• This topic is locked This topic is locked
92 replies to this topic

#1 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:49 AM

BBTS has pre-orders up already for the Borg wave!

It looks like each figure comes with a part of a Borg Alcove, so we are basically getting a "Build a Borg Alcove" wave!

Beautiful idea DST!! And sure to get people buying duplicates!

I'm seriously thinking about ordering a case of these! I mean after all... every Borg needs there own regeneration chamber right???

I really hope this wave sells well so that DST will consider other waves where you construct a part of the ship!!!

(Quark's bar for example... hint.. nudge... nudge... wink... wink... say no more!)

#2 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:02 AM

I'd love a bunch of Borg drones.. but this could get costly! wink.gif

#3 Commander Hunter

Commander Hunter

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE(reverie @ Feb 20 2008, 08:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd love a bunch of Borg drones.. but this could get costly! wink.gif

Oh I can see myself getting into trouble with this upcoming Borg Wave.... I used to Army Build Cobra Troopers for the GI Joe.. it kind of got nutty.... but ala I think that an extra (1) Borg Drone would go along way to make. Two Borg Drones, a Queen and 7 of 9. I would stop there.....

#4 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:46 PM

ah, hmm, so what if we only want 2 of the three figures lol gonna have a bit of an alcove. unless they make the guy drone a character like an FC locutus i dunno if i'll get these.

#5 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:51 PM

You are right NF. If it is a build a cove set, its an evil ploy to make us buy more. LOL To get three alcoves, thats nine figures! But, I'll bite and buy that many! I am a sad, pathetic, wisp of a Trek collector!

#6 Dr. Crusher

Dr. Crusher

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:50 PM

It's probably their way of making sure all the figures will sell, like they did with the Stargate figures. I do wish each figure came with its own alcove, though.

Hmm. I forsee a lot of "Who wants my extra Borg drones?" and "need alcove piece #3" posts in our future.

#7 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:32 PM

I think it's also a way to keep the unit cost down. Obviously including am alcove with every figure would probably put the price point closer to $30. Instead they will only be $20 ea... Only $17 ea if you buy them as a set!

#8 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:40 PM

Thats horrible! This alcove looks like the coolest thing DST has made thus far and that really will stink if you buy a set of three and will only be able to get one alcove. I would totally buy the alcove by itself. I wouldnt mind if the third figure wasnt the Queen because not many people are going to multiple of her. If all three were generic borg then I could see people buying mutiples to complete more alcoves. I know they are selling some of the Stargate transport rings off their website per piece. Hopefully they will sell a completed alcove as well!

#9 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:31 PM

Where are they selling some of the rings for StarGate? I cant find them?

#10 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:06 PM

I raed in a Toy Fair article about the Desert Camo wave that one ring will comes with Jonas and the others will have to be bought through the DST website store. I dont think they are up yet due to the wave not being released.

#11 Dr. Crusher

Dr. Crusher

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 01:40 AM

Really? I hadn't heard that before, that's kind of annoying. I assumed they'd include pieces of the rings with each figure like the other Stargate stuff.

#12 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:21 AM

Wow. would people really rather pay $30 per figure and get an alcove with each?

The other thing that BBTs says, is that it has electronics!!!

At the most I may like 2 or even three of these, but I quite honestly will probably be satisfied with just one!

heres what they have on bbts!

QUOTE("BigBadToystore.com")
On display at the Diamond Select Toys showroom was the incredibly detailed "Borg Wave", which will feature three figures that each include pieces of a Borg Assimilation Alcove. The Borg chamber will feature light effects, and each figure will retail at $19.99. Set is to include one each of Borg Queen, Seven of Nine (Borg Form) and Borg Drone.

If it really features the light effects then I think it's a great idea!

The full set is $50 for all three. BBTS is usually pretty much at the same price point (maybe a few dollars more) than NFC, so I expect that $45 to $50 will be the NFC pre-order price too.

I don't see that it's any different from the SG-1 figures. If you wanted a Star Gate you had to get them all!

I'm excited about the wave!

#13 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:05 AM

I would totally want more than one of these and would gladly pay $30 each for them. The electronics makes me want even more of them. I currently have a borg army of about 15 drones. I doubt I will be able to get one for each but....A Borg with no home is no Borg at all!

As per the Stargate line, the Desert wave is going to come with a build a MALP and the rings will only come with 1/2 figures. I think in the show they normally have 6-7 come down. To encompass any figure you're going to need more so DST is offering them through their site. I either saw that in an article on toynewsi.com or figures.com

#14 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:50 AM

I'm hoping you can buy these seperately as well... maybe the drone will have a piece that stands fine on it's own. That's what I'm hoping for anyway. But trying to find a decently priced website that sells figures individually is near impossible.

#15 Dr. Crusher

Dr. Crusher

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:29 AM

Is it normal for sites to have stuff up for preorder this quick? I think I remember seeing Rick say somewhere that they can't (or won't, can't remember) start preorders until the figures are solicited in Previews.

#16 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:02 AM

I think that is just Ricks policy. There are alot of sites that have them up as soon as they are anounced. As for buying them seperately rthere are a couple of good sites that offer Star TRek figures buy themselves at pretty good prices. Ususaly not as good as buying the set form Newforce but if you dont want them allthen I would go to Amazingtoys.com. I have used them before with no problems.

#17 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:49 AM

The cool thing about ordering from Rick is that he only posts his presells once his order is placed and confirmed by DST. This means that you will never be ordering these mysterious products that show up at cons, that aren't really "announced," just shown, and you don't have an order just floating around in cyberspace that you never know the details on and won't be getting.

#18 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Feb 21 2008, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ususaly not as good as buying the set form Newforce but if you dont want them allthen I would go to Amazingtoys.com. I have used them before with no problems.

Thanks for the site! I'm sure I'll be placing an order with them in the near future!

#19 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 11:55 AM

Well, I'm gonna guess and say your a bit unique in wanting so many alcoves thehsbr...

At most two or three will do me just fine, and It may be fun to make a few customs from the extra Borg...

So I'll probably order a set at normal prices, and look for some better deals on the rest... either opener sets from NFC, clearanced extras from FYE or such...

Eventually I should be able to obtain multiples, so I don't think it'll be a huge issue, and I think it's smart of DST to do it this way as I'd much rather pay $50 for the wave then $90.

Plus... it's DST, so you know they will find a way to sell you more Alcoves... especially once the tooling cost has been paid for!

#20 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 02:58 PM

I'll probably buy 2 alcoves to start with. And then maybe more as the years go on.

I would like to have Borg Seven, regular Seven (atleast one of them) & the generic drone in alcoves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users