• This topic is locked This topic is locked
92 replies to this topic

#81 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:21 AM

Well they did say they are doing two waves of these figures...so they are probably saving the Borg Queen to head up wave 2....because people aren't going to be too interested if it is just more drones.

As for the Exclusive I am betting the same thing, that it is Seven from The Gift. Now the question is....who exctally has the exclusive? Previews?

#82 ICON

ICON

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:09 PM

Mmmmmmmmm

#83 LwaxanaLover

LwaxanaLover

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:24 PM

This is wonderful news (for me anyway)! After looking at DST's original pics of 7 of 9 as a borg I was very disappointed to see that DST didn't choose to do "sexy" borg seven from "The Gift" like Paymates did. You know, still mostly Borg but showing some skin. Now it looks like we're getting both. Kudos DST. I've been a little worried that they weren't going to give Star Trek's sexiest female her dues but it looks like they are. I've been buying the Voyager DVD's and watching them like crazy lately and Seven is by far my favorite character from Voyager. Now bring on the brown catsuit!

#84 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:32 AM

Ok, not to be a negative nelly, but we really don't know what the 7 of 9 Borg exclusive is yet do we?

QUOTE ("DST Jen")
The first assortment will include the Half Borg, Borg Drone, 7 of 9 Borg and a 7 of 9 Borg exclusive.

Now maybe I'm reading this wrong, but with commas inserted that way, that parses to four figures in the 1st wave?

1. Half Borg,
2. Borg Drone,
3. 7 of 9 Borg and a
4. 7 of 9 Borg exclusive.

I guess I need to see some pictures DST Jen!

#85 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:21 AM

Yes, it sounds like 4 figures in the first wave...like any other wave of figures, 3 normal figures and usually a PX Exclusive.

#86 LwaxanaLover

LwaxanaLover

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:03 PM

QUOTE (BadBunnyMike @ Nov 13 2008, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, it sounds like 4 figures in the first wave...like any other wave of figures, 3 normal figures and usually a PX Exclusive.

So now we can speculate on series 2. Assuming it follows the same pattern as wave 1 i'm hoping it will be:
1. Borg Queen (obviously)
2. Half Borg
3. Assimilated Janeway from "Unimatrix Zero"
Exclusive: Hugh Borg

#87 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:05 PM

There were two Borg drones when we saw pictures from sdcc. So I am guessing Borg queen and the second drone in wave 2.

#88 LwaxanaLover

LwaxanaLover

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (slayerone76 @ Nov 13 2008, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There were two Borg drones when we saw pictures from sdcc. So I am guessing Borg queen and the second drone in wave 2.

Oh I thought that the "half borg" was one of the 2 shown. I didn't pay much attention to the generic borg figures, they don't really do alot for me. I adjusted my list accordingly. I wish that DST would have made the generic borg drone Magnus though, woulda been cool. I was thinking, wouldn't it be awesome if the "exclusive 7 of 9" turned out to be catsuit seven. DST said in a Q&A that Voyager merchandise is the least requested by fans, this would be the perfect chance to knock out 7 of 9 in one swoop. I don't think it's gonna happen but it would be great if it did.

#89 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (LwaxanaLover @ Nov 13 2008, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh I thought that the "half borg" was one of the 2 shown. I didn't pay much attention to the generic borg figures, they don't really do alot for me. I adjusted my list accordingly. I wish that DST would have made the generic borg drone Magnus though, woulda been cool. I was thinking, wouldn't it be awesome if the "exclusive 7 of 9" turned out to be catsuit seven. DST said in a Q&A that Voyager merchandise is the least requested by fans, this would be the perfect chance to knock out 7 of 9 in one swoop. I don't think it's gonna happen but it would be great if it did.

No, the two Borg we saw at SDCC were two fully assimilated drones. I checked cause I wasn't sure.

TNI's SDCC Pics (click here)

#90 Mr Troi

Mr Troi

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:08 PM

I think we have to consider too to that it may have been a typo in Jen's Blog that 7 of 9 got repeated twice. The Borg Queen has been shown all along as part of Wave 1. Of course things my have changed, but I think we should hold off excessive excitement or speculation till we see an official announcement.

#91 J C R

J C R

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:29 AM

I would like to see Borg versions of Janeway, Tuvok and Torres. That way we could at least look forward to some 'partial' Voyager figures.

#92 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:50 PM

Sorry I started a new topic. If anyone is interested cooltoyreview.com has some new pictures of this wave up and there are some figures in there we might not have been expecting to see already! If this is just wave one I'm definately excited about who else may show up in future waves!

#93 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:19 PM

Im going to close this topic and please focus on the thread "New Borg Wave"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users