• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#41 Zodou

Zodou

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:35 PM

You don't like either the Defiant, or Voyager? I take it you're a bit older than me then, and possibly grew up in the 60's? ;)

But honestly dude, you've nothing to worry about in my opinion regarding the Reliant. I'm 1864% sure she's the next Federation ship they're making. As for the Grissom (it's been a bit of a running joke here since they announced the Romulan Bird of Prey like I said), I honestly don't think it stands a good chance of being made, I'm afraid. I do love the ship/design, but I can't see them choosing that over the main ships from the other two series. Then again, this is DST, who like you say, are doing stuff completely randomly, so you never know! I'd buy it and love it, but really don't think it should be given precedence over the hero ships of both Deep Space Nine, and Voyager. Being fair as well, TOS/TMP-UC fans have been spoilt rotten by DST. So many versions of the original Enterprise, refit, A, and now Excelsior, as well as the Phasers, Tricorders and figures. After the Reliant, I think us TNG/DS9/Voyager fans deserve a little bit of love to be honest, wouldn't you agree? :)

You'd be incorrect in the assumption of my age. I'm also aware of the 'running gag"; I'm not joking when I say I want a Grissom. I stand by my previous statements of it's merits. And no, I do not agree with your assertions. Both Voyager and Defiant can be found in other forms including both toys and models, but the Grissom is not as well represented. I'd like to see it made. Were DST to produce a replica of either Voyager or Defiant, I would not be purchasing them; that may put me in the minority but that has never factored into my decision making up to this point, nor will it in the foreseeable future.

#42 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:02 PM

The Grissom is an obscure ship no different then the Akira, Prometheus, or Nebula classes, and because of that DST probably wont make it any time soon. I know people here seem to like it, but is the Oberth class that popular of a ship to the fan base in general? That may factor in to why it has very limited representation.

Don't get me wrong, I'd probably buy an Oberth if DST made it, even though I hate the ship. However if they were to make an obscure ship like it, before the main ships from the show, and the C, I wouldn't be happy. 

Hell, the RBoP is an iconic ship from TOS (thats not saying much), and there has been a ton of backlash against DST making it before some other alien ships. I'd imagine similar backlash if they chose to make something obscure before one of the main ships.

#43 Nigel

Nigel

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:09 PM

The Grissom? I'm not even going to comment on that one....

#44 Nigel

Nigel

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:23 PM

On second thought, I'll say one thing.........one can always dream. :)

#45 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:27 PM

The Grissom? I'm not even going to comment on that one....

Not sure if you're wanting the Grissom... or not wanting the Grissom... I'm leaning towards not wanting the Grissom. 

#46 Nigel

Nigel

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:59 PM

Not sure if you're wanting the Grissom... or not wanting the Grissom... I'm leaning towards not wanting the Grissom. 

Yes, that is what I was sort of implying...I don't want it and it wouldn't happen anyways. It's a bit silly to argue for it.

#47 Zodou

Zodou

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:04 PM

The Grissom is an obscure ship no different then the Akira, Prometheus, or Nebula classes, and because of that DST probably wont make it any time soon. I know people here seem to like it, but is the Oberth class that popular of a ship to the fan base in general? That may factor in to why it has very limited representation.

Don't get me wrong, I'd probably buy an Oberth if DST made it, even though I hate the ship. However if they were to make an obscure ship like it, before the main ships from the show, and the C, I wouldn't be happy. 

Hell, the RBoP is an iconic ship from TOS (thats not saying much), and there has been a ton of backlash against DST making it before some other alien ships. I'd imagine similar backlash if they chose to make something obscure before one of the main ships.

I don't care if anyone else likes it.

#48 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:06 PM

Yikes.  This thread topic is going to yellow alert.

#49 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:16 PM

My position with the Enterprise C is similar to yours, its an obscure ship that really only has representation in the smaller scale toys, just like the Oberth class. (except for the models that aren't made anymore) 

The only thing the Enterprise C has going for it that could potentially get it made, is the Enterprise name. As much as I hope DST will make the C soon, I really don't expect it to be before something like Defiant, or Voyager, just because they had whole shows that featured them. I also don't think the C is the most popular Enterprise out there, I'd guess she is one of the least popular honestly... The only reason I think DST gets requests for it is to complete the line. 

Also, the Eaglemoss version of the Oberth is fantastic, and if you don't have it, I'd certainly recommend picking it up.

#50 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:44 PM

And here's a link to the pic of Ent C that I've been on about. You checked it out yet Alteran?

http://4.bp.blogspot...se-C+render.jpg

Hope you guys can see it.

J-R!

#51 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:31 AM

And here's a link to the pic of Ent C that I've been on about. You checked it out yet Alteran?

http://4.bp.blogspot...se-C+render.jpg

Hope you guys can see it.

J-R!

You know.. I kept wondering why you kept bringing up me looking at that picture, when I had replied on the eaglemoss thread that I had checked it out. Turns out, I never actually hit add reply.... So sorry for seemingly ignoring you. 

I did indeed check it out, a great pic of a beautiful ship. I've always love the mix of Galaxy and Excelsior designs that the Ambassador Class has. 

#52 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:42 AM

LOL! Yeah,I wanted you to see since you mention the ship a lot,so just making sure you did. And yes,I was thinking you'd mentioned it in the EM thread,but when you didn't I decided to mention it in other threads. Now I know why you didn't say anything,lol.

I like that pic.

J-R!

#53 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:59 AM

I'd love to see a variety of ships down the line but either the Reliant, Defiant, Voyager or Enterprise C I hope will be next from DST unless they're going to reveal that the next ship is the USS Enterprise from the JJ Abrams movies which would be awesome to find out DST has a licence for. 

#54 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:05 PM

THAT would be BRILLIANT! Would LOVE some new movie stuff!

J-R!

#55 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:13 PM

I would love DST to get that license and take on the JJPrise, all the current versions of her are pretty lack luster... Except for the QMx $7,000 one. I'd would be happy with her coming before the C even... maybe... probably not, I want them equally. 

#56 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:36 PM

There's been a couple of good ones,like the Target exclusive dvd holder,I really liked that one. Think it's the best one I have,but I want a nice big DST version. I also hear the EM special was pretty good.

J-R!

#57 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:45 PM

I agree on the DVD holder being the best version out there. Which is sad...since its a dvd holder. 

#58 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:52 PM

LOL! True that.

J-R!

#59 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 01:01 PM

I do like the QMx statue from the 09 blu ray amazon exclusive, but there's no paint on it...God damn QMx... I just know they would make the 09 Enterprise as one of the first ships in their mythical collectors scale line... 

#60 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:30 AM

It makes sense to me at least that DST would be given the license for the new movies... It's always confused me as to why they never were involved at least in the first place given how established their Star Trek line is now. I heard that CBS wanted to go more mainstream though but who knows, for the third movie they might just admit that a mainstream company isn't the right way to go for the time being (produce a new weekly show or an animated Trek for the kids then lets talk Playmates!) 

Obviously DST's take on the Enterprise would be awesome but just think of how cool their USS Vengeance and Kelvin would be!!!!! Plus all the amazing sound clips and SFX sounds they could load it with!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users