for a month or even two. Depends on how much patience you have and if you need the money right away. Collectors will find it on ebay, place plenty of pictures, give a great description and dont take the first lower bid you get. If people want it, they will eventually pay what you want for it. If there is no interest after two months, lower the price by a hundred dollars. If you really want the most money you can get from this item, it may take time. Then again, if the right person see's it , you might sell it in 5 minutes. Good luck!

Thanks very much for the advice, VF. I had no idea that it might be in that price range, I'm floored, TBH. I've shown it to a few collector pals and had a few offers so I'll set a reserve but I have to think hard on it. I'm not in a hurry, in any case. I've had it for 3 1/2 years!

...its not all about the money to me, but it is to other people out there, so why let them get your rare item cheaply so that they can make a big profit off of it. During the 25 years that I collected, I rarely made a profit from anything I sold. For every item I made a profit on, I probably sold 10 items at a loss or came out even on it. I have even given brand new, valuable collectibles away and paid for shipping to folks who were very appreciative of it. 

That's just it, isn't it. Like you, about 90% of my ship collection is worth less than I paid for it, and the other 10% is crazy expensive and overvalued due to rarity. As you say, you can break even only if you're not too sentimental about it. And I know that my kollecting karma is good: I've helped out many folks in the recent and distant past for zero financial gain (or a loss), and I've been helped out on many, many occasions, too. There are some great peeps in the community, that's for sure. 

But... this item is truly a special situation as there's only one in existence. I will never see another.

Yeah, it's the old common sense vs helping out fellow collectors conundrum. If I had a Ferrari, I'd love to sell it to a Ferrari fan but I really can't afford to be too emotional about it. If I'd won the lottery, I wouldn't mind letting it go for a song... but regretfully, that's not the case.

Sorry that you were attacked personally, that's totally out of order, IMO. I asked a question, you answered honestly. I appreciate it.

#62 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

Your very welcome Darth!

#63 Morgan

Morgan

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 12:12 PM

Sarek with pog on Canadian 7th season card just sold for $80.00 with shipping. That's still pretty strong money for a single figure.

http://ebay.to/1iULBDi

I think I have seen a Sarek with a Skybox card on the same Canadian 7th season card -- in theory that would not be as valuable, but finding either one is not easy.

#64 dathon18

dathon18

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:40 AM

You are correct Morgan, there is a Canadian version Sarek with the trading card instead of the pog (Lwaxana too), and it does sell for considerably less than the pog version, but it is still quite scarce. In fact, most of the Canadian versions are getting quite hard to find in good condition these days. I'm surprised that the guy that was selling the Sarek w/pog that you linked to got $64 for that figure..... the packaging's plastic was badly yellowed.....  Fred K.

#65 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 12:42 PM

Just thought I would share this for anyone who's been trying to get this rare figure. I follow Larry Nemececk on Facebook and he's been getting rid of a lot of his Star Trek stuff.

http://m.ebay.com/it...128?_mwBanner=1

#66 Shinzon

Shinzon

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:10 PM

Playmates approach to so many exclusives I believe did not do them any favors keeping the line alive.  At that time to make only 1701 figures was ridiculous!!! Of course the fact these figures have only become less and less valuable is something I find amusing... especially when people continue to try to charge outrageous prices and end up re-listing over and over again...

Rarest, here in the US I would have to say is Cobalt 7 of 9...

Also was Tri-Fold Borg really a new figure? or just a repackaging? I personally don't consider packaging variants different products... I know we all have our standards... but I have no interest in collecting multiple Voyager Barclays personally.

#67 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:15 PM

I saw a Canadian-carded Red Data sell for something like $120 or less I think in the past two months. Yes, with a blue sticker on the bubble and a nameless insignia. Hardly see those nowadays. 

That's just about in the neighborhood of Tapestry Picard which I saw sell for $127 or something like that last month, which is realistic on eBay in 2017, all things considered. 

#68 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:38 PM

Sarek with pog on Canadian card brought $42 on eBay recently. Seems like a fair result, all things considered, perhaps even a strong one.

http://www.ebay.com/...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

(however long that link lasts)

#69 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:44 AM

Newsflash: Red Data suddenly a hot commodity in the UK, selling for $191.86. http://ebay.to/2qOxJ4M

I dunno what I'm missing here with this auction. It's not like there was different UK packaging or anything.

s-l500.jpg

#70 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:22 PM

Very true however it was never released over here in the UK. I ended up spending quite a bit of money getting it from eBay USA. Worth it though.

#71 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 06:10 PM

Two big results this week: Sarek w/pog sold for $66.04, while Lwaxana w/pog brought $178.50. More surprised by the latter result, obviously. Haven't seen these kinds of prices for, uhh, at least 20 years.

914357605_tp.jpg

Generally, these two have been valued pretty evenly, without too much regard for condition as long as the packages hadn't been stepped on. A big surprise with the selling price of the Troi figure. Who'd have thunk, in 2017?

914357784_tp.jpg

#72 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 09:57 AM

914357748_tp.jpg

AFA 80-grade Sarek with pog on Canadian card brought $46 recently.

I think this is a fairly realistic result in this day and age. Nothing too crazy.

#73 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:56 PM

US-market Red Data on a minty card brought $90.00 plus shipping this week after 15 bids, with foot #000442 prominently and helpfully advertised.

Strong result, even in the backdrop of a figure that brought $191.86 just a few months prior.

http://ebay.to/2sN0PPW

#74 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 06:03 PM

US-market Red Data on a minty card brought $65.00 plus shipping in July 2017 with a Buy It Now, it seems.

Well bought, I have to say.

http://ebay.to/2vYObOS

#75 Quark

Quark

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:42 AM

I just saw an auction last night that had 6 of the rarest but I cant find it now and I looked at completed auctions too.  It had the barclary, tapestry picard, a dr crusher, one of the Seven's, and a Data.. maybe one more.   Maybe they sold it off ebay.  Forgot the price.

#76 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 08:04 PM

I just saw an auction last night that had 6 of the rarest but I cant find it now and I looked at completed auctions too.  It had the barclary, tapestry picard, a dr crusher, one of the Seven's, and a Data.. maybe one more.   Maybe they sold it off ebay.  Forgot the price.

I did see a Tapestry Picard, Yar and Barclay offered as 3 separate carded figures in one lot recently, it's gone now. Not a bad way to buy them if the price is right. (I still don't have those on separate cards myself).

#77 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 08:09 PM

Some very obscure figures sold on eBay in July 2017:

Dax in duty uniform on Australian 1st release card sold for $20.00

O'Brien in duty uniform on Australian 1st release card sold for $25.00

Well bought, I have to say, but also realistically priced in this day and age. I love the fact that there was zero awareness of these on the Usenets and The AOL 1.0s back in the day. No collectibles shops had their hands on these in the US and no one was gouging collectors with these exotics. Price guides had no clue either.

gLXwSL0.jpg

#78 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:03 PM

US-market Red Data on a minty card brought $62.55 w/out shipping, after a protracted battle with 24 bids. Foot number not stated but it's a 3-digit number based on photos.

Exterior protective case still bears a 300.00 price tag on the bottom, which was just about top dollar for these 20 years ago.

Well bought!

http://ebay.to/2fnxJol

#79 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:47 PM

A US-market Red Data with a damaged blister sold for $66.58 excluding shipping in Aug 2017. The blister itself had what honestly looked like mice bite marks on the right and left bottom corners of the plastic.

Have never seen this sort of damage before, whether caused by age or external factors, but the seller was up front about it and provided detailed photos in the listing. Strong result for a figure with some issues -- I should note that minty ones trade in this range as well and have been known to sit unsold for a few weeks even.

However long this link lasts: http://ebay.to/2wVKLRd

656u7Tcm.jpg

#80 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 08:07 PM

The Borg Cube appears to be one of the few vehicles still in demand, and a recent couple of sales have indicated pretty well where these are trending.

The cube in the upper photo sold for $35.00 + free shipping after 6 bids, while the cube at the bottom sold for $36.00 + $11.86 with shipping after 13 bids. Strong results in this day and age, and I should probably note that back in the 90s the cube itself was not a hot item with collectors at all. The top cube is numbered #15119 and the bottom is #50665, so there were plenty of these out there.

axqbb30.jpg

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users