Anovos Star Trek prop replicas

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:22 PM

Amazing stuff, but probably in the same category as the QMX ships. I'd love to be wrong there though. :'(

#42 tuvok47

tuvok47

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:17 PM

Maybe they'd consider a standard vs premier type thing like they do with some of their uniforms.

#43 tuvok47

tuvok47

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 10:18 PM

Another look at the FC rifles from the Anovos FB page:

image.jpg1.jpg

#44 richpit

richpit

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek toys, Star Trek props, Star Trek stuff in general!

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:49 PM

It's my understanding (from over at the TPZ) that those are not even Anovos prototypes.  They got fan-made replicas so they would have something to display at SDCC. I don't remember who made them, but they're TPZ members.

#45 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:00 PM

Crap.... The Nemesis Phaser features the opening cowl..... I gotta have it!!! But I bet it will be around 500.00. :(

#46 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:40 PM

If they release them all at the same time I'm going to have to get a bank loan!

Really stunning offerings!

#47 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:38 PM

[TrekToy.com forumites discover Destructor!!! in a crumpled catatonic state on the ground, twitching, drooling, and vocalising unintelligibly]

urr... furr.. bleb... phaser rifles... grovfl... tricorder... heerrrbbbb... type II First Contact phaser... urrble...

#48 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 03:21 AM

More info and images from Anovos:

http://www.startrek....cas-from-anovos

#49 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:09 AM

DS9 rifle, Boomerang and Dolphin phasers, lovely, my dream props (to go with my tricorder).

Including the First Contact rifles and tricorders as well, Anovos definitely know what the Next-Gen era fans want. I have to be honest, I'm glad to see the Boomerang and Dolphin getting made before the Cobra, but that's just my preference (Boomerang = DS9, and Dolphin = 'up to date' Cobra - at least, that's how I think of it).

#50 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:28 PM

I've wanted a First Contact Phaser Rifle since the first time I saw the prop, it really saddens me that i'll probably never be able to afford one of these. 

At least the Boomerang and Dolphin Phasers have SOME change of being made by DST....

#51 tuvok47

tuvok47

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:45 PM

DS9 rifle, Boomerang and Dolphin phasers, lovely, my dream props (to go with my tricorder).

Including the First Contact rifles and tricorders as well, Anovos definitely know what the Next-Gen era fans want. I have to be honest, I'm glad to see the Boomerang and Dolphin getting made before the Cobra, but that's just my preference (Boomerang = DS9, and Dolphin = 'up to date' Cobra - at least, that's how I think of it).

That's what I don't understand about DST doing the cobra. They said it took so long because they couldn't decide which version to do. I'd imagine there's greater demand for the boomerang or dolphin, and more choices for variants.

#52 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:19 AM

I never liked the dolphin phaser myself, the Boomerang was the best TNG era phaser IMO

#53 tuvok47

tuvok47

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 06:58 PM

My vote goes to the boomerang as well. With Voyager and FC variants. I'd buy a buttload and make a weapons locker.

#54 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:09 PM

I do like the First Contact Boomerang but I like the fact that the Dolphin has the sliding cowl. They also could do future Admiral Janeway's Dolphin Phaser variant that really wasn't seen on screen, as the scene was cut, but it was widely shown in trade publications like Star Trek: The Magazine.

#55 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 10:23 PM

The Boomerang is the one I would've thought DST would make first - DS9, First Contact/Insurrection, and Voyager, there's multiple shows being represented by it, and they all had unique variants (different coloured triggers!). The Cobra was only from TNG, and whilst I still love the shape of it, the Boomerang seems to be a big favourite.

Regardless of the order though, if DST ever do make the Dolphin (my favourite as well due to the internals), it definitely needs to have the sliding cowl. I'm sure they would do it, due to the Enterprise Phase Pistol.

Getting back on topic, does anyone think these Anovos props will be slightly cheaper than what we're used to with Roddenberry/Master Replicas/EFX etc, due to the range they're going to offer? Three rifles, two phasers and two tricorders would cost any collector an arm and a leg based off of what we know. Might be just wishful thinking on my part. lol

#56 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 03:56 AM

I doubt they will be cheaper. Especially if they have Hero electronics.

The main reason is I expect the runs to be pretty small. For example, I think the last run of that Rod Tric was only about 200 pieces and it takes skilled people to hand assemble them.

#57 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:00 PM

I'm thinking 400.00-500.00 for the hand Phasers, 600.00-700.00 for the Tricorders and near 1000.00 for the rifles.

I hope I'm wrong, and they are cheaper, but Gothneo is right about how it will most likely go.

#58 tuvok47

tuvok47

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:02 AM

Hopefully they'll offer tier pricing like they do with the uniforms.

More product deets and photos:

http://www.startrek....cas-from-anovos

#59 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:50 AM

Oh man.... The Tricorders feature LCD screens that change readouts when buttons are pushed. That's awesome but these are going to be REALLY pricey.

Maybe as Tuvok47 suggests, they will tier the prop offerings.

#60 AndyW

AndyW

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:18 PM

I wasn't familiar with this company until this thread, what I'm wondering (along with the prices just like everyone else) is will they likely release everything at once?

I've always wanted a TNG/DS9 Phaser rifle, matching FC Phaser, and I'd like a FC Rifle also, but if they all came out at once I'd have to prioritise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users